Author Topic: Hidden Dangers (Open to all)  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
Hidden Dangers (Open to all)
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:42:37 PM »
[Starlighter]

The Danuble Class Runabout was on a direct route back to the USS Horizon and bringing a small team home after they had attended a conference on Epsilon VIII. Everything was running to schedule and the team had encountered no issues on what would be a seven hour journey.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 02:27:25 AM by Game Master 1 »

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Dangers (Open to all)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »
[Starlighter]

The Danuble Class Runabout was on a direct route back to the USS Horizon and bringing a small team home after they had attended a conference on Epsilon VIII. Everything was running to schedule and the team had encountered issues on what would be a seven hour journey.

[Cockpit]

John sat in the pilot's seat of the U.S.S. Starlighter he had attended a seminar taught by Commander Tuvok via pre-recorded video, on 'Adapting Security Protocols when Stranded in an Unknown Quadrant.' The commander was an expert because of all the time Voyager had spend alone in the Delta Quadrant. John sat back in his chair and read some of the tactics the commander had given out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 11:33:47 AM by John Harriman »

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:36:03 AM »
[USS Starlighter]

Charlotte was sat at the table in the lounge area, reading over some of the literature that she had obtained during the conference on Epsilon VII. It had been nice to spend some time reconnecting with her colleagues, scholars and other important people as well as learning about the latest scientific discoveries, however was now looking forward to getting back to the ship and hopefully put what she had learnt into practice.

Putting the PADD down for a moment as she took a sip of her fruit smoothie, she sat back and took a second to not only reflect on her time on the planet but also her recent marriage to John and smiled as her wedding ring reflected in her glass.

Feeling more happy and content than she had in a long time in both her personal and professional life and looked forward to the future.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
[USS Starlighter]

Charlotte was sat at the table in the lounge area, reading over some of the literature that she had obtained during the conference on Epsilon VII. It had been nice to spend some time reconnecting with her colleagues, scholars and other important people as well as learning about the latest scientific discoveries, however was now looking forward to getting back to the ship and hopefully put what she had learnt into practice.

Putting the PADD down for a moment as she took a sip of her fruit smoothie, she sat back and took a second to not only reflect on her time on the planet but also her recent marriage to John and smiled as her wedding ring reflected in her glass.

Feeling more happy and content than she had in a long time in both her personal and professional life and looked forward to the future.

[Cockpit]

John got up from the pilot's seat and walked back to the lounge area to chat.

[Lounge Area]

John walked in and saw Lieutenant Brown reading and walked to a chair.

"Hello Lieutenant may I join you?" he asked

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 11:20:17 AM »
[Lounge Area]

John walked in and saw Lieutenant Brown reading and walked to a chair.

"Hello Lieutenant may I join you?" he asked

[Lounge]

Charlotte looked over and smiled as Commander Harriman approached and asked if he could join her. " Of course you can plus it means I can take a break from reading" she replied gesturing towards the PADD on the table.

" I was just about to get a refill and something to eat if you would like something" she said taking hold of her glass and would wait for John to reply before getting up.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »
[Lounge]

Charlotte looked over and smiled as Commander Harriman approached and asked if he could join her. " Of course you can plus it means I can take a break from reading" she replied gesturing towards the PADD on the table.

" I was just about to get a refill and something to eat if you would like something" she said taking hold of her glass and would wait for John to reply before getting up.

[Lounge]

John smiled at what Charlotte said and took a seat. She offered to grab him a drink since she was getting one so he looked at her and replied. "Earl Grey Tea Hot will do just fine Charlotte." he said

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 02:16:33 PM »
[Lounge]

John smiled at what Charlotte said and took a seat. She offered to grab him a drink since she was getting one so he looked at her and replied. "Earl Grey Tea Hot will do just fine Charlotte." he said

Charlotte smiled as he replied and asked for an Early Grey Tea Hot and answered him as she got to her feet. " Sure I'll get you that " she said walking over to the replicator and grabbed a tray from next to it in order to carry everything. She got the requested tea along with a pot of Yorkshire tea for herself and milk as well as a BLT sandwich and a piece of her favourite chocolate cake.

She placed them all on the tray and carried it over to the table and set it down before retaking her seat. " I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to getting back to the ship although it was nice to take part in the conference " she said as she took her items off the tray and poured herself a cup of tea.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »
Charlotte smiled as he replied and asked for an Early Grey Tea Hot and answered him as she got to her feet. " Sure I'll get you that " she said walking over to the replicator and grabbed a tray from next to it in order to carry everything. She got the requested tea along with a pot of Yorkshire tea for herself and milk as well as a BLT sandwich and a piece of her favourite chocolate cake.

She placed them all on the tray and carried it over to the table and set it down before retaking her seat. " I don't know about you but I'm looking forward to getting back to the ship although it was nice to take part in the conference " she said as she took her items off the tray and poured herself a cup of tea.

John took a sip of his tea and nodded, "So am I, as much as I enjoy the break there is nothing like your own bed and normal surroundings." he said taking another drink.

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 04:04:42 AM »
John took a sip of his tea and nodded, "So am I, as much as I enjoy the break there is nothing like your own bed and normal surroundings." he said taking another drink.

Charlotte listened as John spoke whilst alternating between her sandwich and tea, knowing it wasn't the same as the fresh food that she had gotten to experience on the planet but it was familiar and tasted like it should. She also agreed with the Commander about the feeling of being in your own bed and surroundings.

" Definitely I agree and I wonder what our next mission will be " she replied.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Charlotte listened as John spoke whilst alternating between her sandwich and tea, knowing it wasn't the same as the fresh food that she had gotten to experience on the planet but it was familiar and tasted like it should. She also agreed with the Commander about the feeling of being in your own bed and surroundings.

" Definitely I agree and I wonder what our next mission will be " she replied.

John sat back and took a drink of his tea and nodded his head. "With the Horizon you never know what we will get into." Watching Charlotte eat made John hungry do he got up from his chair and made his way over and got some chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese as well as some southern style sweet tea and returned to his seat.

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 02:33:17 PM »
John sat back and took a drink of his tea and nodded his head. "With the Horizon you never know what we will get into." Watching Charlotte eat made John hungry do he got up from his chair and made his way over and got some chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese as well as some southern style sweet tea and returned to his seat.

" No doubt we'll soon find out when we return " she speculated as John got up and went to the replicator, when he returned with food and another drink, she smiled and returned her focus to her own meal. Finishing the sandwich, she poured some more tea and enjoyed having a few moments to enjoy before turning her attention to the cake.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 10:34:16 PM »
" No doubt we'll soon find out when we return " she speculated as John got up and went to the replicator, when he returned with food and another drink, she smiled and returned her focus to her own meal. Finishing the sandwich, she poured some more tea and enjoyed having a few moments to enjoy before turning her attention to the cake.

"That is for sure." he said as he began to eat. He looked up and smiled." So how is the married life treating you?" he asked remembering the day he walked her to the wedding and up the isle and what a great day it was.

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 06:23:24 AM »
"That is for sure." he said as he began to eat. He looked up and smiled." So how is the married life treating you?" he asked remembering the day he walked her to the wedding and up the isle and what a great day it was.

The cake was delicious and Charlotte took a few bites as she listened to John and when he asked how married life was treating her, she smiled before answering. " It's treating me well and I'm definitely a lucky woman " she replied thinking of her beloved John. Their wedding may of happened quickly but she couldn't of asked for a more perfect and memorable day and looked forward to seeing her husband when they got back to the ship.

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 01:52:29 PM »
The cake was delicious and Charlotte took a few bites as she listened to John and when he asked how married life was treating her, she smiled before answering. " It's treating me well and I'm definitely a lucky woman " she replied thinking of her beloved John. Their wedding may of happened quickly but she couldn't of asked for a more perfect and memorable day and looked forward to seeing her husband when they got back to the ship.

"I am really glad to hear that." he said as he took a bite and then looked back up at Charlotte. "So did you have a favorite speaker from the conference?" he asked.

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 06:28:49 AM »
"I am really glad to hear that." he said as he took a bite and then looked back up at Charlotte. "So did you have a favorite speaker from the conference?" he asked.

When asked if she had a favourite speaker from the conference, Charlotte thought about his question as she finished another bite of cake and refilled her tea cup. " In all honesty there was quite of lot of speakers that I enjoyed listening to, however Luria Eckles a stellar cartographer from the Antilles research colony was the one that stood out for me " she replied.

"How about you?, did you have a favourite speaker?".

Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson