Author Topic: Back to the Grind-Command Deck  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
Back to the Grind-Command Deck
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:06 PM »
Six Weeks Later

After the Debreifing of the Events of the Last Mission Starfleet offered John a Promotion to Rear Admiral he turned it down saying his place was on the Bridge. Given the what happen the enter Fleet has been weakened. The Horzion was Ordered to the Gamma Quadrent as Starfleet wanted the Horzion out of the way of the Federation News Service, The Horzion is on a Five Month Patrol

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Gibson
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Back to the Grind-Command Deck
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 08:54:34 AM »
Josh was sitting in his quarters still recovering from the wound he received. He thought it was fully healed but some how it wasn't. "Maybe something that was accidentally missed." Josh said out loud to himself. He shrugged it off and was looking over their new mission. He didn't like this mission as it was called. "Patrol" he said again out loud. We basically saved the entire federation including the lives of enemies but we're stuck on patrol duty. Josh threw his PADD at the wall and it broke into several pieces.

Josh has been uneasy since he had to use methods of interrogation that was in his past. He didn't like the monster he had become and it is obviously still showing its effects on him. Josh didn't even pick up the pieces he simply went over to his bed and layed down and just looking up at the ceiling thinking to himself.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:38:02 PM »
Ready Room

Since the Mission to the Gamma was assigned John has spend most of it in his Ready Room he was reading a Classfied Report sent to him from Starfleet Intelligence reading the information he sighed

~Computer Display Tatical Simulation Delta-965~

~Computer: Acknowledged~

"Damm if we do" Finished John as he looked at the PADD to his right he picked it up reading the title "Vulcun Meditation techniques of Surpressing Emotion"

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »
Ready Room

Since the Mission to the Gamma was assigned John has spend most of it in his Ready Room he was reading a Classfied Report sent to him from Starfleet Intelligence reading the information he sighed

~Computer Display Tatical Simulation Delta-965~

~Computer: Acknowledged~

"Damm if we do" Finished John as he looked at the PADD to his right he picked it up reading the title "Vulcun Meditation techniques of Surpressing Emotion"

Josh got up out of bed and walked out of his quarters. He walked down the hallway and entered the turbolift. "Bridge." He announced. Moments later he arrived on the bridge. He relieved the bridge officer but called him back. "Lt. Crowley where's the reports for the torpedo room.?" The Lt. Stepped back towards the chair where Josh was. "Sir they said they would have their report to us within the next few minutes." Josh looked at the Lt. "So you failed to complete your assigned task while you're in temporary command. You're supposed to have all department reports before being relieved." The Lt. spoke up. "Sir you're nearly 25 minutes early all of the others turned theirs in." Josh raised his voice. "If you're unable to perform your duties then maybe it's time you find other duties, dismissed." Josh said harshly. Josh then sat down in the chair. He put his hand to his mouth then quickly slammed it down on the arm rest and sat there.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
Josh got up out of bed and walked out of his quarters. He walked down the hallway and entered the turbolift. "Bridge." He announced. Moments later he arrived on the bridge. He relieved the bridge officer but called him back. "Lt. Crowley where's the reports for the torpedo room.?" The Lt. Stepped back towards the chair where Josh was. "Sir they said they would have their report to us within the next few minutes." Josh looked at the Lt. "So you failed to complete your assigned task while you're in temporary command. You're supposed to have all department reports before being relieved." The Lt. spoke up. "Sir you're nearly 25 minutes early all of the others turned theirs in." Josh raised his voice. "If you're unable to perform your duties then maybe it's time you find other duties, dismissed." Josh said harshly. Josh then sat down in the chair. He put his hand to his mouth then quickly slammed it down on the arm rest and sat there.

John looked at his screen and pulled up the information he needed he pressed the Button

==^== Bridge, this is Captian Brown change course 153 by 024 Mark 3 Warp 8==^==

he sat back sighing he pulled up the Crew records looking at the Name he throwned then pressed the Button

==^== Lieutennent Ingram, Report to the Captian's Ready Room==^== Brown stated coldly and gruffly

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »
John looked at his screen and pulled up the information he needed he pressed the Button

==^== Bridge, this is Captian Brown change course 153 by 024 Mark 3 Warp 8==^==

he sat back sighing he pulled up the Crew records looking at the Name he throwned then pressed the Button

==^== Lieutennent Ingram, Report to the Captian's Ready Room==^== Brown stated coldly and gruffly

Josh heard the captain's order of the course change. "Aye captain." Josh said in acknowledgement. "Helm set course 153 by 024 mark 3 warp 8. Engage". Josh watched as the helm officer enter the coordinates. Josh tapped the button on the chair. "Alpha shift report to your duty stations at once. Shepard out."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 05:04:39 AM »
Ready Room

Once out of the lift Charlotte quickly made her way across the Bridge acknowledging Commander Shepard as she passed the command area and after taking a deep breath pressed the door chime and waited to be called in.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 11:17:31 AM »
Ready Room

Once out of the lift Charlotte quickly made her way across the Bridge acknowledging Commander Shepard as she passed the command area and after taking a deep breath pressed the door chime and waited to be called in.

John looked up seeing the door taking a breath

“Enter” John called out gruffly

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

John Harriman

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 11:51:17 AM »
Josh heard the captain's order of the course change. "Aye captain." Josh said in acknowledgement. "Helm set course 153 by 024 mark 3 warp 8. Engage". Josh watched as the helm officer enter the coordinates. Josh tapped the button on the chair. "Alpha shift report to your duty stations at once. Shepard out."

John heard the XO and made his way to the Bridge.

John entered the Bridge and took his station, he as he did everytime ran a full tactical check. While the check was being performed he pulled up the tactical data on the coordinates that they were headed to so that he was prepared for what lay ahead.

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:10:16 PM »
John looked up seeing the door taking a breath

“Enter” John called out gruffly

[Ready Room]

Taking another deep breath, Charlotte waited for the door to slide back at the Captains call to enter and she went inside, stopping at a respectful distance in front of John's desk. Trying to remain professional when all she wanted to do was to go to him as he looked different somehow but didn't dare not when she didn't know how he was going to be with her.

" You wanted to see me Captain?" she asked her voice as calm as usual although on the inside her heart was hammering against her chest.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »

(Engineering)

KnodwI noticed the engine output jump to warp 8.   This kind of ticked off the Engineer..

=^= Engineering to Bridge, you could have given me a little bit of a heads up......   =^=

He went back to his business of keeping his engines together...

Commander KnodwI Shepard
Chief Engineer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »
[Ready Room]

Taking another deep breath, Charlotte waited for the door to slide back at the Captains call to enter and she went inside, stopping at a respectful distance in front of John's desk. Trying to remain professional when all she wanted to do was to go to him as he looked different somehow but didn't dare not when she didn't know how he was going to be with her.

" You wanted to see me Captain?" she asked her voice as calm as usual although on the inside her heart was hammering against her chest.

John looked at her from the light was was at his desk the rest of the room was in Darkness his face was blank and stoic. What Emotions that he would have felt have been locked away using the skills he learned from his research.

"Yes Lieutenant!" Finished Brown picking up a PADD and sliding it across the table "After reviewing with Starfleet Command it has been determent that the Science Department of the Horzion is not needed at it's current level and the resources of that Department will be reallocated across the Ship" Finished John coldly "As Such You Are No Longer Cheif Science Officer and No Longer a Department Head you have Three Choices, One you Accept a Postion on the Research Station Alpha-Seven with a Promotion to Full Commander, Two you Resign From Starfleet and Leave this Ship or Three Accept a Demotion to Lieutennent J.G and you be transfered to the Medical Department once there you will not have Bridge Duties as such your Bridge Access will be revoked" John Finished Looking at her coldly

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 03:01:20 AM »
John looked at her from the light was was at his desk the rest of the room was in Darkness his face was blank and stoic. What Emotions that he would have felt have been locked away using the skills he learned from his research.

"Yes Lieutenant!" Finished Brown picking up a PADD and sliding it across the table "After reviewing with Starfleet Command it has been determent that the Science Department of the Horzion is not needed at it's current level and the resources of that Department will be reallocated across the Ship" Finished John coldly "As Such You Are No Longer Cheif Science Officer and No Longer a Department Head you have Three Choices, One you Accept a Postion on the Research Station Alpha-Seven with a Promotion to Full Commander, Two you Resign From Starfleet and Leave this Ship or Three Accept a Demotion to Lieutennent J.G and you be transfered to the Medical Department once there you will not have Bridge Duties as such your Bridge Access will be revoked" John Finished Looking at her coldly

[Ready Room]

The coldness and lack of emotion from John cut through Charlotte's heart like a knife even more so when he spoke to her and slid the PADD across before explaining that basically she was no longer needed and gave her three options. To hear that her department was to be effectively shut down and her staff and its resources redistributed was a lot to take in especially when she loved her job and being a Department Head.

She wondered why he hadn't fought for it and for her to keep her rank and position and as for the options she needed time to think them over but realised that wasn't going to be an option.

" Captain with all due respect this is a lot to take in as to hear that my department and myself are no longer useful is a bit of a shock " she replied then became more personal. " John what's happened to you?, this isn't the John that I love, he wouldn't of agreed to this without a fight ".

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »
[Ready Room]

The coldness and lack of emotion from John cut through Charlotte's heart like a knife even more so when he spoke to her and slid the PADD across before explaining that basically she was no longer needed and gave her three options. To hear that her department was to be effectively shut down and her staff and its resources redistributed was a lot to take in especially when she loved her job and being a Department Head.

She wondered why he hadn't fought for it and for her to keep her rank and position and as for the options she needed time to think them over but realised that wasn't going to be an option.

" Captain with all due respect this is a lot to take in as to hear that my department and myself are no longer useful is a bit of a shock " she replied then became more personal. " John what's happened to you?, this isn't the John that I love, he wouldn't of agreed to this without a fight ".

John eyed her for a moment taking his hands clasping them and putting them on the desk.

"Lieutennent, if you ca'nt matain professionalism then I have doubts Starfleet is the right fit for you, So Make a Choice or I will make one for you" Finished Brown coldly 

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
John eyed her for a moment taking his hands clasping them and putting them on the desk.

"Lieutennent, if you ca'nt matain professionalism then I have doubts Starfleet is the right fit for you, So Make a Choice or I will make one for you" Finished Brown coldly

[Ready Room]

Charlotte was beginning to think that there was something wrong with John especially with him acting so out of character and almost like some kind of emotionless Vulcan and was desperately trying to hold it together. She looked at him as though she no longer knew him and there was no way that she could make a decision.

" Of course I can maintain professionalism Captain and my record begs to differ with your assessment" she replied. " I was merely trying to talk to the man and not the stranger in front of me and as for making a choice, I can't not when the man I love is clearly pushing me away instead of letting me talk to and help him and doesn't want me around so Captain you make the choice but know that I love you and always will".

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson