Author Topic: New Frontier, New Friends And The Future - Heearn Major  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Cassia

• View Profile
Re: New Frontier, New Friends And The Future - Heearn Major
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 02:33:12 PM »
Cassia smiled and nodded at her Father, when he approved her request to meet the Starfleet people, then returning her attention to the approaching visitors, checking their distance from the palace.

"It would be a great pleasure to be your representative Father. I will do my best to further my knowledge, as well as gain friendship and reputation with their Alliance." She stated, straightening her back to show how proud she was to help her Father.

After a moment of watching their new friends approaching, she turned back to her father and then questioned, "Is Vorril to meet with them too?"

Cassia
Daughter Of The Sovereign
Heearn Major

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »
Sarla marched with pride, leading the way to the visiting Offworlders.  As expected the Starfleet people had received much attention, some of it good and some not so good.  The cooling breeze from the east struck them as they crossed the bridge, it was a wonderful to the skin.  Soon after crossing the bridge, they would pass through the streets of the city below the palace.  City was possibly not quite right as a description, it was little more than a glorified town, it'd achieved the status of city due to the palace. 

There were shops of various types, small production holdings similar to blacksmiths and open plan bakeries.  The scent from the freshly cooking Zeba-bread was divine and caused the feeling of hunger in Sarla's stomach.  Though it wasn't near time to eat at that point, but first she had to deliver the Starfleet people to the Sovereigns chambers.

After traversing the streets, the would enter the palace and receive an official welcome type salute from the palace guards as they passed.  The rooms were tall, light in colour and supported by large pillars.  Like the room the Sovereign was currently in, they were decorated with busts of famous Heearn, work from the Artisans and other gracefully placed objet dah.

"You will meet with the Sovereign within this room."  Sarla pointed as she gestured for two guards on the door to open it.  The room was similar in presentation, though this one had a long table that could seat 30 people.  The table and its chairs were built from a light brown coloured wood and shined like a mirror.  Each seat had a burgundy cushion and a drape over the back.  Servants were preparing the table for use.

Offline River Bellgrave

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 04:36:18 PM »
They were going to leave someone with the ship, which was nice, but it made Bellgrave a little nervous.  Why would they do that.  Perhaps they didn't want the team to leave easily, and they wanted someone there that could stop them.  She wasn't sure that was the case and she was likely just over thinking and over reacting but she had found that in her life, and in her missions, things could get wonky pretty quick and she didn't like people that did that.  She hoped that it wasn't like that though, she hoped that she was wrong and it was just added security. 

[Bellgrave to Security, it seems that some of the Natives will be helping keep an eye on the shuttle, please make them feel welcome.]  She knew that they would not judge the people, but that they would be on alert.  She knew that it would be good all around, and she was glad that they could at least move forward and she knew that her men were just fine.

The city was a mixed bag of acceptance and non-acceptance.  She sighed softly as her eyes shifted to the people.  This place was small, calling it a city was likely generous but it had something to do with the palace that sat at the top of the town that called it a city.  But she wasn't here to judge.  They walked up to the palace and the ornate building was lovely and all the decor and pieces that were here and there really called to her.  They were lovely and she felt that the people of Hearn had a decent eye.

She was told that they were going to meet the Soveriegn in a room.  Guards opened the door, and she felt Security step in around her to make sure that the room was secure.  Once she got the all clear from her men, she stepped into the room, and looked around herself.  It was simple, but still beautiful none the less.  She moved to the shiny table and she took a seat, and motioned to her crew to also to have a seat.

"We just wait here, everyone, remember, we are the voice of Starfleet."

Lt Cmdr River Bellgrave
Chief Science Officer
Starbase 410

Offline Artuis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 06:24:44 PM »
Cassia smiled and nodded at her Father, when he approved her request to meet the Starfleet people, then returning her attention to the approaching visitors, checking their distance from the palace.

"It would be a great pleasure to be your representative Father. I will do my best to further my knowledge, as well as gain friendship and reputation with their Alliance." She stated, straightening her back to show how proud she was to help her Father.

After a moment of watching their new friends approaching, she turned back to her father and then questioned, "Is Vorril to meet with them too?"

"Of that I have no doubt Cassia."  He raised a hand and cradled his daughters cheek.  "Ever since you joined my life, I have been filled with pride.  As for Vorril, yes he should be joining us, unless he has other matters that require his attention."  A smile crossed Artuis' face, though he wondered about Cassia's question and why Vorril was of concern.

"Come my dear, our visitors must be nearly here.  We shall meet them in the greeting chambers."  The Sovereign said leading the way out of the room and down a large staircase.  Upon approaching the door to the greeting chamber, the two guardsman opened them and allowed him to pass.  The Starfleet officers were already there and looked intrigued by their surroundings.

With his brief dealings, he'd learned how to tell who had authority among the Starfleet officers, it was quite logical in fact with their insignia.  His smile widened as he approached the one with three pips.

"Greetings, I am Artuis, Sovereign of the Heearn."  He said placing the sides of his hands together and facing them palms up.

Artuis
Sovereign Of The Heearn
Heearn Major

Offline River Bellgrave

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 02:12:49 PM »
River felt a little nervous. she had shot up in the ranks of Starfleet fairly fast recently but this was her first forray as a Commander, and being the first officer on a ship.  She had never before been the one that was in the front of meeting and greeting someone.  Of commanding an entire team.  She bit her lower lip, trying not to show that she was nervous.  Others didn't seem as nervous as she felt and she wasn't bold enough to lower her empathic shields to check.  She didn't want to impose on that for all the people that were around her. 

The double doors open, and she looked up.  Black eyes surveyed the white haired man as he made a bee line for her.  She was not surprised that he picked her out, she had the most pips on her collar, and she didn't mind that he had come to her first.  She rose, to greet him, and he put his hands together, palms up, and she smiled softly.  She gave him a warm nod and a warmer smile. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Sovereign.  My name is Commander River Bellgrave, and we have come at your invitation."  she looked at her team.  "This is my team, we're very thankful that you have given us leave to come and study your amazing culture and planet." she said warmly, allowing the man to take the next step.  Tell them what was allowed, expected, and whatever else he needed to say to them.

Lt Cmdr River Bellgrave
Chief Science Officer
Starbase 410

Offline Artuis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2017, 02:58:06 PM »
The Sovereign offered the Human Commander a nod, the same gesture was given to her crew, before returning his attention to the dark haired lady.  It was quite something for him to see someone so different, most Heearn shared similar light features.  "You are my pleasure Commander River Bellgrave."  He replied hoping he'd answered correctly and politely, the Humans had many ways of greeting and responding.

"Please be seated."  He said gesturing to the table and sitting at the end.  To River he gestured to the first chair on his right, allowing her a moment to be seated, he then gestured to his Servants who immediately came over.  The goblet in front of the Sovereign and then Bellgrave's was filled with a silver coloured liquid.  The beverages aroma was quite a fruity one and pleasant to the nostrils of most.  "Please try it Commander River Bellgrave, it is called Moon Wine and it is of the finest vintage."

"I am pleased that your Starfleet is here and that you are interested in our world and our....cul..tore?" 

Artuis
Sovereign Of The Heearn
Heearn Major

Offline Cassia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »
Cassia had followed her Father into the Greeting Chambers and took the seat to his left.

It seemed as though it was a custom for the other members of the Starfleet to stay quiet while their commander spoke, so Cassia complied to their rules, as to not seem rude. While she sat there in silence, she observed the people in the room.

It wasn't that she was looking for something to critique, more that she wanted to see how each of them acted individuality, rather that gaining all information about their association, from just one person, which could have led her to act in the wrong manner.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 01:29:09 PM by Cassia »

Cassia
Heearn Major

Offline Artuis

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
"Aah, I am forgetting, what is it that Human's call them?  Manners I believe."  Artuis said with a thoughtful look towards River, he gestured towards Cassia.  "This is Cassia, Daughter of the Sovereign."  Yes she was his Daughter, but she held what was considered more of an official title.  It roughly translated to a Princess.

"Cassia has much interest in your people Commander River Bellgrave, much I believe you do to mine."  His attention moved to Cassia, he placed his pale left hand over her smaller and delicate right hand.  "Since being a small child, she has had a great desire to expand her wisdom."  Keeping his hand where it was, Artuis looked back to the leader of his guests.  "I am certain she has burning desire to accost you with queries, would that be acceptable Commander River Bellgrave?"

Artuis
Sovereign Of The Heearn
Heearn Major

Offline Cassia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 01:57:49 PM »
"Aah, I am forgetting, what is it that Human's call them?  Manners I believe."  Artuis said with a thoughtful look towards River, he gestured towards Cassia.  "This is Cassia, Daughter of the Sovereign."  Yes she was his Daughter, but she held what was considered more of an official title.  It roughly translated to a Princess.

"Cassia has much interest in your people Commander River Bellgrave, much I believe you do to mine."  His attention moved to Cassia, he placed his pale left hand over her smaller and delicate right hand.  "Since being a small child, she has had a great desire to expand her wisdom."  Keeping his hand where it was, Artuis looked back to the leader of his guests.  "I am certain she has burning desire to accost you with queries, would that be acceptable Commander River Bellgrave?"

Cassia smiled towards her Father and then towards Commander River Bellgrave.

She bowed her head towards her and said in a smooth voice, "Many Pleasures in meeting you, Commander River Bellgrave."

Cassia had noticed that Commander River Bellgrave had very dark eyes, in comparison to the other female, though they both had dark hair. Cassia found it most intriguing, as she had expected all women to have the same colour eyes and hair.

If Commander River Bellgrave was to approve Cassia's request to inquire in her various questions, that was sure to be one of many.

Cassia
Heearn Major

Offline River Bellgrave

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2017, 07:40:37 PM »
"Just River please, or if you wish to be formal, Commander is fine.  But I am not your commander so River won't be without manners." she chuckled softly as the servants went about getting everyone drinks.  She looked into the goblet that was set before her.  Goblets, can't say as I've ever really seen one outside of a museum or a history book. she thought to herself.  The liquid was silver, and slightly reflective.  It had an amazingly fruity aroma which made her wonder just what kind of fruit would create something so beautiful.  Perhaps she would find out while they were doing their research.  This job, was a dream come true for someone like Bellgrave, she was the sort that just wanted to dive nose deep in something this massive that needed this much exploration.

She could literally spend the rest of her career here.

The man informed her it was not juice but wine and it was called Moon Wine.  It sounded romantic in it's own way.  She slid the goblet into her hand and she grasped it firmly.  Taking a delicate sip, she let the scents and tastes flood her mouth.  It was pure heaven, really, and she loved the way it slid down over her tongue and down her throat.  "It's delicious, thank you." she said keeping it in her hand as she sat back a bit more relaxed in her seat.  He spoke of Starfleet visiting and wishing to exlore his world and culture, before she could answer a young woman entered the room who looked a lot like the  Sovereign in many ways.

"I do appreciate you allowing myself and companions to come down to explore your lands, to research your planet, and your culture as well." she smiled softly and then the Sovereign mentioned that he had forgotten his manners and introduced the woman sitting at his side.  The daughter of the Sovereign, of course, her name was Cassia.  "That's a beautiful name, it is a pleasure to meet you as well." she smiled warmly.  The Sovereign mentioned that his daughter was as curious of Starfleet as they were of the people of Hearn and would undoubtedly have a bunch of questions.  River smiled warmly.

"Of course!  Ask me anything, I am an open book." she said as she took another sip of her wine before placing it back on the table.  "As long as you don't mind if we ask some questions of our own.  We can trade them, back and forth, you and I." she said.  Motioning to Cassia.  "Why don't you start with your first question about us."

Lt Cmdr River Bellgrave
Chief Science Officer
Starbase 410

Offline Artuis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
Artuis gave a slow and slight inclination of his head, her full title was not necessary, she preferred River or Commander according to formal occasions.  He lifted his goblet and raised it in toast to Bellgrave.  "Then I shall call you River, though I am curious of how you came to acquire such a name?  A river to us is a stretch of water, that feeds the great oceans."  The Sovereign showed a look of concern, worried that he may have come across as rude.  "I make no judgements and hope I have not caused you offence?"

The Commander drank the moon wine and appeared to enjoy its pleasures, after she thanked Artuis and described it as delicious.  "You are very welcome River, I shall make certain to provide you with a case of four bottles.  Perhaps you could present one to your..."  He was lost for words again and looked to Cassia in hopes that she would tell him.  "Ah."  He said as he recalled the words.  "To your commanding officer, as a gesture of friendship from the people of the Heearn."

River stated her gratitude to Artuis, for allowing herself and her companions to come to his world and research everything about it.  When she looked towards Cassia and expressed the beauty of her name, the Sovereign smiled with pride and placed his hand over his daughters.  "It is beauty like her own is it not?"

Commander Bellgrave agreed to questions and made a very curious comment about herself.  His light purple eyes slid to observe Cassia, slowly he repeated the words and thought about the meaning.  "An..open..book."  It was lost on him, so he turned to River and smiled.  "I am afraid I do not understand that reference, you bare no resemblance to a book."  She asked if it would be ok for them to ask questions too.  "But of course, you must ask anything you like, we are all friends are we not?"  Both River and Artuis turned their heads to face Cassia.  He smiled widely and allowed her to ask the first question to the Starfleet officers."

Artuis
Sovereign Of The Heearn
Heearn Major

Offline Cassia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 05:41:17 PM »
"Just River please, or if you wish to be formal, Commander is fine.  But I am not your commander so River won't be without manners." she chuckled softly as the servants went about getting everyone drinks.  She looked into the goblet that was set before her.  Goblets, can't say as I've ever really seen one outside of a museum or a history book. she thought to herself.  The liquid was silver, and slightly reflective.  It had an amazingly fruity aroma which made her wonder just what kind of fruit would create something so beautiful.  Perhaps she would find out while they were doing their research.  This job, was a dream come true for someone like Bellgrave, she was the sort that just wanted to dive nose deep in something this massive that needed this much exploration.

She could literally spend the rest of her career here.

The man informed her it was not juice but wine and it was called Moon Wine.  It sounded romantic in it's own way.  She slid the goblet into her hand and she grasped it firmly.  Taking a delicate sip, she let the scents and tastes flood her mouth.  It was pure heaven, really, and she loved the way it slid down over her tongue and down her throat.  "It's delicious, thank you." she said keeping it in her hand as she sat back a bit more relaxed in her seat.  He spoke of Starfleet visiting and wishing to exlore his world and culture, before she could answer a young woman entered the room who looked a lot like the  Sovereign in many ways.

"I do appreciate you allowing myself and companions to come down to explore your lands, to research your planet, and your culture as well." she smiled softly and then the Sovereign mentioned that he had forgotten his manners and introduced the woman sitting at his side.  The daughter of the Sovereign, of course, her name was Cassia.  "That's a beautiful name, it is a pleasure to meet you as well." she smiled warmly.  The Sovereign mentioned that his daughter was as curious of Starfleet as they were of the people of Hearn and would undoubtedly have a bunch of questions.  River smiled warmly.

"Of course!  Ask me anything, I am an open book." she said as she took another sip of her wine before placing it back on the table.  "As long as you don't mind if we ask some questions of our own.  We can trade them, back and forth, you and I." she said.  Motioning to Cassia.  "Why don't you start with your first question about us."
Artuis gave a slow and slight inclination of his head, her full title was not necessary, she preferred River or Commander according to formal occasions.  He lifted his goblet and raised it in toast to Bellgrave.  "Then I shall call you River, though I am curious of how you came to acquire such a name?  A river to us is a stretch of water, that feeds the great oceans."  The Sovereign showed a look of concern, worried that he may have come across as rude.  "I make no judgements and hope I have not caused you offence?"

The Commander drank the moon wine and appeared to enjoy its pleasures, after she thanked Artuis and described it as delicious.  "You are very welcome River, I shall make certain to provide you with a case of four bottles.  Perhaps you could present one to your..."  He was lost for words again and looked to Cassia in hopes that she would tell him.  "Ah."  He said as he recalled the words.  "To your commanding officer, as a gesture of friendship from the people of the Heearn."

River stated her gratitude to Artuis, for allowing herself and her companions to come to his world and research everything about it.  When she looked towards Cassia and expressed the beauty of her name, the Sovereign smiled with pride and placed his hand over his daughters.  "It is beauty like her own is it not?"

Commander Bellgrave agreed to questions and made a very curious comment about herself.  His light purple eyes slid to observe Cassia, slowly he repeated the words and thought about the meaning.  "An..open..book."  It was lost on him, so he turned to River and smiled.  "I am afraid I do not understand that reference, you bare no resemblance to a book."  She asked if it would be ok for them to ask questions too.  "But of course, you must ask anything you like, we are all friends are we not?"  Both River and Artuis turned their heads to face Cassia.  He smiled widely and allowed her to ask the first question to the Starfleet officers."

Cassia listened to River and then her Father. She was confused for a moment when the referance to an 'open book' was made, but then thought about the linguistic features that their people use and believed she knew the meaning.

She turned and faced her Father, seconds after he turned to look at her.

"I believe she means that she is easy in understanding... That we may ask her any questions and she will use her best of knowledge as too the answers." She explained to her Father and then looked back at River. "As for my question if I may. You both have very dark hair. It is vary uncommon to our people. Though your hair is darkened, your eyes vary in shade... Do all Human's vary so much?" She asked.

Cassia
Heearn Major

Offline River Bellgrave

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »
The man seemed confused by her name, and she gave him a soft smile as he gave her the English definition of a river.  Rivers were all the same everywhere, but she thought it was funny that he was so perplexed by her name.  "I think my parents just wanted something that stood out a little bit.  My middle name, is Solae, so .. much more of my heritage than River, but I've never minded it.  I think a good strong flowing of water makes for a strong name that will carry me through my life.  My mother believed that a strong name would carry you through life with strength, and she wanted something that was strong on it's own." she gave a shrug, there was nothing more to say about it.  She didn't mind the name, though she remembered that many people thought it was an odd one to be named after something so simple.

"Also, you won't easily offend me personally.  That is just not who I am so don't fear, if you step over the bounds I will inform you." she said warmly as she looked at the both of them, but River was nothing but warmth and a breath of fresh air.  She was warm and happy and she exuded the confidence that came from her station and rank.  He mentioned sending her some moon wine home with her, and she could give a bottle to her boss, she chuckled.  "I bet he would like that, thank you for the offer, I will gracefully accept." she said warmly as they continued to talk.

Her little idiom was lost on the man, and River had forgotten for a moment that he would not know all the figures of speech and things that came with that.  His daughter came in, and clarified without her having to, and River nodded that the girl was right.  It was only that she would answer whatever she could if she could without making a big deal out of it.  She had little to hide.  Finally, the girl asked her the first question and River smiled. 

"Dark hair is more prevalent, but there are those with red hair, blond hair, even hair similar to your color, and of course various shades of all those colors.  Eyes, yes they're all different.  I am from the planet Betazed, and my kind have black eyes, so if you ever meet another one of my kind, you'll find all our eyes are the same.  However, humans have many different colors and hues of eyes.  You have blue, green, black, brown, grey, so many colors and sometimes they change depending on the clothing that they wear.  It's quite interesting actually.  So does that mean that all the people of Hearn have the light hair and blue eyes?" she asked them curiously. 

"Your city here is rather small for the castle that stands in it's center.  Why did you chose this city?  How long have you been here?" she asked curiously taking mental notes.

Lt Cmdr River Bellgrave
Chief Science Officer
Starbase 410

Offline Artuis

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
Artuis placed his drink on the large table and turned his attention to River.  She talked of her parents and the desire she believed they had when naming her, then came another piece of information that intrigued him.  Her middle was Solae.  The notion of a strong river carrying her through life, hence the name she was given.  He wondered if it was indeed symbolic and was an expectation her parents had.  "I have noticed that many of your Federation people have two names, it is indeed intriguing, I had not realised that a middle name can also be used.  Is this common?"  Artuis asked.

She was not one who easily took offence at the actions or words of another, she was an enlightened individual and the Sovereign was gratified with keep her in his company.  She would also tell him if he had stepped over any bounds, though it was a strange term, he believed he understood that one.  The gift of the moonwine was greatly received and she believed her Commander would be appreciative.

Commander Bellgrave addressed Cassia's query next, dark hair was more common among the Federation people, as well it seemed were other colours.  The Sovereigns eyes widened with surprise as his focus moved to his Daughter.  "I believe that would be interesting to witness, do you not also Daughter?"  He asked.  River gave further information, some about herself and the planet she came from, called Betazed.  Her species had dark eyes it seemed and Humans had a variety of colours, some had the ability to alter theirs according to their attire.  "Again that is interesting, would it be possible to observe this?"  He asked with fascination.  "We Heearn all share near identical characteristics, though our shapes vary much like yours of course."

River presented her own question and asked about the city, the castle as well as why the chose it and how long it had been used.  "The city has been the home of the Sovereign for many hundreds of years, I believe it was created at approximately the same time as our great arrival on this world.  The choice was not mine to make, it simply is expected for the Sovereign to reside here."  He replied all the time his voice was soft and his expression was of happiness.

Artuis
Sovereign Of The Heearn
Heearn Major

Offline River Bellgrave

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 08:10:05 AM »
River wasn't sure how she could really help them observe the humans and all of their colorful characteristics.  Just wait til they meet an Andorian.. she thought to herself, thinking that when they met someone who's skin was literally blue in color it was going to be quite interesting.  She bit her lower lip as she pondered just what it was that he was going to want.  “I am certain that you will see plenty of differences in my team and myself.  Especially since we will be studying down here for some time and not just coming and leaving, my team will be larger than most landing parties and it should show you plenty of differences.”

She was curious, about their own heritage, she wondered if she could get genetic samples from them, but that might be something to ask for when they all knew each other a little better because she didn't want to assume that she could even ask.  Using a hyposyringe wouldn't be something as invasive as using an actual syringe but that didn't make it any less invasive.  She hoped to get to know the Sovereign a little bit better before she went for something like that. 

“If you continue to have questions, I'll see what I can do for your curiosity, and perhaps for our own.  Your people have definitely sparked a great deal of curiosity in myself and my team, so I am glad that have the chance to explore such things.”

He spoke about the city, and she smiled softly.  It made sense that the place just flat had history, they could not really control the size of the city and likely weren't going to.  The city would grow as it was going to, and as land allowed.  It might be something that they couldn't just change.  She hoped that the city was peaceful and calm that was what she wanted for their time here.  She wanted things to be easy.  She was hoping that David might come down and join them, more for personal reasons than really needed him but being the first officer in a new position on a new planet was overwhelming a little bit and it would be nice to see a familiar face.  She didn't know anyone among her crew that sat around the table quietly not really speaking, even though she wished that they would because it would present a more united front. 

“How did you become the Sovereign?  Are you voted in, or is it an inherited title?” she asked as she took another sip of her wine still enjoying the flavors of the wine very much, no matter how many time she too a sip it was still amazing and she hoped that she could really take some home with her.  It would be nice to share with someone.  Maybe David.. she thought to herself but then shook the thought from her mind, she didn't want to read into anything, he had someone that he liked and she wasn't about to move in on that and ruin whatever he had going.  Besides, she was not sure that they were compatible even if she hoped that they were.

“Where may my team and I begin in our research?  Are there any places off limits?”

Lt Cmdr River Bellgrave
Chief Science Officer
Starbase 410