Author Topic: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Recreational Area.
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2017, 03:36:12 PM »
The expression on Kate's face was simply, oh my. After a moment of letting that bit of information settle, she patted Charlotte's arm. "Good for you two. In times like these, we should live life to the fullest, damn the rules. You both have been through a lot. I'm here for you if you need me," she nodded sincerely.

It felt like an eternity as she waited for Kate's response to her little revelation but in reality didn't have to wait that long as it sunk in and she patted her arm before saying what she did. Charlotte allowed herself to breathe more normally and smiled at her friend.

" Thanks Kate and your right we have been through a lot and I really do like him " she replied " I haven't felt like this in a very long time and he does make me happy" she said pausing for a moment to take a drink then continued. " You know I'll come to you if I need to and I'm always there for you too but now you know what happened, care to share about Knowdi?".

Lieutenant Charlotte Ingram
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »
It felt like an eternity as she waited for Kate's response to her little revelation but in reality didn't have to wait that long as it sunk in and she patted her arm before saying what she did. Charlotte allowed herself to breathe more normally and smiled at her friend.

" Thanks Kate and your right we have been through a lot and I really do like him " she replied " I haven't felt like this in a very long time and he does make me happy" she said pausing for a moment to take a drink then continued. " You know I'll come to you if I need to and I'm always there for you too but now you know what happened, care to share about Knowdi?".

"Well, there's not much to tell really," Kate said, then took a sip of milk thinking upon it a moment while she swallowed. "I mean he simply offered to give me a sparring lesson with his Klingon weapons as we both were in the gym working out. It was fun. I enjoyed the company. The Chief is a nice man."

Katelyn didn't know what else to say... Perhaps there was more to it, but she was in total denial if there was. The doctor's heart was still closed off as she never wanted to feel the  pain again of losing someone she loved as when her fiancĂ© was killed during the Dominion War and her father died in the line of duty on a three alarm fire when she was just a young teen.

Lieutenant Commander Dr. Katelyn Carter
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
"Well, there's not much to tell really," Kate said, then took a sip of milk thinking upon it a moment while she swallowed. "I mean he simply offered to give me a sparring lesson with his Klingon weapons as we both were in the gym working out. It was fun. I enjoyed the company. The Chief is a nice man."

Katelyn didn't know what else to say... Perhaps there was more to it, but she was in total denial if there was. The doctor's heart was still closed off as she never wanted to feel the  pain again of losing someone she loved as when her fiancĂ© was killed during the Dominion War and her father died in the line of duty on a three alarm fire when she was just a young teen.

Charlotte listened to her friend as she spoke about what had happened with Knowdi and understood when she didn't say anything else. " I agree he is a nice man Kate and I don't blame you for having some fun and enjoying his company " she replied " But you know what there's nothing wrong with that or what's happened to me with John and we're not hurting anything making the most of our time out here and enjoying life" she said before taking another bite of her sandwich.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2017, 07:13:42 PM »
Charlotte listened to her friend as she spoke about what had happened with Knowdi and understood when she didn't say anything else. " I agree he is a nice man Kate and I don't blame you for having some fun and enjoying his company " she replied " But you know what there's nothing wrong with that or what's happened to me with John and we're not hurting anything making the most of our time out here and enjoying life" she said before taking another bite of her sandwich.

"No, no there isn't I suppose," Kate answered, then took another bite of peach pie. She chewed it thoughtfully for a moment, then swallowed followed by a sip of milk to wash it down. The doctor was happy for her friend.

"So... Is he a good kisser, and such? I need details, missy," the blonde asked in a teasing  yet inquiring manner. This would be much better than reading any of the number of romance novels available in the ship's library.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2017, 10:49:16 PM »
John sat and ate his food, he looked over and noticed the CMO and the CSO sitting at a table not far from him. It made him smile to see them laughing and smiling. He hated being alone but he knew everyone was busy and to be honest he had not really taken the time to get to know his fellow officers. He wanted to but with all that had been going one he had been into his work. He also realized he had not dated in years and he hopped he would find someone at some point.

Lt[JG] John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2017, 09:34:56 AM »
"No, no there isn't I suppose," Kate answered, then took another bite of peach pie. She chewed it thoughtfully for a moment, then swallowed followed by a sip of milk to wash it down. The doctor was happy for her friend.

"So... Is he a good kisser, and such? I need details, missy," the blonde asked in a teasing  yet inquiring manner. This would be much better than reading any of the number of romance novels available in the ship's library.

Charlotte smiled and ate some more of her sandwich pausing occasionally to drink some more of her soda before Kate asked teasingly if John was a good kisser and such and that she needed details. She knew her friend would want to know and had no problem confiding in her about it. " Yes he is a good kisser and lets just say he knows what he's doing and I have no complaints " she replied grinning at her best friend.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
Charlotte smiled and ate some more of her sandwich pausing occasionally to drink some more of her soda before Kate asked teasingly if John was a good kisser and such and that she needed details. She knew her friend would want to know and had no problem confiding in her about it. " Yes he is a good kisser and lets just say he knows what he's doing and I have no complaints " she replied grinning at her best friend.

"Well then.... " Kate said with an equal grin gracing her lips as she raised her glass of milk as if toasting. "Here's to no complaints."

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:05 PM »
"Well then.... " Kate said with an equal grin gracing her lips as she raised her glass of milk as if toasting. "Here's to no complaints."

Charlotte couldn't help but grin as Kate spoke and raised her glass of milk before raising her own glass to join in with the toast. " Yes here's to no complaints " she replied clinking her glass gently against Kate's. Then thought popped into her head " Shame we couldn't toast this with wine " she said " Although I think some cake is good about now might as well make the most of it before we're back on duty".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 11:19:14 AM »
Charlotte couldn't help but grin as Kate spoke and raised her glass of milk before raising her own glass to join in with the toast. " Yes here's to no complaints " she replied clinking her glass gently against Kate's. Then thought popped into her head " Shame we couldn't toast this with wine " she said " Although I think some cake is good about now might as well make the most of it before we're back on duty".

Mess Hall

"Yes... We should do a trip to wine country sometime. Now that would be fun and tasty," Kate nodded before taking the last bite of the peach pie on the plate in front of her.

"I'm good with my sweet treat here... Actually though, I really should head back to my quarters and get a shower in before I'm on duty. I had quite the workout," she smiled, then tipped back the glass of milk and swallowed the last of it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 12:20:40 PM by Katelyn Carter »

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 12:36:29 PM »
Mess Hall

"Yes... We should do a trip to wine country sometime. Now that would be fun and tasty," Kate nodded before taking the last bite of the peach pie on the plate in front of her.

"I'm good with my sweet treat here... Actually though, I really should head back to my quarters and get a shower in before I'm on duty. I had quite the workout," she smiled, then tipped back the glass of milk and swallowed the last of it.

" That does sound good and it would definitely be fun and tasty" Charlotte replied as she finished her meal and the last of her drink. Grinning at her friend when she mentioned her workout and almost giggled thinking how different her own workout had been.

" Good plan I should do the same and get ready for my next duty shift" she said as the last thing she wanted was to be tardy even if she was now involved with the Captain and didn't want any special treatment.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »
" That does sound good and it would definitely be fun and tasty" Charlotte replied as she finished her meal and the last of her drink. Grinning at her friend when she mentioned her workout and almost giggled thinking how different her own workout had been.

" Good plan I should do the same and get ready for my next duty shift" she said as the last thing she wanted was to be tardy even if she was now involved with the Captain and didn't want any special treatment.

Mess Hall

Kate rose from the table on that note bringing the empty plate and glass with her. "I'll catch you later, Charlotte," she smiled at her friend, then dropped off the dirty tableware on the way out of the mess to the CMO's quarters before duty called.

Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2017, 10:43:57 AM »
TIME JUMP TWO HOURS LATER

All Crew are on the Bridge as the Horzion just warped into orbit[/I\]