Author Topic: Shannon Myers - Reporting in 6/12/18  (Read 253 times)

Offline Shannon Myers

• View Profile
Shannon Myers - Reporting in 6/12/18
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:20:10 AM »
Character Details

Character Name: Shannon Myers
Character Age: 22
Character DOB: March 8th, 2353
Character Image: tba
Character Species: Human
Character Family: tba
Character Bio:

Shannon was born on earth, third of five children. She led a normal life, if a little isolated on the low-tech farm she shared with her large family. She dreamed of something bigger, and studied very hard for a very long time. She attained a doctorate in physics before applying to starfleet, but her ideals turned and she decided she wanted to become a security officer instead of a scientist-- after so many years in school, it wasn't something she wanted a career out of anymore.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: None
Department Preference: Security
Secondary Department Preference: --
Sample Post:

[Main Engineering - 0200]

Shannon stood near the warp core pondering the meaning of life. Her plan to enter the elite science community in Starfleet but her plans went awry when she was involved in a horrible accident that involved Andorian Ale, a runabout and the planet Betazed. She found herself exiled on the USS Horizon in the security department. She was supposed to be on the bridge for night watch but it was calm so she decided to roam engineering instead. She always found the warp core to be intriguing but on this night she was lost in the majesty of it all. She heard her communicator chirp.

=/\= Bridge to Myers, aren't you supposed to be up here right now?" =/\=

The communique startled her as she fumbled for her communicator and touched it. =/\="Uhhh on my way sir. I was.... You know.... and then...."=/\= She struggled to find a lie that would make sense before she settled on a solution to her problem. =/\="I'm sorry, I thought I saw a Romulan soldier near the warp core. It was a false alarm. I'm on my way."=/\= She added as she exited the engine room.

[Bridge]

Shannon entered the bridge. Unfortunately with the turbolifts its was hard to slip in unnoticed. As she stepped up to her console she avoided Lieutenant Salmon the best she could but he stepped up in front of her. "Care to explain Myers?" He said with a stern cold expression as he towered over her. Shannon tried to keep her composure but every milometer of her brain screamed cry. A tear welled up in the corner of her eye as she fought it off. "I'm waiting Ensign." Salmon added as he took another step closer to her. "I.... I.... I don't know sir. I'm.... I'm incredibly sorry. I won't let it happen again." She said whispering as her voice shook with trepidation.

Additional information:

How did you find 8th Fleet:

google

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
Re: Shannon Myers - Reporting in 6/12/18
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:48:32 AM »
Welcome to the fleet Shannon one of the admins will be in touch shortly regarding your application :)

Lieutenant Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Executive Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 12:00:26 PM »
Welcome to the site. I'm commander Shepard. XO of the USS Horizon. Would you also mind taking on a role of field medic. We currently don't have a CMO so we need someone that can help treat characters.

Commander Joshua Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Shannon Myers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 01:00:30 AM »
Welcome to the site. I'm commander Shepard. XO of the USS Horizon. Would you also mind taking on a role of field medic. We currently don't have a CMO so we need someone that can help treat characters.

Well, I guess I could do medical. The character is written with a doctorate in physics so I'll have to rework the bio... But whatever.

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Executive Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »
Not really. You could simply include that while at the academy while going for the security training you also took advanced training in emergency triage. Paris did it on Voyager and he was a pilot. Again this is voluntary not required. But your bio is approved.

Commander Joshua Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Shannon Myers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 01:10:55 AM »
Ok, i'll do medical. Where's the mission?

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 05:47:23 PM »

Lieutenant Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon