Author Topic: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
Charlotte looked up from her food when she felt a reassuring pat on her shoulder and managed to smile as her friend sat opposite her and appreciated her concern and reassurance. However before she could tell her what was wrong her comm badge chirped and understood when it came to duty.

" I understand and definitely we will " she replied looking forward to when they could speak properly and watched as Katelyn left the Mess Hall hoping that whatever she had been called for went well and returned to her coffee and what was left of her food.

Lieutenant Charlotte Ingram
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 01:01:57 PM »
Josh was waiting in the transporter room. He was thinking about something then he tapped his communicator. =^=Shepard to Lieutenant Ingram, report to transporter room 2.=^=

Charlotte had more or less finished her coffee and food when she also received a hail from the XO to report to the transporter room. Thinking that this would be a welcomed distraction from everything that had been going on in her personal life she immediately got up from the table and deposited her empty dishes before heading out of the Mess Hall to join Kate and the others.

As she got into a waiting turbolift, she leaned against the rail and called out her destination and as the lift whirred to life she thought about why she had been called and was definitely intrigued to find out where they would be going especially as this would be her first proper away mission.

>> Next post transporter room >>

Lieutenant Charlotte Ingram
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:29 AM »
Thirteen Days Later

After collecting the equipment they needed from Outpost 78 and making some alliances on the way the Horizon is now within striking distance of Earth.

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 10:22:00 PM »
Thirteen Days Later

After collecting the equipment they needed from Outpost 78 and making some alliances on the way the Horizon is now within striking distance of Earth.

Gym

Katelyn was an avid runner so the ship's gym is where the petite doctor was at this hour during Gamma shift cutting a seven minute mile on one of treadmills while listening to her favorite playlist of country music. The challenging mission to say the least was starting to get to her and had led to sleeping difficulties as of late. Hopefully the extra workout would help alleviate some of the excess stress the CMO was feeling as she would hate to have to medicate herself otherwise in order to  sleep.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:29:43 PM by Katelyn Carter »

Lieutenant Commander Dr. Katelyn Carter
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »
Gym

Katelyn was an avid runner so the ship's gym is where the petite doctor was at this hour during Gamma shift cutting a seven minute mile on one of treadmills while listening to her favorite playlist of country music. The challenging mission to say the least was starting to get to her and had led to sleeping difficulties as of late. Hopefully the extra workout would help alleviate some of the excess stress the CMO was feeling as she would hate to have to medicate herself otherwise in order to  get some sleep.

KnodwI, just finished his time in Engineering, so he went to his quarters to change into his workout attire.   He grabbed a few of his weapons to work with, then he headed to the gym.
When he arrived to the gym, he noticed the doctor doing some running.  So he started to do some of his martial arts stretches. 

"Doctor, trouble sleeping at this hour?", he asked.

Lieutenant Commander KnodwI Shepard
Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 10:45:17 PM »
KnodwI, just finished his time in Engineering, so he went to his quarters to change into his workout attire.   He grabbed a few of his weapons to work with, then he headed to the gym.
When he arrived to the gym, he noticed the doctor doing some running.  So he started to do some of his martial arts stretches. 

"Doctor, trouble sleeping at this hour?", he asked.

Katelyn didn't notice the Kiingon officer at first as she was in her 'zone', but a slow smile crept onto her face as KnodwI began doing his martial arts on the main mat.

"Guilty as charged... How about you, Chief?" the ponytail wagging blonde asked after pulling the music ear buds out to be considerate of her newfound company as they conversed in the late night.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »
Katelyn didn't notice the Kiingon officer at first as she was in her 'zone', but a slow smile crept onto her face as KwondI began doing his martial arts on the main mat.

"Guilty as charged... How about you, Chief?" the ponytail wagging blonde asked after pulling the music ear buds out to be considerate of her newfound company as they conversed in the late night.

He looked at her..   

"I have been so busy in Engineering, I have neglected to keep up with my workouts.  Would you like to join up with me?  I could show you some weapon training as well, used for self defense.", he said to her being mesmerized by her beauty.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:27 PM »
He looked at her..   

"I have been so busy in Engineering, I have neglected to keep up with my workouts.  Would you like to join up with me?  I could show you some weapon training as well, used for self defense.", he said to her being mesmerized by her beauty.

"Oh I know you have... and the crew is ever so grateful," Katelyn nodded keeping that smile on her face, then added after hitting the button on the control panel to begin slowing the treadmill down. "Sure... I've pretty much reached my max milage for tonight."

The petite doctor grabbed her water bottle that was in the cup holder, then stepped off the treadmill  and took a sip. A towel was picked up off the bench nearby to wipe off some perspiration as she walked over to the mat where the Chief Engineer was standing with his 'toys'.

"So what are the weapons you have there?"

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
"Oh I know you have... and the crew is ever so grateful," Katelyn nodded keeping that smile on her face, then added after hitting the button on the control panel to begin slowing the treadmill down. "Sure... I've pretty much reached my max milage for tonight."

The petite doctor grabbed her water bottle that was in the cup holder, then stepped off the treadmill  and took a sip. A towel was picked up off the bench nearby to wipe off some perspiration as she walked over to the mat where the Chief Engineer was standing with his 'toys'.

"So what are the weapons you have there?"

He gave a slight grin.

"I usually bring two with me.  That is the Bat'leth and the Meq'leth.  Both have their advantages and some disadvantages.  Which would you like to try?", he asked her

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 12:42:04 AM »
He gave a slight grin.

"I usually bring two with me.  That is the Bat'leth and the Meq'leth.  Both have their advantages and some disadvantages.  Which would you like to try?", he asked her

Katelyn took one more sip of the refreshing water, then put the bottle and towel down off to the side. The doctor stretched from side to side a bit as she walked out onto the mat.

"I grew up around guns as my family hunted back in Washington State on Earth so I am quite comfortable with them, and if I may say a rather good shot," the blonde winked with a soft chuckle to follow.

"But, melee weapons are new to me. I'll defer to your good judgement, Chief, which of your two fine examples there would be best for a novice and Human to begin learning with."

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
Katelyn took one more sip of the refreshing water, then put the bottle and towel down off to the side. The doctor stretched from side to side a bit as she walked out onto the mat.

"I grew up around guns as my family hunted back in Washington State on Earth so I am quite comfortable with them, and if I may say a rather good shot," the blonde winked with a soft chuckle to follow.

"But, melee weapons are new to me. I'll defer to your good judgement, Chief, which of your two fine examples there would be best for a novice and Human to begin learning with."

He thought for a moment.

"It will depend on the situation, for which weapon to be used.   In close quarter combat the meq'leth would be a good choice.  For not of the open area, both are very useful.   If I had to choose which I would go with the Meq'leth as my main weapon, but to get the understanding of the weapons.  I would suggest you learn both weapons.", he said kind of rambling because he was nervous.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 09:39:32 AM »
He thought for a moment.

"It will depend on the situation, for which weapon to be used.   In close quarter combat the meq'leth would be a good choice.  For not of the open area, both are very useful.   If I had to choose which I would go with the Meq'leth as my main weapon, but to get the understanding of the weapons.  I would suggest you learn both weapons.", he said kind of rambling because he was nervous.

A slow smile grew upon Kate's face as the Klingon officer showed his nerves with her.  Such a small thing like the CMO could make the mighty KnowdI weak in the knees. It was endearing.

Blue orbs looked thoughtfully over both weapons he held. The mek'leth was a two-pronged dagger. The bat'leth was a curved-bilateral sword. The petite doctor was more inclined to the smaller of the two, but chose the bigger one.

"Well I've always been curious about this one. I'll start off with it," the blonde grinned, reaching with both hands to take the bat'leth from him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 09:41:34 AM by Katelyn Carter »

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »
A slow smile grew upon Kate's face as the Klingon officer showed his nerves with her.  Such a small thing like the CMO could make the mighty KnowdI weak in the knees. It was endearing.

Blue orbs looked thoughtfully over both weapons he held. The mek'leth was a two-pronged dagger. The bat'leth was a curved-bilateral sword. The petite doctor was more inclined to the smaller of the two, but chose the bigger one.

"Well I've always been curious about this one. I'll start off with it," the blonde grinned, reaching with both hands to take the bat'leth from him.

"Ah, good choice to learn with.", he said.

He let her take the weapon from him.

"Feel the weight, let the weapon become part of you, let it also be an extension of your arm, leg, and torso.", he said to her encouraging her more.

He had the Meq'leth hooked in its sheath on his lower back.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:37:22 AM by KnodwI Shepard »

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
"Ah, good choice to learn with.", he said.

He let her take the weapon from him.

"Feel the weight, let the weapon become part of you, let it also be an extension of your arm, leg, and torso.", he said to her encouraging her more.

He had the Meq'leth hooked in its sheath on his lower back.

Katelyn gripped the bat'leth with both hands evenly spaced, then experimentally moved with the curved-double blade trying to become one with the weapon.

"Your bat'leth is well-balanced... and heavy," the petite blonde chuckled feeling her toned arm muscles getting a real workout. "How am I doing so far? Any pointers?" she asked over her shoulder as she faced the gym's mirror.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »
Katelyn gripped the bat'leth with both hands evenly spaced, then experimentally moved with the curved-double blade trying to become one with the weapon.

"Your bat'leth is well-balanced... and heavy," the petite blonde chuckled feeling her toned arm muscles getting a real workout. "How am I doing so far? Any pointers?" she asked over her shoulder as she faced the gym's mirror.

He watched her closely.  He noticed that she had a good form with the bat'leth. 

"You might need a slightly lighter bat'leth, but for now this will work.", he said.

He needed to work with her on parry.  So he grabbed his meq'leth.   

"We are going slow, this way you will be able to use the bat'leth better.   Defend yourself...", he said to her.

His meq'leth comes towards her.

Chief Engineer
USS Horizon