Author Topic: New Horizon's - Engineering.  (Read 648 times)

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Engineering.
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »
(from Engineering)

=^= Engineering to the Captain,  We have found something odd with the engines..  It looks like someone has tampered with the harmonics.  Computer can not tell me who was the last one at the secondary engine room console.   Do Not go to Warp power until further notice.......     This could be a ticking time bomb waiting to happen... =^=

anything could be farther than the truth..  Someone has tampered with the propulsion of this vessel, now to find the one responsible.

Lieutenant Commander KnodwI Shepard
Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
KnodwI was busy trying to get his engines back in order.   Who ever made the changes, really did a number on them.   If they had went to warp speed with such an imbalance in the harmonics, it could have been catastrophic.

He was going to be awhile working on the engines.  He would have to make sure all three cores were clear before he would let them go back to warp power.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »
After what seemed like hours working on the engines.   KnodwI found a subroutine was added to the engine harmonic systems...  Once he decoded the subroutine, it was there a small code to destroy the main engines...

Now it would be a simple fix if it was on a standard starship, but with a class like the Prometheus there are three cores that have to be purged.

=^=Engineering to Captain, we have a problem.  Come to Engineering at your convenience.=^=

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 09:28:34 PM »
After what seemed like hours working on the engines.   KnodwI found a subroutine was added to the engine harmonic systems...  Once he decoded the subroutine, it was there a small code to destroy the main engines...

Now it would be a simple fix if it was on a standard starship, but with a class like the Prometheus there are three cores that have to be purged.

=^=Engineering to Captain, we have a problem.  Come to Engineering at your convenience.=^=

John entered Engineering his face not showing the events that happened earlier in his Quarters he walked towards the Warp Core feeling the glow from it.

"Report Commander" Finished John

Captian John Brown
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 10:29:17 AM »
John entered Engineering his face not showing the events that happened earlier in his Quarters he walked towards the Warp Core feeling the glow from it.

"Report Commander" Finished John

The Chief Engineer looked up to the Captain, then he pointed at the screen showing the harmonic sub-routine that has the engines all down.

I will give you my thoughts on this Captain, but who ever did this coding really could have really screwed us badly.  This has effected all three engine cores.  We are looking at four days without warp power.  On a good note, this did not effect the weapon systems for some reason.

He pulled up the sensor jammer specs up as well then handed him the padd.

This project has some potential.  I have gotten the jamming radius out to ten kilometers.  I might now be able to make it work shipwide, but it may cost another four days for that to be worked into the progress.

Now he waits for the Captain's go ahead on the projects.  He still had no clue on who did the damage to the engine cores.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 11:57:07 AM »
The Chief Engineer looked up to the Captain, then he pointed at the screen showing the harmonic sub-routine that has the engines all down.

I will give you my thoughts on this Captain, but who ever did this coding really could have really screwed us badly.  This has effected all three engine cores.  We are looking at four days without warp power.  On a good note, this did not effect the weapon systems for some reason.

He pulled up the sensor jammer specs up as well then handed him the padd.

This project has some potential.  I have gotten the jamming radius out to ten kilometers.  I might now be able to make it work shipwide, but it may cost another four days for that to be worked into the progress.

Now he waits for the Captain's go ahead on the projects.  He still had no clue on who did the damage to the engine cores.

John looked at the Warp Core and he looked at the Chief Engineer for a moment then he took a deep breath before speaking.

"Commander you have 36 Hours tops before we could get visitors, I need Partial Warp before then even if it's Warp 3 to take us to a hide away to complete repairs use as many as needed to get this done" Finished John then looking at him for a moment "I do realize this is asking alot of your Staff but this can't be help good work on the Sensor Jammer I have been thinking is there a way we can send a Data Packet causing all Federation Ships to not get proper readings of us.....John trailed off "Also Commander I would need a Shielding Program that could help us last within an Corona of a Sun for long periods if needed" Brown finished

Captian John Brown
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 11:01:01 AM »
=/\= Lieutenant Ingram to Captain Brown, the energy shield is down and the away team are back on board =/\=

Lieutenant Charlotte Ingram
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 03:13:01 AM »
John looked at the Warp Core and he looked at the Chief Engineer for a moment then he took a deep breath before speaking.

"Commander you have 36 Hours tops before we could get visitors, I need Partial Warp before then even if it's Warp 3 to take us to a hide away to complete repairs use as many as needed to get this done" Finished John then looking at him for a moment "I do realize this is asking alot of your Staff but this can't be help good work on the Sensor Jammer I have been thinking is there a way we can send a Data Packet causing all Federation Ships to not get proper readings of us.....John trailed off "Also Commander I would need a Shielding Program that could help us last within an Corona of a Sun for long periods if needed" Brown finished

KnodwI looked at the Captain with a puzzled look.   The time frame to complete a rework of the warp cores was going to take longer than he wanted.

Captain, I can get you partial warp power in 48 hours, there is no negotiations on this.  These engines are still green.  So the specs are tight, till we work out all of the bugs.   The shields, it is called metaphasic shielding, it has been used before on the Enterprise.  It is in the computer, we should be able to use that without a problem.   If you can use the command codes of the other Federation ships, you can make us look like a Romulan scout ship. 

Then the comm to the Captain come through.

By your leave sir.

Then KnodwI went back out to the engine room and got with the others of his staff to get the work started on the engine repairs.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 11:05:55 AM »
KnodwI looked at the Captain with a puzzled look.   The time frame to complete a rework of the warp cores was going to take longer than he wanted.

Captain, I can get you partial warp power in 48 hours, there is no negotiations on this.  These engines are still green.  So the specs are tight, till we work out all of the bugs.   The shields, it is called metaphasic shielding, it has been used before on the Enterprise.  It is in the computer, we should be able to use that without a problem.   If you can use the command codes of the other Federation ships, you can make us look like a Romulan scout ship. 

Then the comm to the Captain come through.

By your leave sir.

Then KnodwI went back out to the engine room and got with the others of his staff to get the work started on the engine repairs.

John sighed then looked at the Cheif Engineer for a moment before speaking towards him

"Just try your best Commander" Finished John as he hear the comm calls he looked up towards where the Bridge was then headed towards it

Captian John Brown
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »
John sighed then looked at the Cheif Engineer for a moment before speaking towards him

"Just try your best Commander" Finished John as he hear the comm calls he looked up towards where the Bridge was then headed towards it

KnodwI got busy.  When the Red Alert sounded off.   This is something he did not want to have come up.  He had the new routine to be put in the core system, but it would take time.  So he added the routine to the main core.

=^= Engineering to bridge, you have low warp power.  Do not exceed warp 4.  =^=

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 09:50:09 PM »
KnodwI worked quickly to get the new routines into the warp core systems.   He had ran from one engine room to the next.   Finally, he was at the engine room off of the saucer section.  He put in the codes and ran a quick diagnostic.   

The ship was ready once again, but he knew if it came down to a major battle.  The system could fail again.  So he placed his top engineers at the terminals at each core. 

=^= Engineering to Captain,  We are at full power once again.  Watch for any major battles, if we have to go into multi vector assault mode, I can not guarantee the engines....  I am certain that if it comes to that, we should still be at 95%...   =^=

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
KnodwI continued to work on his engines, then it was complete...   The engines were back to normal, but the little bug in the subroutines were removed and new ones replaced it.   Now for the testing of all testing.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:56 AM »
Thirteen Days Later

After collecting the equipment they needed from Outpost 78 and making some alliances on the way the Horizon is now within striking distance of Earth.

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 11:33:45 AM »
KnodwI just returned from the mess hall.   He was in a pretty good humor.  Done some good weapon training with the doctor.  He had to make a few weapons for the doctor.  So he went to his forge he had p!aced in an empty area of engineering.

He grabbed some metal, then started to heat the metal.  Once the metal was hot enough, he began to fold and form the metal the way he wanted.

As time went on he had forged out two weapons.  A lighter weight bat'leth and a meq'leth was made with some design work that has a Klingon soul made into it.

He took the blades back to his office and took some there.  He knew that something could happen at anytime.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:39:24 PM by KnodwI Shepard »

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
TIME JUMP TWO HOURS LATER

All Crew are on the Bridge as the Horzion just warped into orbit[/I\]