Author Topic: New Horizon's - Earth Locations.  (Read 30251 times)

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
New Horizon's - Earth Locations.
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:29:46 PM »

Mount Elbert, Colorado

This is where John Brown has been living for five months, following a disagreement with Starfleet Medical and his reserving of his commission.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 07:23:21 AM by William Hunter »

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Horizon's - Earth Locations.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »
John woke up his head hurt from the night before his drinking his half bottle of wiskey really did him in this time he looked around the small cabin.

"At least there is No Communcation Devices around here" Finished John as he climbed out of his cot and walked to the kitchen table there looking at him was the Bottle of Wiskey he wanted to drink that up but then John just wanted the pain to leave him..........

"If only I chosen better she would still be here" Finished Brown to himself as he walked opening the fridge once there he looked blanky at the half eaten pulled Pork and bits of Meat he brought his hand in and took out left over Steak Brown might have enjoyed the Bottle but he was'nt a complete drunk he placed the cold steak on the table and started eating he looked over at his Fishing Rod and tackle he knew that he needed to find food for the rest of the day.

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
Samantha walked along the trail leading to John and Kristi's cabin, she'd been there a couple of times with her late Sister, usually just for girl time and once on a nature lovers weekend to watch the inherent wildlife.  Those days were gone, lost forever with her Sister, thanks to those Dominion Demons who'd caused so much misery.

It was a warm day and the birds were singing, what little breeze there was felt wonderful against her face.  The old trail hadn't changed much since her last visit, flora overhung the edges and took away any sort of clear cut pathway.  A golden winged butterfly flew across in front of Lance, causing her give a wide smile to the small creature.  It fluttered off to one side and disappeared into the tree's somewhere. 

The place was wonderful, like something from the old times and not corrupted by the advancement of technologies.  She could totally see the appeal to being out there, it was a long way from civilisation and normality.  No doubt that was why her Brother in Law was there, trying to hide himself from what had happened.

Sam stopped short of the cabin and stood in silence for a moment, the last time she'd visited was also the last time she'd seen her Kristi.  A memory stirred of her being chased by John, into the small opening at the front of the cabin.  She was laughing and her long strawberry blonde hair was trailing behind her.  She was such an happy person and had everything to live for, particularly hers and John's little boy, Steven.  Steven being one of the main reason's she was there, the boy needed his Father and was constantly asking where he was and deducing that he was hiding in the mountain cabin.  He was a very perceptive child for 9 years old, very intelligent like his Mother was, as his Father could be at times.

Lance breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth, balling her hands into fists before walking towards the door and entering.  She was greeted with John's back, he was looking into the fridge and the place smelt like a dump site.  Brown turned towards her, though his attention seemed to fix on the fishing rod near the door.

"Well well, I love what you have done with the place."  She said taking a chair and snagging it under the door handle to keep it open and let clean air in.  She then turned back to John and put her hands on her hips, waiting for his response.

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:06:08 PM »
Samantha walked along the trail leading to John and Kristi's cabin, she'd been there a couple of times with her late Sister, usually just for girl time and once on a nature lovers weekend to watch the inherent wildlife.  Those days were gone, lost forever with her Sister, thanks to those Dominion Demons who'd caused so much misery.

It was a warm day and the birds were singing, what little breeze there was felt wonderful against her face.  The old trail hadn't changed much since her last visit, flora overhung the edges and took away any sort of clear cut pathway.  A golden winged butterfly flew across in front of Lance, causing her give a wide smile to the small creature.  It fluttered off to one side and disappeared into the tree's somewhere. 

The place was wonderful, like something from the old times and not corrupted by the advancement of technologies.  She could totally see the appeal to being out there, it was a long way from civilisation and normality.  No doubt that was why her Brother in Law was there, trying to hide himself from what had happened.

Sam stopped short of the cabin and stood in silence for a moment, the last time she'd visited was also the last time she'd seen her Kristi.  A memory stirred of her being chased by John, into the small opening at the front of the cabin.  She was laughing and her long strawberry blonde hair was trailing behind her.  She was such an happy person and had everything to live for, particularly hers and John's little boy, Steven.  Steven being one of the main reason's she was there, the boy needed his Father and was constantly asking where he was and deducing that he was hiding in the mountain cabin.  He was a very perceptive child for 9 years old, very intelligent like his Mother was, as his Father could be at times.

Lance breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth, balling her hands into fists before walking towards the door and entering.  She was greeted with John's back, he was looking into the fridge and the place smelt like a dump site.  Brown turned towards her, though his attention seemed to fix on the fishing rod near the door.

"Well well, I love what you have done with the place."  She said taking a chair and snagging it under the door handle to keep it open and let clean air in.  She then turned back to John and put her hands on her hips, waiting for his response.

John was startled out of his thoughts he looked and there she was Kristi's sister Samantha he looked at her for moments that seemed like days.

John tried to open his mouth and speak but his troat was dry she was the spitting image of Kristi it cause his to hesate as he looked at her and it brought back the memory of Kristi's death and it came flooding back.

"What you doing here Samantha thought you were out there exploring" Finished John solomley

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 08:00:22 PM »
Sam noticed the flinch in John, once he'd actually noticed her presence, clearly his senses were not at full capacity.  Her eyes moved towards the table and spotted the whiskey bottle, they then moved back towards John accusingly.  She narrowed her left eye, a sign of her being angered.  Apparently he'd thought she was still on her deep space assignment, which she would have been if it hadn't been for Steven.

"Well I would have been, if it hadn't been for Steven and a letter from your parents."  She fished the small padd she had from her pocket and held it up so he could see it.  "He's asking after you John, he's already lost his Mother, do not let him lose his Father as well."  She shook her head and noticed a photograph hanging on the wall, her heart sank,

Sam nodded towards the picture of Kristi, it had clearly been taken in the cabin and she looked so happy.  "She would not have wanted this."

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
Sam noticed the flinch in John, once he'd actually noticed her presence, clearly his senses were not at full capacity.  Her eyes moved towards the table and spotted the whiskey bottle, they then moved back towards John accusingly.  She narrowed her left eye, a sign of her being angered.  Apparently he'd thought she was still on her deep space assignment, which she would have been if it hadn't been for Steven.

"Well I would have been, if it hadn't been for Steven and a letter from your parents."  She fished the small padd she had from her pocket and held it up so he could see it.  "He's asking after you John, he's already lost his Mother, do not let him lose his Father as well."  She shook her head and noticed a photograph hanging on the wall, her heart sank,

Sam nodded towards the picture of Kristi, it had clearly been taken in the cabin and she looked so happy.  "She would not have wanted this."

John looked at her as she spoke the words his eyes whiced in pain as he sighed.

"Well How can I Kristi you know damm well why......There he stoped he called her Kristi he walked past her and slumped in the leather chair and looked at her Picture his eyes turned wet but he held back the tears.

"Sorry....Just you look so much like her" Finished John brokenly then looking at her he knew she was'nt going to leave

"If you knew what I done you too will be like your Father and say that I deserve to be in prison" John voice trailed off as his put his head into his hands

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
Sam's eyes widened when he called her Kristi, for a moment she wondered about his mental state, but then it was common for people to mistake her for her late Sister.  In fact it was annoying at times, people seldom mistook Kristi for Samantha.  Being that Kristi was the better looking, was probably why people mistook her.  John apologised for the mistake and carried on in his self loathing whirlwind of self pity.

The latter comment caused a confused frown though.  "Oh and what is it?  That is so bad you reckon my Dad thinks you belong in prison?  Come on do enlighten me John please."  Her arms folded across her chest and her expression was one of agitation.

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
Sam's eyes widened when he called her Kristi, for a moment she wondered about his mental state, but then it was common for people to mistake her for her late Sister.  In fact it was annoying at times, people seldom mistook Kristi for Samantha.  Being that Kristi was the better looking, was probably why people mistook her.  John apologised for the mistake and carried on in his self loathing whirlwind of self pity.

The latter comment caused a confused frown though.  "Oh and what is it?  That is so bad you reckon my Dad thinks you belong in prison?  Come on do enlighten me John please."  Her arms folded across her chest and her expression was one of agitation.

John leaned back in the Leather chair he looked at her for a moment His eyes where heavy in pain he looked at her he knew she would'nt give up until she knew.

"Your Father a Smart Man as you know he found out the truth then confronted me about it after the memorial you wern't in the Room so you did'nt see the fire in his Eyes" Finished John as he looked at Kristi in his mind he said Kristi give me strength.

"Kristi messaged me on Subspace and we talked, the Essex was due to head to Betazead and finaly Earth to transfer needed Medical supplys to prepare for the Final Push in Cardassian Space I had Leave available and she wanted me on the Essex" John stated as he looked at her Picture "She begged me to come but I would'nt we were on Stand By for the Final Push to Cardassia Prime I could'nt tell her that Most of the Fleet was being repostioned in preperation" Brown looked down on the ground "I knew that it was possabile that they were a few Cardassian Vessels moving closer to the Core worlds we were leaving out Lines open to make the Push Ross and Sisko were sure that if this Operation worked it would End the War" John looked at her "I knew she would have been attacked once the Cardassian's saw a lone Starfleet Ship they would be done for but I did'nt tell her I could have warned her got her Off the Essex but my wanting to follow Stupid Regulations I did'nt tell her" Finished Brown

John eyes were now welling he looked at her as tears started to flow down his face he took a breath then spoke.

"She was attacked, then we were the Closest Ship I swear I made sure the Ship flew apart then once we got there the Ship was falling apart I was 20 meters from Kristi when the EPS Grid started to overload in Sickbay, She Sealed the Deck and Activated a Quarantine to Stop me to get there to override my Commands to open the Hatch she Died cause I cared too much of a Operation then to take care of my Wife!" Brown stated looking at her "You Father learned what Happened and called me a Murderer, so you see this is what I deserve this is my penence for doing the most evil crime" John Finished

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 07:20:15 AM »
Samantha leaned back against the nearest wall, her arms were still folded as John replied.  Her eyes dropped to the floor at the mention of her Father and how he'd confronted Brown at the memorial.  She looked back at him, when he explained about a message from Kristi, she'd told him about a trip to Betazed with supplies.  Then there was a mention of leave, which was odd, that caused a confused scowl.  Apparently Kristi had begged him to go along, but he was on stand by for the final push of Cardassia.  He'd been unable to tell her about the push, no doubt due to the possibility of the enemy intercepting transmissions.  That was a known tactic in any war, right back to the twentieth century at least.  He knew it was possible that Dominion ships were in Federation space and closing on the core worlds, again it was a war.  He said he knew the Essex would be attacked, if an enemy ship saw them and that he could have warned her but didn't.

"John I think you're jumbling things up a little, we all acted as though there were enemy ships near us, it was the best way to keep alert in the field."  She shook her head with some disbelief, he was accusing himself of something he wanted to do but couldn't, but apparently believed it was possible.  "John nobody was allowed to take leave, I don't understand why you think you could have, we were at war weren't we?"  She reached up and brushed back a lose strand of her blonde hair.  "You couldn't have warned her, regulations and all that.  How many people do you think are out there now, who could have done something and didn't, which ended badly for them?"  She raised her eyebrows and stared at him for a moment.  "I can tell you, it is most likely a hell of a lot.  If you had contacted her and say the enemy had intercepted the message, well chances are the Essex would still have been attacked."  Sam gave a slight shrug and held her hands out and wondered if he understood.

John began to reference the actual attack and that his ship was the closest, if memory served he was the Exec on the USS Exeter.  They'd reached the attack site and managed to send aid to the USS Essex, when an EPS grid blew and from what she knew Kristi and John were separated.  Her Sister made the decision to seal off the deck and essentially saved lives at the cost of her own.  Sam had seen the official report too.  "No John you did what you had to, what she expected you to and she did what she had to do regardless of the dangers."  Brown once again talked about her Father and that he'd called John a murderer.  "Yes I heard him."  She said looking down at the wooden floor.  "But you've got to remember, we were all upset and emotions were running very high and you..."  Samantha swallowed and looked up again, her right eye was dampening and a tear escaped down her cheek.  "People just need to vent and let out their anger on someone, he does regret it being you though John."  She reached up and wiped away the tear.  "He blames the Dominion, not you, he loves you like a Son."

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 08:20:53 AM »
Samantha leaned back against the nearest wall, her arms were still folded as John replied.  Her eyes dropped to the floor at the mention of her Father and how he'd confronted Brown at the memorial.  She looked back at him, when he explained about a message from Kristi, she'd told him about a trip to Betazed with supplies.  Then there was a mention of leave, which was odd, that caused a confused scowl.  Apparently Kristi had begged him to go along, but he was on stand by for the final push of Cardassia.  He'd been unable to tell her about the push, no doubt due to the possibility of the enemy intercepting transmissions.  That was a known tactic in any war, right back to the twentieth century at least.  He knew it was possible that Dominion ships were in Federation space and closing on the core worlds, again it was a war.  He said he knew the Essex would be attacked, if an enemy ship saw them and that he could have warned her but didn't.

"John I think you're jumbling things up a little, we all acted as though there were enemy ships near us, it was the best way to keep alert in the field."  She shook her head with some disbelief, he was accusing himself of something he wanted to do but couldn't, but apparently believed it was possible.  "John nobody was allowed to take leave, I don't understand why you think you could have, we were at war weren't we?"  She reached up and brushed back a lose strand of her blonde hair.  "You couldn't have warned her, regulations and all that.  How many people do you think are out there now, who could have done something and didn't, which ended badly for them?"  She raised her eyebrows and stared at him for a moment.  "I can tell you, it is most likely a hell of a lot.  If you had contacted her and say the enemy had intercepted the message, well chances are the Essex would still have been attacked."  Sam gave a slight shrug and held her hands out and wondered if he understood.

John began to reference the actual attack and that his ship was the closest, if memory served he was the Exec on the USS Exeter.  They'd reached the attack site and managed to send aid to the USS Essex, when an EPS grid blew and from what she knew Kristi and John were separated.  Her Sister made the decision to seal off the deck and essentially saved lives at the cost of her own.  Sam had seen the official report too.  "No John you did what you had to, what she expected you to and she did what she had to do regardless of the dangers."  Brown once again talked about her Father and that he'd called John a murderer.  "Yes I heard him."  She said looking down at the wooden floor.  "But you've got to remember, we were all upset and emotions were running very high and you..."  Samantha swallowed and looked up again, her right eye was dampening and a tear escaped down her cheek.  "People just need to vent and let out their anger on someone, he does regret it being you though John."  She reached up and wiped away the tear.  "He blames the Dominion, not you, he loves you like a Son."

John looked at her with eyes heavy with sadness he looked back at the picture of Kristi for a moment looking at her he then looked down at the floor.

"But we could have traded I was at the Hatch with her......John clenched his fists then looked at her "We could have traded places but she wouldn't let me it she stopped me" Finished Brown then looking at her for taking a breath

"How could it not be my fault I could have suggested for her to come to me but I didn't the last time we spoke we argued over me not taking leave to be with her and I ended the Communcation and she died thinking I was angry with her she dos'nt know how I really felt" Finished Brown

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 09:41:40 AM »
Sam reached up and pinched the bridge of her nose, she took a deep breath before looking back at John.  He was clearly not seeing things properly.  "The EPS grid blew and you got separated John, according to the official reports there was no time for her to get out.  The only one with any chance of escaping, was you."

"If you'd tried to swap places, then in all likelihood Steven would now be an orphan.  She couldn't get out, that's why she did what she did."  Sam stamped towards the door, frustration was building up inside, John was being downright pig headed and wouldn't open his eyes.  She stopped in the doorway and observed the forest for a moment.  "Regret is one of the first things to hit us when someone we love dies."  She turned and faced Brown again, her face had a stone like expression.  "You have no idea what she felt?  You asshole John, she sacrificed herself to save you and for Steven to have a parent.  If that isn't love then I have no dammed idea what is."

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 09:54:41 AM »
Sam reached up and pinched the bridge of her nose, she took a deep breath before looking back at John.  He was clearly not seeing things properly.  "The EPS grid blew and you got separated John, according to the official reports there was no time for her to get out.  The only one with any chance of escaping, was you."

"If you'd tried to swap places, then in all likelihood Steven would now be an orphan.  She couldn't get out, that's why she did what she did."  Sam stamped towards the door, frustration was building up inside, John was being downright pig headed and wouldn't open his eyes.  She stopped in the doorway and observed the forest for a moment.  "Regret is one of the first things to hit us when someone we love dies."  She turned and faced Brown again, her face had a stone like expression.  "You have no idea what she felt?  You asshole John, she sacrificed herself to save you and for Steven to have a parent.  If that isn't love then I have no dammed idea what is."

John listened to her with every word it hit him like a slap he looked at the Picture as he mind started to clear he looked at Kristi's Picture he looked at it for what seem like moments.

"I....." John tried to say then he clamed up as his mind was flodded with memories of the rescue though to the memoral and down to the last Five months living in the Cabin he then looked down at his hand and looked at the Wedding ring still on his finger he saw it the small scraches in the medal a single tear when down his face.

"How could I been so Blind; I wasted Five Months of my life for selfish reasons how could I be a father to him or face him that I failed him for so long when he needed me the most" John stated looking at Samantha

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
Samantha rolled her eyes and looked away from John, though he was beginning to get the message about the time he'd wasted there.  But then it began again, crap about him failing Steven was the new trend.  Yes he had been selfish, hiding from his responsibilities to the boy. 

"You haven't failed him, otherwise he wouldn't be asking for his Daddy.  If you don't pick yourself up soon, then you will not only fail him, but you will let Kristi's death be in vain."

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Samantha rolled her eyes and looked away from John, though he was beginning to get the message about the time he'd wasted there.  But then it began again, crap about him failing Steven was the new trend.  Yes he had been selfish, hiding from his responsibilities to the boy. 

"You haven't failed him, otherwise he wouldn't be asking for his Daddy.  If you don't pick yourself up soon, then you will not only fail him, but you will let Kristi's death be in vain."
John nodded then looked at the Picture of Kristi then leaning forward in the Chair he looked around the Cabin and saw what happened to it.

"Well I do believe I still have an Apartment near Headquarters, I could always get into the Private Security field that way I am around for him" Finished John looking at her "I better clean up before I head back to Civilization" Brown finished as he stood up and looked at her.

"How can you get though when so many other's didn't it's like she was talking to me though you" John finally stated

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Samantha Lance

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2017, 04:10:43 PM »
Samantha tilted her head to one side and arched her right eyebrow.  "Private security, really?  Then you would see even less of Steven you idiot.  It's not the answer, you could still have a career in the Fleet, but you'd need to make it clear to everyone that Steven is your primary concern."  She took a breath and thought for a moment.  "I'm sure between your parents and mine, they can look after him and hell even I can when I am off duty.  You just make sure that every off duty rotation, that you are with him."  It was that simple.

Lance had to think about what Brown had said after, it was as though Kristi was talking through her.  "Well I knew her too and I know if she could you would have one of her size sevens up your butt about now."  She looked down at her boots.  "I have size sixes if you'd like."  Her gaze came back to meet John's and a smile spread across her face.  "Come on back to San Francisco with me, you can stay at my place if yours is gone, just until you get back on your feet.  I have a spare room."

Lt[JG] Samantha Lance
Science Officer
Starfleet Headquarters