Author Topic: Hidden Dangers (Open to all)  (Read 1642 times)

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Dangers (Open to all)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
When asked if she had a favourite speaker from the conference, Charlotte thought about his question as she finished another bite of cake and refilled her tea cup. " In all honesty there was quite of lot of speakers that I enjoyed listening to, however Luria Eckles a stellar cartographer from the Antilles research colony was the one that stood out for me " she replied.

"How about you?, did you have a favourite speaker?".

"I really enjoyed Commander Tuvok's pre-recorded video, on 'Adapting Security Protocols when Stranded in an Unknown Quadrant.', many would suggest that you maintain standard protocol but that is not possible when we do not have JAG nearby. So you must rewrite the rules." he said.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 03:39:38 AM »
"I really enjoyed Commander Tuvok's pre-recorded video, on 'Adapting Security Protocols when Stranded in an Unknown Quadrant.', many would suggest that you maintain standard protocol but that is not possible when we do not have JAG nearby. So you must rewrite the rules." he said.

Charlotte listened with interest as John spoke about his favourite speaker Tuvok and smiled at what was said. "It sounds fascinating John and I agree with having to rewrite the rules for where we are ".

The Captain's wife then finished the last of her cake and sat back a little taking a moment to relax as she continued to enjoy the conversation.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
Charlotte listened with interest as John spoke about his favourite speaker Tuvok and smiled at what was said. "It sounds fascinating John and I agree with having to rewrite the rules for where we are ".

The Captain's wife then finished the last of her cake and sat back a little taking a moment to relax as she continued to enjoy the conversation.

"The rules were written for the ideal situations and being stranded far from home is not ideal." he said as he finished his food and stood up to stretch his legs. 

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »
"The rules were written for the ideal situations and being stranded far from home is not ideal." he said as he finished his food and stood up to stretch his legs.

" I agree and its not that's why we make the most of what we do have out here " Charlotte replied thinking of their assignment and being cut off from pretty much everything and everyone. She watched as John finished and stood up although had no intention to do the same just yet although knew she would have to move soon.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
" I agree and its not that's why we make the most of what we do have out here " Charlotte replied thinking of their assignment and being cut off from pretty much everything and everyone. She watched as John finished and stood up although had no intention to do the same just yet although knew she would have to move soon.

"I remember in Law school many of the laws of years past when really put into practice on made life harder on the enforcer rather then the one that the laws were for. The same goes for us we have hundreds of guidelines and thankfully they have been tested and tried but that is only in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants." he said as he took his dishes to the replicator so they could be recycled.

He then waled back over and sat down again. "But that is the beauty of being explorers we get to test all the new stuff." he said with a chuckle.   

U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 11:13:04 AM »
"I remember in Law school many of the laws of years past when really put into practice on made life harder on the enforcer rather then the one that the laws were for. The same goes for us we have hundreds of guidelines and thankfully they have been tested and tried but that is only in the Alpha and Beta Quadrants." he said as he took his dishes to the replicator so they could be recycled.

He then waled back over and sat down again. "But that is the beauty of being explorers we get to test all the new stuff." he said with a chuckle.

Again Charlotte listened as Harriman spoke and understood exactly what he meant especially the sentiment behind it as she wasn't too familiar with law. Picking up her own dishes, she too walked over and recycled them in the replicator before turning her attention back to John.

" We certainly do John " she replied walking back to the table where she retook her seat.

" How long have we got before we rendezvous with the Horizon?".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon