Author Topic: Ship format  (Read 672 times)

Offline Charlotte Ingram

• View Profile
Re: Ship format
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 09:31:59 AM »
I think for now we leave things as they are and concentrate on making this mission a success and keep posting then go from there as like Rich said its going to take 3 days or more to put it back and that would only cause more disruption to the site. I know how long it took him and Mike to set things up in the first place and helped where I could.

Lieutenant Charlotte Ingram
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Bonnie Moors

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 09:45:38 AM »
I'm willing to carry on until the end of this mission. I'm not saying I have a problem with it, I'm saying newcomers will find it easier if we did it the old way because it's all in one thread.

Dr. Bonnie Moors
Civilian Doctor
USS Horizon
Click image to view bio.

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 09:51:42 AM »
I'm willing to carry on until the end of this mission. I'm not saying I have a problem with it, I'm saying newcomers will find it easier if we did it the old way because it's all in one thread.

Yeah; I just put it as a vote to see what the Fleet as a whole thinks

Captian John Brown
Commanding Officer
U.S.S Horizon

Offline Katelyn Carter

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »
I have found the switching from thread to thread (area to area) kinda hard as well and feel like the continuity of the over all reaching story gets lost a bit, though have been giving it my best try. I have to say I do prefer having the main thread like we used to for the group/ship/ongoing plot, then have 'other' areas to do sub-plots/personal arcs. Just my 2 cents. :)

This was my thoughts on the subject when we discussed it earlier, and I still am inclined to the same view.

Yeah, I like keeping us as professional as possible as for the Seasons i was talking with KnodwI last night on Skype; and  from that conversation the term "Season" dos'nt really fit we can have one large Story and we separate it into parts which in the  end would be like the season I am willing to do the mission length.

Now for the second part of it as of the Ship format now this is the part were i going to have some disagreements with people on. Now with the current format we are separated into sections for it to be more orgnized and it stops the confustion of Location tags that pepole conduct and honestly most do'nt so Mike came up with this idea and it works and the issue with the old format as you say pepole use "Holodeck" that way I have found made pepole not want to post in the mission while having the different sections they can post to there heart's content and still be part of the mission storyline.now the flaw with the old format is such let say as an example both you and Doctor Carter post in sickbay and it comes to be 5 pages worth of posts; and let say Josh and JB posts in the ready room another 5 pages of posts; now we have  KnodwI who comes on and now has to wade though 10 pages of posts and figure out what happened in the mission this can cause confustion; Yes I agree the new format can be confusing at times but as a mission whole it is less of an confusion; also if we were to go back to the old format it would take me many hours to reorgnize the boards; might take me an entire weekend and have the forum locked for me to do it; personally I do'nt want to do this but if pepole want to I would do it do'nt want to but I would.

Why not chapters instead seasons to be different.... We are writing a story, are we not? lol

Also, if the example provided of one or two groups of characters go on to write 5-10 pages worth of interpersonal communications between them in the main mission thread, then we have more problems than someone else having to read through it all to figure out how to post themselves... It means we have an activity problem.

I'm happy to comply with however the majority on the board prefers it, I just want one thing to keep me happy and here: Let's just finish a mission please. :)

Lieutenant Commander Dr. Katelyn Carter
Chief Medical Officer
USS Horizon