Author Topic: New Horizon's - Earth Locations.  (Read 30248 times)

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Earth Locations.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
Samantha tilted her head to one side and arched her right eyebrow.  "Private security, really?  Then you would see even less of Steven you idiot.  It's not the answer, you could still have a career in the Fleet, but you'd need to make it clear to everyone that Steven is your primary concern."  She took a breath and thought for a moment.  "I'm sure between your parents and mine, they can look after him and hell even I can when I am off duty.  You just make sure that every off duty rotation, that you are with him."  It was that simple.

Lance had to think about what Brown had said after, it was as though Kristi was talking through her.  "Well I knew her too and I know if she could you would have one of her size sevens up your butt about now."  She looked down at her boots.  "I have size sixes if you'd like."  Her gaze came back to meet John's and a smile spread across her face.  "Come on back to San Francisco with me, you can stay at my place if yours is gone, just until you get back on your feet.  I have a spare room."

John looked at her smiled then snugged as she mentioned the fleet then he looked at the Picture for a moment.

"Yeah I come with you to the City and plus spending time with Steven would be good for both of us and help me heal to get back on my feet" Finished John with a smile

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 04:47:55 PM »
5 HOURS LATER

John had agreed to return to San Francisco with her, things had began to move fast and as such Brown had cleaned himself up and donned his red uniform.  Once again he looked like an officer and not a vagrant living on the streets.  After arriving at the city, they'd spent a couple of hours at Johns' parents and visited Steven. 

Starfleet HQ

One of the Chief Medical Officers at Starfleet Medical had an opening and had agreed to see John on short notice.  The fact was with so many positions to fill, it was within the Fleets interest to get people into those much needed positions.  John and Samantha walked across the length of the parade grounds, before entering the main HQ building as it was.  Like the rest of the fleet, Headquarters was also being rebuilt following an attack.  They stopped at the main entrance and Lance came to stand in front of her Brother in Law.  She put her hands on his arms and looked up into eyes.  "You can do this."  She said before lowering his altitude and wrapping her arms around.  "Go get em."  She said before stepping back.

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »
5 HOURS LATER

John had agreed to return to San Francisco with her, things had began to move fast and as such Brown had cleaned himself up and donned his red uniform.  Once again he looked like an officer and not a vagrant living on the streets.  After arriving at the city, they'd spent a couple of hours at Johns' parents and visited Steven. 

Starfleet HQ

One of the Chief Medical Officers at Starfleet Medical had an opening and had agreed to see John on short notice.  The fact was with so many positions to fill, it was within the Fleets interest to get people into those much needed positions.  John and Samantha walked across the length of the parade grounds, before entering the main HQ building as it was.  Like the rest of the fleet, Headquarters was also being rebuilt following an attack.  They stopped at the main entrance and Lance came to stand in front of her Brother in Law.  She put her hands on his arms and looked up into eyes.  "You can do this."  She said before lowering his altitude and wrapping her arms around.  "Go get em."  She said before stepping back.

John looked at her for a moment then he smiled at her as she took her hand then speaking to her.

"Yes I get them for Steven and mainly for Kristi" Finished John as he strightin his Command Red Tunic and walked into Headquarters as he walked he saw a few sets of Cadets who would salute him he stoped at the Office and took a seat outside he knew he at an appointment at 15:30

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline TJ McClane

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »
Lieutenant Commander TJ McClane strolled across the parade ground, which led to the current HQ building of Starfleet Command, where all the top brass resided.  The Commander walked with conviction and felt determination driving him.  He'd just returned from the Orelax Sector, as part of a Covert Intelligence Team.  According to sources ships had disappeared out there and no trace had ever been found, nor were any distress signals sent.  A general consensus was a Dominion splinter group were responsible, another favourite was The New Obsidian Order.

The mission had gone badly and their small vessel had been stricken by an unknown force, which totally immobilised the craft and scrambled any communications.  Through what he could describe as divine intervention, he and one other of his team were able to escape in a shuttlecraft.  That was just prior to the arrival of....something...it'd travelled through subspace and bore down on their ship.  Whatever had stopped the ship in space faded, but following the actions of the crew, the main ships engines were burnt out quickly and inoperable.

TJ had been back on Earth for just short of two weeks and had been making every effort to get a team together and go in search of his team who were still missing.  He entered SFHQ and marched across the marble floor and towards the office of Admiral Tom Gowland.  As he passed from one corridor to another, he spotted another redshirt sitting outside one of the temporary medical offices.  "Well well well, Johnny Brown as I live and breathe."  He said approaching the man and offering him his hand of friendship.  He'd known Brown from when Brown was in Alpha Six, under the command of John Anderson.

Lt Cmdr T.J McClane
Commanding Officer
A.T.D Team Nine

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 05:44:29 PM »
Lieutenant Commander TJ McClane strolled across the parade ground, which led to the current HQ building of Starfleet Command, where all the top brass resided.  The Commander walked with conviction and felt determination driving him.  He'd just returned from the Orelax Sector, as part of a Covert Intelligence Team.  According to sources ships had disappeared out there and no trace had ever been found, nor were any distress signals sent.  A general consensus was a Dominion splinter group were responsible, another favourite was The New Obsidian Order.

The mission had gone badly and their small vessel had been stricken by an unknown force, which totally immobilised the craft and scrambled any communications.  Through what he could describe as divine intervention, he and one other of his team were able to escape in a shuttlecraft.  That was just prior to the arrival of....something...it'd travelled through subspace and bore down on their ship.  Whatever had stopped the ship in space faded, but following the actions of the crew, the main ships engines were burnt out quickly and inoperable.

TJ had been back on Earth for just short of two weeks and had been making every effort to get a team together and go in search of his team who were still missing.  He entered SFHQ and marched across the marble floor and towards the office of Admiral Tom Gowland.  As he passed from one corridor to another, he spotted another redshirt sitting outside one of the temporary medical offices.  "Well well well, Johnny Brown as I live and breathe."  He said approaching the man and offering him his hand of friendship.  He'd known Brown from when Brown was in Alpha Six, under the command of John Anderson.

John stood up and returned the hand shake of TJ a man who he hasn't seen in a long time.

"Good to see you too TJ; been too long"Finished Brown

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline TJ McClane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
John returned took the proffered hand and the two men shook.  McClane gave his common half grin and nodded when Brown mentioned that it had been a while.  "Indeed it has, whats it been..."  He had to think for a moment.  "Three, no...four years, probably close to five actually?"  They hadn't seen each other since 71, when Brown left the Advanced Tactical Division to get married.  He remembered when it was announced, that he had ridiculed John about making a big mistake, but it was all in good humour.  McClane looked to one side and flinched slightly, he'd heard about Kristi and felt bad about cracking the 'mistake' jokes.  "I was so sorry to hear about Kristi, it must be tough to lose someone like that?"  The news had come through the A.T.D grapevine, once a person was in The Division, they were always considered as part of its family.

"But damn it is good to see you too, Brother."

Lt Cmdr T.J McClane
Commanding Officer
A.T.D Team Nine

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 06:47:45 PM »
John returned took the proffered hand and the two men shook.  McClane gave his common half grin and nodded when Brown mentioned that it had been a while.  "Indeed it has, whats it been..."  He had to think for a moment.  "Three, no...four years, probably close to five actually?"  They hadn't seen each other since 71, when Brown left the Advanced Tactical Division to get married.  He remembered when it was announced, that he had ridiculed John about making a big mistake, but it was all in good humour.  McClane looked to one side and flinched slightly, he'd heard about Kristi and felt bad about cracking the 'mistake' jokes.  "I was so sorry to hear about Kristi, it must be tough to lose someone like that?"  The news had come through the A.T.D grapevine, once a person was in The Division, they were always considered as part of its family.

"But damn it is good to see you too, Brother."

John grinned as TJ spoke then took a breath at the Mention of Kristi then taking a side look.

"Thanks, it has been hard I admit spend the last Five Months in traction Now I am back to Starfleet got to past those blasted Medical's then try to find an opening for me" Brown stated as he looked at him

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline TJ McClane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »
McClane grinned as his friend told him about getting back, after a five month break from the service.  His obstacle was getting past the medical officers, that in T.J's opinion was at times worse than passing A.T.D selection.  "Bunch of frakking know it all Doctors huh?  I know what you mean there."  He shook his head and added.  "Ya know I swear they were put in this universe to annoy us fighting men."  It was too late at that point, McClane remembered Kristi was a Doctor, he'd once again said something stupid.  Then it was always the way with tragedy, people couldn't help but come out with a bad comment in someway.  It certainly wasn't on purpose, not in T.J's case anyway, it was just what seemed to happen.

He was tempted to ask about his visit with the Doctor and what it was he had to pass.  He'd mentioned something about being out of traction for five months, which was roughly when the war ended.  Of course he knew about Brown's little boy, in all likelihood it was to look after him.  There were only two other possibilities he could think of, one was injury and he was at the end of his recuperation leave.  The other was not something he thought too possible, could John have gone to bits when Kristi died?  Possibly, but TJ doubted it was that, Brown had seen terrible sights in his ATD days and seen close friends butchered.  But none of those horrific events had phased him, he was always as efficient afterwards.  But then again McClane had never married and never been in a long term relationship with anyone, so therefore couldn't know what it was like to lose someone like John had.

"So got your eye on anything?, job wise?"

Lt Cmdr T.J McClane
Commanding Officer
A.T.D Team Nine

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 07:10:20 PM »
McClane grinned as his friend told him about getting back, after a five month break from the service.  His obstacle was getting past the medical officers, that in T.J's opinion was at times worse than passing A.T.D selection.  "Bunch of frakking know it all Doctors huh?  I know what you mean there."  He shook his head and added.  "Ya know I swear they were put in this universe to annoy us fighting men."  It was too late at that point, McClane remembered Kristi was a Doctor, he'd once again said something stupid.  Then it was always the way with tragedy, people couldn't help but come out with a bad comment in someway.  It certainly wasn't on purpose, not in T.J's case anyway, it was just what seemed to happen.

He was tempted to ask about his visit with the Doctor and what it was he had to pass.  He'd mentioned something about being out of traction for five months, which was roughly when the war ended.  Of course he knew about Brown's little boy, in all likelihood it was to look after him.  There were only two other possibilities he could think of, one was injury and he was at the end of his recuperation leave.  The other was not something he thought too possible, could John have gone to bits when Kristi died?  Possibly, but TJ doubted it was that, Brown had seen terrible sights in his ATD days and seen close friends butchered.  But none of those horrific events had phased him, he was always as efficient afterwards.  But then again McClane had never married and never been in a long term relationship with anyone, so therefore couldn't know what it was like to lose someone like John had.

"So got your eye on anything?, job wise?"

John thoughted for a moment and it dawned on him he did'nt even know what Postion he wanted.

"I used to be an XO but that was before I whent on Leave, Now honestly do'nt know what's available heard form the grapevine the Fleet desperate for Experenced Officer's hear there are Children in Command Posts" Finished John half grinning

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline TJ McClane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »
TJ nodded in silence as Brown talked about the fleet, it was as he said in a bad state.  "The war was costly, for is for damn sure, a lot of experience..just.."  He looked to one side and shook his head.  "Gone and as you say people have been pushed up quickly, a lot quicker than we were."

He looked back at his friend and pointed upwards.  "Though they are pushing ships out as quickly as possible, they'll need the best on them.  But then again with all this speed, it's going to invite trouble."  McClane held his head back and widened his eyes.  "I mean you and I both know from experience, that haste is the mother of all frak ups."  He was of course referring to their experiences in A.T.D, it was a fact that quickly put together plans and bad intel potentially led to mission disaster.  In the universe of Starships, haste would usually mean a malfunction and a ship out of service usually.  In their world, the ATD, it was someone dead or severely injured.  Though there were times when haste was key, but they preferred careful planning as routine.

TJ looked up at a ceiling mounted clock and saw the time.  "Damn I better get a move on, got to meet with Gowland."  He rolled his eyes at the name given.  "He's the Chief of ATD Operations now, God help us.  Anyhow."  He took John's hand with both of his and shook it once again.  "We should get a drink together, soon alright?  Best of luck, Brother."  He said before heading off down the corridor, to meet the bureaucrat.

Lt Cmdr T.J McClane
Commanding Officer
A.T.D Team Nine

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »
TJ nodded in silence as Brown talked about the fleet, it was as he said in a bad state.  "The war was costly, for is for damn sure, a lot of experience..just.."  He looked to one side and shook his head.  "Gone and as you say people have been pushed up quickly, a lot quicker than we were."

He looked back at his friend and pointed upwards.  "Though they are pushing ships out as quickly as possible, they'll need the best on them.  But then again with all this speed, it's going to invite trouble."  McClane held his head back and widened his eyes.  "I mean you and I both know from experience, that haste is the mother of all frak ups."  He was of course referring to their experiences in A.T.D, it was a fact that quickly put together plans and bad intel potentially led to mission disaster.  In the universe of Starships, haste would usually mean a malfunction and a ship out of service usually.  In their world, the ATD, it was someone dead or severely injured.  Though there were times when haste was key, but they preferred careful planning as routine.

TJ looked up at a ceiling mounted clock and saw the time.  "Damn I better get a move on, got to meet with Gowland."  He rolled his eyes at the name given.  "He's the Chief of ATD Operations now, God help us.  Anyhow."  He took John's hand with both of his and shook it once again.  "We should get a drink together, soon alright?  Best of luck, Brother."  He said before heading off down the corridor, to meet the bureaucrat.

John nodded as TJ walked off and there he was again alone waiting for the meeting with the Doctor he hoped that they would be kind but given his Mental state for the past Five Months it would raise questions how other horrors did'nt phase him but the death of his wife created an mental break.

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Rhyna Peitar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 07:00:32 AM »
Brooke walked out of the temporary examination room holding a PADD in one hand as she checked who was next to see the Doctor for their physical. She enjoyed working as his assistant whilst she was training and as she looked up from the PADD spotted a red shirted officer waiting outside. Smiling as she approached him she stopped and introduced herself.

" Commander Brown, I'm Lieutenant Edwards and if you'd like to follow me I'll take you in to see the Doctor ".

Lieutenant Rhyna Peitar
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 07:02:21 AM »
Brooke walked out of the temporary examination room holding a PADD in one hand as she checked who was next to see the Doctor for their physical. She enjoyed working as his assistant whilst she was training and as she looked up from the PADD spotted a red shirted officer waiting outside. Smiling as she approached him she stopped and introduced herself.

" Commander Brown, I'm Lieutenant Edwards and if you'd like to follow me I'll take you in to see the Doctor ".

John nodded stood up and followed the Doctor he was thinking of all he whent though and hoped he passed the Mental Portion.

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Rhyna Peitar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 07:04:45 AM »
John nodded stood up and followed the Doctor he was thinking of all he whent though and hoped he passed the Mental Portion.

Brooke gave him another reassuring smile before leading the way into the examination room and once they were inside spoke up to let the Doctor know that he was here. " Doctor I have Commander Brown here for his physical".

Lieutenant Rhyna Peitar
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Alistair Grant

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 11:06:47 AM »
Doctor Alistair Grant sat in his temporary and slightly ill-equipped office, it had the very basics that it needed.  But it lacked something of warmth and empathy, something he felt his profession needed.  Grant was in his late fifties and had a little over 32 years served as a member of Starfleet Medical and the Federation Medical Council. 

The Doctor was sat looking over the patient file for his next customer, Lieutenant Commander John Brown.  The man had lost his Wife towards the end of the war and seemingly gone into a well of self pity, denial and survivors guilt.  His previous Doctor, Roger Masters, had downgraded the Commanders capacity to serve and suggested therapy sessions.  To which Brown declined and reserved his commission as a result.

Doctor Edwards entered a moment later, with Brown closely following her.  Alistair in his native Scottish accent greeted the officer.  "John, come in, take a seat."  He said gestured to a chair at the opposite side of the desk.

Doctor Alistair Grant
Senior Medical Officer
Starfleet HQ/Medical