Author Topic: New Applicants FAQ  (Read 215 times)

Offline 8th Fleet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Applicants FAQ
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:03:56 PM »
New Applicants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Welcome to the new applicants frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not listed here, please do not hesitate to contact one of the Site Administrators.

Joining Enquiries

Q. How do I file an application to join the fleet?
You can file an application in the "8th Fleet Applications" board. Simply click on "New Topic" and complete your application using the guidance notes for help.

Q. What is the current game year?
The current year is 2375. 5-6 months after the end of the Dominion War.

Q. How does my character's date of birth have to be presented?
You can either choose to present it in stardate format (123456.1) or in standard date format. Most people tend to write it as a standard date but you can calculate the stardate by clicking here.

Q. Can I use an image of a main character from a Star Trek series?
For reasons of fairness and realism, we do not allow players to use images of main characters from the Star Trek series. You can, however, find lots of great images to use at STAvatars.com or elsewhere on the internet.

Q. Can I role-play as a species I have created?
No. Only canon Star Trek species are allowed.

Q. How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You should receive a response to your initial application form within 24 hours. Provided there is nothing you need to amend, you should be posting on one of our SIMMs shortly after that.

Q. I named my account incorrectly. How can I get it changed?
Your account will be automatically renamed to the name you supply in your character application.

Ranks & Promotions

Q. What rank will I start at?
All new players will start at the rank of Ensign

Q. How fast is promotion?
Please see: HELP: How to Get Promoted & Promotion Criteria.

Forum Functionality

Q. How do I create an account on 8th Fleet?
You can create an account by heading along to our "Register" page and following the instructions on the page.

Q. How can I create a topic?
You can create a new topic in most boards by clicking on the "New Topic" button at the top-right of the page.

Q. How can I edit my post?
You can edit your own posts by clicking on the "Modify" button at the top of each post.

Q. How do I send a new message to someone using the private message feature?
You can send a new PM to someone by heading to the person's profile and clicking on "Send member a private message." Alternatively, you may hover over "My Messages" and click on "Send a message". Then simply enter the name of the recipient in the appropriate box.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:55:10 PM by William Hunter »