Author Topic: U.S.S Horzion-Into Darkness  (Read 4262 times)

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
U.S.S Horzion-Into Darkness
« on: July 28, 2018, 12:21:51 PM »
Captian's Log,
The Horzion is empty and I wonder why?; most of the Crew have been reassigned and our First Officer is on assignment.But this mission of Starfleet testing experimental technology has me concerned

John exits the Ready Room for the Bridge and looks around taking a breath.

"Are we Ready for the tests?" asked John

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
Re: U.S.S Horzion-Into Darkness
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »
[Bridge]

Charlotte looked up from her console when she heard the soft swoosh of the ready room doors and smiled as her husband walked out. However at his question regarding their readiness for the upcoming tests, she knew that there would be none of their familiarity and joviality understanding how serious this was especially with most the crew being reassigned.

" Science is ready Captain, all upgrades have been added and everything shows green" she replied as her console flashed in confirmation.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
KnodwI was in Engineering working on his engines making fine adjustments.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
Commander Shepard was on board a galaxy class star ship returning from training cadets at starfleet acedemy on earth about first contact procedures. He was in the captain's ready room and they was making small talk. Josh was thinking about his former command on the Atlantis that was scrapped due to contamination and cost him his big chair. Even though it saved lives when a captain loses a ship it's always grounds for a investigation and the outcome was something he was expecting but he wished it had gone the other way. Captain Sara Burton was about to start talking about the incident when she received a call from the bridge. =^="Captain we're about to drop out of warp and enter the system where the Horizon is." Captain Burton announced. "Thank you commander."=^= The captain closed the channel and looked over at Josh. "Well looks like you're almost home. You can always stay if you want. "Captain I'm homered but you already have a good first officer and with you set to retire next year I'm sure he would make a good captain. The Horizon is my home and I've been gone way too long."

Captain Burton smiled and stood up. "Well then commander let's get you home." Josh stood up as well and they walked out onto the bridge. The captain sat in the captain's chair with her first officer on the right and Josh on the left. "Open a channel." The channel opened with the sound of familiar tones. "USS Horizon this is Captain Sara Burton of the star ship Victory. We found one of your kids wandering around in our yard and was wondering if you keep an eye on him." She finished and looked at Josh and smiled. Josh smiled back and laughed. They waited for a response.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 10:31:32 PM »
Captian's Log,
The Horzion is empty and I wonder why?; most of the Crew have been reassigned and our First Officer is on assignment.But this mission of Starfleet testing experimental technology has me concerned

John exits the Ready Room for the Bridge and looks around taking a breath.

"Are we Ready for the tests?" asked John

[Bridge]

John was sitting in the center chair when the captain entered the Bridge. John had been in command while the new core was being installed and everything was looking good. "Captain the new core as been installed and the old core is safely packed away in the main Cargo Bay, should  we need it." he said as he got up and headed to his main station.

As he made it to his station the Horizon was hailed by the Victory.

Commander Shepard was on board a galaxy class star ship returning from training cadets at starfleet acedemy on earth about first contact procedures. He was in the captain's ready room and they was making small talk. Josh was thinking about his former command on the Atlantis that was scrapped due to contamination and cost him his big chair. Even though it saved lives when a captain loses a ship it's always grounds for a investigation and the outcome was something he was expecting but he wished it had gone the other way. Captain Sara Burton was about to start talking about the incident when she received a call from the bridge. =^="Captain we're about to drop out of warp and enter the system where the Horizon is." Captain Burton announced. "Thank you commander."=^= The captain closed the channel and looked over at Josh. "Well looks like you're almost home. You can always stay if you want. "Captain I'm homered but you already have a good first officer and with you set to retire next year I'm sure he would make a good captain. The Horizon is my home and I've been gone way too long."

Captain Burton smiled and stood up. "Well then commander let's get you home." Josh stood up as well and they walked out onto the bridge. The captain sat in the captain's chair with her first officer on the right and Josh on the left. "Open a channel." The channel opened with the sound of familiar tones. "USS Horizon this is Captain Sara Burton of the star ship Victory. We found one of your kids wandering around in our yard and was wondering if you keep an eye on him." She finished and looked at Josh and smiled. Josh smiled back and laughed. They waited for a response.

John looked to the captain.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 11:34:47 PM »

John smiled as he heard the communcation he walked over to his chair and pressed the button.

==^== Victory, this is the Horzion seems our children like escaping care to send our child back==^==

John then walked forward he sighed he knew the First Officer is not going to like what will be happening.

=^== Bridge to Engineering, in your expert opinion do you think in an Emerency we be able to disconnect the Borg Transwarp Core==^== 

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 12:41:33 AM »
==Bridge of the Victory==

Josh stood up and looked at the captain. "Permission to disembark ma'am." Captain Burton stood up and extended her hand. Josh immediately shook her hand. "Granted Commander. Be safe out there." Josh nodded his head. "You too Captain." Josh then walked towards the turbolift. "Transporter Room 3." Josh waited a few moments till the turbolift stopped. He stepped out of the turbolift and after a few moments of walking he arrived at the transporter room. He smiled at the transporter chief and stepped on the pad. "Energize"

==Transporter Room USS Horizon==

Seconds later Josh materialized on the Horizon. He was greeted by their chief. "Welcome back Commander." The Ensign said. "Thank you Ensign please have my things brought to my quarters." The Ensign summoned two crewmen over as Josh was walking out of the transporter room. Josh couldn't hear him give them their orders as the door shut behind him. He reached the turbolift. "Bridge"

==Horizon Bridge==

The turbolift stopped and the doors opened. He saw the familiar faces of his friends and people he considers his family. He walked towards the Captain who was sitting in his chair. "Captain permission to come on board." Josh waited for the approval.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 07:44:33 AM »
John smiled as he heard the communcation he walked over to his chair and pressed the button.

==^== Victory, this is the Horzion seems our children like escaping care to send our child back==^==

John then walked forward he sighed he knew the First Officer is not going to like what will be happening.

=^== Bridge to Engineering, in your expert opinion do you think in an Emerency we be able to disconnect the Borg Transwarp Core==^==

=^= Engineering to Bridge, I would not advise it, but if push came to shove.....  I will blow the hatches myself to drop the core..... =^=

The Chief Engineer's stomach goes into knots when he thinks that he will have to drop one of his engines...  But he knows his engine rooms.   Three fine cores....

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
==Bridge of the Victory==

Josh stood up and looked at the captain. "Permission to disembark ma'am." Captain Burton stood up and extended her hand. Josh immediately shook her hand. "Granted Commander. Be safe out there." Josh nodded his head. "You too Captain." Josh then walked towards the turbolift. "Transporter Room 3." Josh waited a few moments till the turbolift stopped. He stepped out of the turbolift and after a few moments of walking he arrived at the transporter room. He smiled at the transporter chief and stepped on the pad. "Energize"

==Transporter Room USS Horizon==

Seconds later Josh materialized on the Horizon. He was greeted by their chief. "Welcome back Commander." The Ensign said. "Thank you Ensign please have my things brought to my quarters." The Ensign summoned two crewmen over as Josh was walking out of the transporter room. Josh couldn't hear him give them their orders as the door shut behind him. He reached the turbolift. "Bridge"

==Horizon Bridge==

The turbolift stopped and the doors opened. He saw the familiar faces of his friends and people he considers his family. He walked towards the Captain who was sitting in his chair. "Captain permission to come on board." Josh waited for the approval.

"Welcome Back Number One, even though your not going to like Starfleet's brilliant idea" John said

=^= Engineering to Bridge, I would not advise it, but if push came to shove.....  I will blow the hatches myself to drop the core..... =^=

The Chief Engineer's stomach goes into knots when he thinks that he will have to drop one of his engines...  But he knows his engine rooms.   Three fine cores....
==^== Just do your best Cheif; this test from Command reminds me of the Titanic==^==

Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 01:59:31 PM »
=^= Just keep the grease out of the drains, so you won't stop up the plumbing...  Engineering Out. =^=

KnodwI has a bad feeling about this new trans-warp engine.   To many design flaws to be feasible, but orders are orders...

Computer run simulation sequence Kang 1a, give results.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 02:56:11 PM »
"Welcome Back Number One, even though your not going to like Starfleet's brilliant idea" John said
==^== Just do your best Cheif; this test from Command reminds me of the Titanic==^==

=^= Just keep the grease out of the drains, so you won't stop up the plumbing...  Engineering Out. =^=

KnodwI has a bad feeling about this new trans-warp engine.   To many design flaws to be feasible, but orders are orders...

Computer run simulation sequence Kang 1a, give results.

Josh gave a puzzling look. "Tests? What kind of tests captain?" Josh said nervously. He didn't like the fact the the Horizon is usually used for testing new equipment instead of actual test ships like they are supposed to.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 03:00:29 PM »
Josh gave a puzzling look. "Tests? What kind of tests captain?" Josh said nervously. He didn't like the fact the the Horizon is usually used for testing new equipment instead of actual test ships like they are supposed to.

John looked at him and smiled while taking a breath

“Starfleet is testing a Borg Transwarp Core to see if we can gain access to there corradores so we can stop them more quickly Personally I think this is a really Bad idea”Finished John

Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2018, 09:27:39 AM »
[Engineering]
The computer simulation was run and finished, the results were on the screen before the Chief Engineer.  The simulation shows a breakdown of all systems being used.   As the results of the test, over half of the systems on the ship would now be non-functional.   

KnodwI got his team together started working on a new routine to keep the major systems working if all hell broke loose.

Lt. McLamore, take over..  I am going to see the Captain...

The Chief left the engine room

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2018, 10:45:01 AM »
John looked at him and smiled while taking a breath

“Starfleet is testing a Borg Transwarp Core to see if we can gain access to there corradores so we can stop them more quickly Personally I think this is a really Bad idea”Finished John

Josh sighed. "As much as i would like to explore this option of travel cause it could benefit the federation, but the Borg has had centuries to prepare their ships. I'm sure they lost several ships with countless drones on board. They don't value their people as well do. We have families on here. One microcrack in the hull and we'll hardly have to to announce we have a problem before the ship breaks apart." Josh sighed and calmed himself. "Can we at least make arrangements with either a star base, colony, or even another ship to evacuate the familes of the crew. With all due respect sir we as members of starfleet signed up for certain risks, They didn't."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 12:03:12 PM »
Josh sighed. "As much as i would like to explore this option of travel cause it could benefit the federation, but the Borg has had centuries to prepare their ships. I'm sure they lost several ships with countless drones on board. They don't value their people as well do. We have families on here. One microcrack in the hull and we'll hardly have to to announce we have a problem before the ship breaks apart." Josh sighed and calmed himself. "Can we at least make arrangements with either a star base, colony, or even another ship to evacuate the familes of the crew. With all due respect sir we as members of starfleet signed up for certain risks, They didn't."

John looked at him and sighed

“That’s why we’re running on a skeleton crew”Finished John

Sector Commander