Author Topic: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.  (Read 12570 times)

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
New Horizon's - Recreational Area.
« on: June 04, 2017, 01:52:23 PM »
The USS Horizon is currently in Spacedock and in a low power state.  She is scheduled to launch in 3 days and is currently undergoing the last of her pre-launch checks.

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Gibson
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 03:51:02 PM »
While they was in the turbolift Grix mentioned keeping the beard. "I have no issues with the beard lieutenant nor I'm sure the captain doesn't fully mind it either. Just try to keep it within regulations, nicely trimmed and even."

Once they stepped off the turbolift Grix mentioned his mother and the arrogance that most pilots need to have. "There's nothing wrong with having a little arrogance in pilots. I had it too during the academy when i tried out to be a pilot, however my arrogance was misplaced as I simply was an ok pilot. I'm not saying don't think you're the best pilot in Starfleet but show it. Hell I encourage it just keep your arrogance in check a little." Josh then paused as they came to a set of doors. "But show your arrogance when the captain calls for it." Josh let out a slight chuckle. "Here we are." The doors open and a huge room is shown. People are eating, drinking, and having numerous conversations. Josh stepped in first and found an empty table. "Have a seat lieutenant. What do you have a taste for?"

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Christian Grix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:23:57 PM »

Grix stepped inside and looked around the mess hall with a brief smile before returning his attention to the XO. "I'll have a coffee with fries and whatever we have that passes for chicken please, sir". Grix already had a feeling him and the XO would get along and he wondered if the man was going to talk a while longer or get about other duties.

"What have you heard about where we are going sir, I've heard rumours we are either off somewhere new or the old Romulan border". He smiled genuinely excited at either rumour.

He looked across the bar and noticed a young blonde woman in a gold shirt who had her nose stuck in a book, but returned his attention to the XO as he would have time to talk to women when he smartened himself up.

Lt Cmdr Christian Grix
Chief of Operations
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Gibson
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:48:40 PM »

Grix stepped inside and looked around the mess hall with a brief smile before returning his attention to the XO. "I'll have a coffee with fries and whatever we have that passes for chicken please, sir". Grix already had a feeling him and the XO would get along and he wondered if the man was going to talk a while longer or get about other duties.

"What have you heard about where we are going sir, I've heard rumours we are either off somewhere new or the old Romulan border". He smiled genuinely excited at either rumour.

He looked across the bar and noticed a young blonde woman in a gold shirt who had her nose stuck in a book, but returned his attention to the XO as he would have time to talk to women when he smartened himself up.

Josh laughed as the waiter came up and took their order. Josh placed the order for both of them and Josh ordered spaghetti with meatballs and ice water.

"Well lieutenant you heard more than I have. I just got on the bridge when i had to get you to relax some. I'm sure the captain will relay our first mission once we get our full complement or at the very least the entire senior staff."

The waiter brought them their food and drinks and they began eating.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
THE FOLLOWING MORNING - 7AM - LAUNCH DAY

The only thing everyone needs to be aware of is that the ship is launching at 9AM.  You can be anywhere you want at this point, but should make your way to the ship if you are not onboard already.

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
Josh touched a button on the chair. "Attention all hands. This is Commander Shepard. All crewmembers are to report to cargo bay one at 0730. Shepard out." Josh then closed the ship wide channel and picked up a PADD and started going over the weapons inventory.

Considering the amount she had drank the night before, Charlotte was feeling energised and hangover free thanks to drinking plenty of water and soaking up the alcohol with food. She had enjoyed every minute of the night from meeting TJ, to meeting and getting on with Kate before meeting the others who ended up joining them.

But now she was in the Mess Hall enjoying some breakfast whilst she waited for Kate so they could grab coffee before the ship launched and no doubt gossip about the night before and both TJ and Jurgen. She smiled at the thought but she was soon brought back to the present when Commander Shepard gave a ship wide announcement and decided that they should still have time for coffee before they had go to Cargo Bay One.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Bonnie Moors

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »
Bonnie's Quarters

Bonnie stepped out of the shower which she had just been in for no longer than 5 minutes and dried herself off. She took a sip of the glass of water she had in the side and then put her clean work clothes on.

Bonnie reflected over the past night and smiled to herself. She was glad she'd made the effort to go. It ended well with her meeting and befriending Christian, also getting to know all of the senior officers on the ship was a good call too. The only senior officer she hadn't met now was the captain, captain William Hunter. She had heard the man had made a name for himself and was interested in meeting him.

Bonnie finished putting on her clothes and walked over to the mirror. There layed the necklace which she wore regularly. She picked up the necklace and begun put it on. "Ready for another day of work." Bonnie said to herself, as she fastened the small necklace around her neck.

Bonnie looked around her quarters one last time and made sure she had everything she needed, she nodded to herself when she knew she had everything and prepared to leave the room for Sickbay, grabbing the replicated coffee and apple she had taken and then finally leaving the room for Sickbay.

>> Next post Sickbay.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:11:16 PM by Bonnie Moors »

Dr. Bonnie Moors
Civilian Doctor
USS Horizon
Click image to view bio.

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
Considering the amount she had drank the night before, Charlotte was feeling energised and hangover free thanks to drinking plenty of water and soaking up the alcohol with food. She had enjoyed every minute of the night from meeting TJ, to meeting and getting on with Kate before meeting the others who ended up joining them.

But now she was in the Mess Hall enjoying some breakfast whilst she waited for Kate so they could grab coffee before the ship launched and no doubt gossip about the night before and both TJ and Jurgen. She smiled at the thought but she was soon brought back to the present when Commander Shepard gave a ship wide announcement and decided that they should still have time for coffee before they had go to Cargo Bay One.

Mess Hall

The night before had been fun... Getting to know Charlotte better as well as the rest of the crew who had attended the night out. Kate had only wished the two men they'd met in the bar didn't have to leave so soon. The Nord had caught her eye, but maybe it was for the best as the Horizon was launching today for a three year mission. Now it was time to get serious.

The petite doctor entered the mess hall just as the XO made his ship wide announcement. Kate continued in as the golden blonde's blue gaze connected with the CSO's where she was already sitting having breakfast.

On the way over, she picked up a strong black coffee, then joined her.

"Good morning... Sorry to keep you waiting. I slept through my alarm, which I very seldom ever do," she rolled her eyes, then chuckled softly.  ".... though the dream was worth it. How are you feeling?"

Lieutenant Commander Dr. Katelyn Carter
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Mess Hall

The night before had been fun... Getting to know Charlotte better as well as the rest of the crew who had attended the night out. Kate had only wished the two men they'd met in the bar didn't have to leave so soon. The Nord had caught her eye, but maybe it was for the best as the Horizon was launching today for a three year mission. Now it was time to get serious.

The petite doctor entered the mess hall just as the XO made his ship wide announcement. Kate continued in as the golden blonde's blue gaze connected with the CSO's where she was already sitting having breakfast.

On the way over, she picked up a strong black coffee, then joined her.

"Good morning... Sorry to keep you waiting. I slept through my alarm, which I very seldom ever do," she rolled her eyes, then chuckled softly.  ".... though the dream was worth it. How are you feeling?"

Charlotte looked up as Kate joined her and smiled when she apologised for keeping her waiting due to her sleeping through her alarm and it turned to a knowing grin at the mention of her dream. " I bet it was and wonder if it had to do with a certain Nord " she replied playfully then answered her question about how she was feeling. " I'm good thanks no hangover and yes before you ask a certain individual was on my mind all night too ".

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 05:49:10 PM »
Charlotte looked up as Kate joined her and smiled when she apologised for keeping her waiting due to her sleeping through her alarm and it turned to a knowing grin at the mention of her dream. " I bet it was and wonder if it had to do with a certain Nord " she replied playfully then answered her question about how she was feeling. " I'm good thanks no hangover and yes before you ask a certain individual was on my mind all night too ".

Mess Hall

Katelyn took a long sip of the steaming dark liquid. The warmth felt good going down, though the taste could have been better. It was hard to beat a real cup of Joe. Something she would miss.

"Perhaps," the CMO smiled coyly. "I kept seeing those blue eyes of his gazing back at me. Gods I'm hopeless," she chuckled again, then looked at her wrist chrono.

"Well we better get moving here... Wouldn't want to be the last one showing up." Another good sip was taken of the coffee, then it was gone. The doctor was used to slamming the caffeinated drink from her residency days.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 06:03:39 PM »
Mess Hall

Katelyn took a long sip of the steaming dark liquid. The warmth felt good going down, though the taste could have been better. It was hard to beat a real cup of Joe. Something she would miss.

"Perhaps," the CMO smiled coyly. "I kept seeing those blue eyes of his gazing back at me. Gods I'm hopeless," she chuckled again, then looked at her wrist chrono.

"Well we better get moving here... Wouldn't want to be the last one showing up." Another good sip was taken of the coffee, then it was gone. The doctor was used to slamming the caffeinated drink from her residency days.

Charlotte didn't blame her for what she said about Jurgen, hell she felt the same way about TJ with the way he mesmerised her with his eyes, charm and personality almost as if he was staring into her very soul. " Your not but I know what you mean, TJ had a similar effect on me " she replied almost blushing again but managed to stop herself.

At the mention of not being late Charlotte agreed quickly finishing her drink before she got up from the table. " Yeah good idea and I wouldn't want us to be the last ones either " she said picking up her tray then walked over to dispose of it before returning to Kate.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »
Charlotte didn't blame her for what she said about Jurgen, hell she felt the same way about TJ with the way he mesmerised her with his eyes, charm and personality almost as if he was staring into her very soul. " Your not but I know what you mean, TJ had a similar effect on me " she replied almost blushing again but managed to stop herself.

At the mention of not being late Charlotte agreed quickly finishing her drink before she got up from the table. " Yeah good idea and I wouldn't want us to be the last ones either " she said picking up her tray then walked over to dispose of it before returning to Kate.

Mess Hall

Kate dropped off her empty coffee mug as well, then the two female officers stepped into the turbolift. She was just about to push the deck button on the wall panel where Cargo Bay One was located when another announcement came overhead from the First Officer.

Before Josh could acknowledge the captain's order he was already left for the conference room. Josh then tapped the button on the chair. "Senior officers report to the conference room. Doctor Moors report as well."

"Oh oh, must be something big to include my civilian associate as well," the CMO said, exchanging a look with the Lieutenant before she pressed the button for the Command Deck instead.

>>> to Conference Room>>>

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 05:11:56 PM »
One Week Later
The Horizon is currently in orbit of an unknown planet in the Hurik System, The Captain has ordered Commander Shepard to take an away team down to the surface and investigate.

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 03:07:13 AM »
One Week Later
The Horizon is currently in orbit of an unknown planet in the Hurik System, The Captain has ordered Commander Shepard to take an away team down to the surface and investigate.

Charlotte was in the Mess Hall mulling over the news she had received from home, her mother was seriously ill in the local medical facility and despite her father's reassurances not to worry and that there was no need for her to come home, she couldn't settle properly. She had barely slept since receiving the news yet knew she had to be on top form to perform her duties. Wanting to scream out loud at the injustice of it all but that wouldn't do her any good so for now she returned to the steaming mug of coffee and her food to try and pull herself round ready for her next duty shift on the Bridge.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
Charlotte was in the Mess Hall mulling over the news she had received from home, her mother was seriously ill in the local medical facility and despite her father's reassurances not to worry and that there was no need for her to come home, she couldn't settle properly. She had barely slept since receiving the news yet knew she had to be on top form to perform her duties. Wanting to scream out loud at the injustice of it all but that wouldn't do her any good so for now she returned to the steaming mug of coffee and her food to try and pull herself round ready for her next duty shift on the Bridge.

Stepping into the mess, sapphire blues spotted her friend sitting at their usual table where they would meet up when time permitted looking especially down today. Katelyn grabbed a mug of coffee for herself, then walked over to where Charlotte was. The petite doctor gave a reassuring, gentle pat on the Chief Science Officer's shoulder, then slipped into the chair across from the brunette flashing a warm smile.

"Tough morning?" she asked with friendly concern etched in her voice before taking a sip of the steaming dark liquid.

=^=Commander Shepard, Doctor Carter,  report to transporter room 2.=^=

A sigh left Dr. Carter's lips as she reached to touch her comm badge. For once, she'd just like to finish a whole cup of coffee first before being called away.

=/\= Acknowledged, Commander. =/\=

Katelyn flashed an apologetic smile to Charlotte as she pushed up from the table. "Sorry, duty calls... We will have to catch up later," she nodded as in 'It's a date.', then quickly exited the Mess Hall en route to Transporter 2 via the turbo lift.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon