Author Topic: U.S.S Horzion-Into Darkness  (Read 4266 times)

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.S Horzion-Into Darkness
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
"Let me put it this way my brother and commander.  Where were they when this ship was being designed?  Where were they when I was one of just four engineers to design this dual warp core?  Where were they when the warp pulse cannon was designed and tested?  No one can answer that cause they had a pencil shoved up where the hell ever.

You bring one of them into my engine room they will hang in the warp nacelle!"

KnodwI was at the end of his rope.  Not knowing what else to do to keep this test from happening.

John took a deep breath he was frustrated as his hands were tied with his orders.

"Orders State Test the Transwarp Core and get readings from Transwarp....."John's voice trailed off "They do'nt say it has to be on the Ship could'nt we design a Probe and attach the Core to it and get the same readings" asked John

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 04:28:46 PM »
John took a deep breath he was frustrated as his hands were tied with his orders.

"Orders State Test the Transwarp Core and get readings from Transwarp....."John's voice trailed off "They do'nt say it has to be on the Ship could'nt we design a Probe and attach the Core to it and get the same readings" asked John

Captain, I may have an idea for that......  Get a long range shuttle equip the transwarp core to it, have our finest science officer to set up a probe setting in the shuttle to have it relay it back to the ship in real time....   If something was to happen then the shuttle will do an automatic log bouy back to the ship.    Kill two birds with one junk core.

The idea brought a gleam to the engineer's eyes. 

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »
[Bridge]

It wasn't difficult not to hear the continued conversation between the Captain, XO and Chief Engineer as they discusses the transwarp technology and how they could get the data they needed without endangering the ship. At the mention of a probe and using a shuttle, she turned in her chair.

" If I may Captain, I can easily set up the probe setting in the Shuttle once its modified with the transwarp core and have it relay all information back to Horizon, although I assume that the shuttle will need a pilot and for me to join them in order for this to be a success".

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2018, 06:09:18 PM »
[Bridge]

It wasn't difficult not to hear the continued conversation between the Captain, XO and Chief Engineer as they discusses the transwarp technology and how they could get the data they needed without endangering the ship. At the mention of a probe and using a shuttle, she turned in her chair.

" If I may Captain, I can easily set up the probe setting in the Shuttle once its modified with the transwarp core and have it relay all information back to Horizon, although I assume that the shuttle will need a pilot and for me to join them in order for this to be a success".

John turned sharply and looked directly at the Science Officer he wasn’t amused she intrupted the three Officers as they discussed.

“Remember Lieutenant Proper Bridge decorum, and futhermore if you were paying attention instead Ease dropping you would know it’s a one way trip” Finished John as he tuned back

Captain, I may have an idea for that......  Get a long range shuttle equip the transwarp core to it, have our finest science officer to set up a probe setting in the shuttle to have it relay it back to the ship in real time....   If something was to happen then the shuttle will do an automatic log bouy back to the ship.    Kill two birds with one junk core.

The idea brought a gleam to the engineer's eyes. 

John took a deep breath and put his hands behind his back

“Do you see any flaw with this Number One” Finished John

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2018, 12:58:40 AM »
John turned sharply and looked directly at the Science Officer he wasn’t amused she intrupted the three Officers as they discussed.

“Remember Lieutenant Proper Bridge decorum, and futhermore if you were paying attention instead Ease dropping you would know it’s a one way trip” Finished John as he tuned back

Josh contemplated all the suggestions. "Our main concern is the ship and crew. To minimize things we should try the probe, then shuttle second. Then and only then try it with the Horizon but after several simulations from the data recieved. When the time comes for the shuttle test I'll volunteer to pilot it."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2018, 03:36:43 AM »

Charlotte understood Bridge decorum but had mainly wanted to offer her opinion . However realised that she should of waited and wasn't eavesdropping as it wasn't difficult not to hear what was being said.

She was also aware that it was a one way trip and was simply offering a solution to make this test a success. Despite her husband's tone and words as if she didn't matter, Charlotte replied.

" My apologies Captain it wasn't my intention and I understand completely, Science will be ready for whatever you decide".

With that she turned back to her console and returned to work.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2018, 08:05:44 AM »
Josh contemplated all the suggestions. "Our main concern is the ship and crew. To minimize things we should try the probe, then shuttle second. Then and only then try it with the Horizon but after several simulations from the data recieved. When the time comes for the shuttle test I'll volunteer to pilot it."

John looked at Josh for a second then took a breath as he was as listening

“Number One we can still send a Shuttle put it on auto nav” Finished John

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2018, 11:21:55 AM »
John looked at Josh for a second then took a breath as he was as listening

“Number One we can still send a Shuttle put it on auto nav” Finished John

"Yes sir which ever course of action you see best the crew will follow."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2018, 07:16:06 PM »
"Yes sir which ever course of action you see best the crew will follow."

John nodded then turned and looked at the Cheif Engineer

“Would a Shuttle be okay for you On auto Nav?” Asked John

Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2018, 07:09:07 AM »
John nodded then turned and looked at the Cheif Engineer

“Would a Shuttle be okay for you On auto Nav?” Asked John

The chief engineer smiles.

"Aye, the will work perfectly.  Even if the shuttle makes the voyage, we sbould be able to get telemetry..  If something goes wrong, the shuttle may not make it back."

He paused for moment.

"I will head down to the shuttle bay and prep a shuttle.  With your permission sir."

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
The chief engineer smiles.

"Aye, the will work perfectly.  Even if the shuttle makes the voyage, we sbould be able to get telemetry..  If something goes wrong, the shuttle may not make it back."

He paused for moment.

"I will head down to the shuttle bay and prep a shuttle.  With your permission sir."

John nodded then took a few steps to the Bridge rail

“Let me know when the Shuttle is ready” Finished John sighing

John looked across the Bridge he had a lot on his mind they only had 40 on board with 30 of them Engineers so if they were attacked he would be at a disadvantage.

“Harriman get Sheilds and Weapons prepared to Engage the Borg; and Seal all unused decks” Ordered John turning to the First Officer “let’s hope we don’t get any surprises”Brown continued

Sector Commander

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »
John nodded then took a few steps to the Bridge rail

“Let me know when the Shuttle is ready” Finished John sighing

John looked across the Bridge he had a lot on his mind they only had 40 on board with 30 of them Engineers so if they were attacked he would be at a disadvantage.

“Harriman get Sheilds and Weapons prepared to Engage the Borg; and Seal all unused decks” Ordered John turning to the First Officer “let’s hope we don’t get any surprises”Brown continued

[Bridge]

john nodded and began to seal off the unused decks, when he had finished he prepared the shields and weapons for combat. He made sure that all torpedoes were loaded and that the phasers and shields had all the power they could handle. He then looked at the captain. "Sir tactical stands ready for combat." he said.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2018, 08:08:59 AM »
[Bridge]

As the others continued making plans regarding the use of the transwarp core and how best to utilise it given the dangers they now faced, Charlotte had returned to scanning the area. Focusing on the latest information streaming in as the order was made to raise shields and prepare weapons.

Waiting for the moment to speak as she became concerned regarding what she was seeing. " Captain, sensors are picking up abnormal radiation coming from a Nebula .8 lightyears from our current location".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »
[Bridge]

john nodded and began to seal off the unused decks, when he had finished he prepared the shields and weapons for combat. He made sure that all torpedoes were loaded and that the phasers and shields had all the power they could handle. He then looked at the captain. "Sir tactical stands ready for combat." he said.

John nodded then he looked over at the Science Officer he walked over to her station

[Bridge]

As the others continued making plans regarding the use of the transwarp core and how best to utilise it given the dangers they now faced, Charlotte had returned to scanning the area. Focusing on the latest information streaming in as the order was made to raise shields and prepare weapons.

Waiting for the moment to speak as she became concerned regarding what she was seeing. " Captain, sensors are picking up abnormal radiation coming from a Nebula .8 lightyears from our current location".

John entered a few commands on her Station as the information appeared he sighed

"Damm, Sensors and Sheilds would be usless we would be flying blind" Finished John as he looked at the First Officer "An Entire Fleet could be hiding in there and we would'nt know it" Brown then looked over at the Science Officer

"Launch a Class Three Probe try to get as much information from the Probe before it emplodes from the Nebula" John stated

Sector Commander

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 07:32:26 AM »

John nodded then he looked over at the Science Officer he walked over to her station

John entered a few commands on her Station as the information appeared he sighed

"Damm, Sensors and Sheilds would be usless we would be flying blind" Finished John as he looked at the First Officer "An Entire Fleet could be hiding in there and we would'nt know it" Brown then looked over at the Science Officer

"Launch a Class Three Probe try to get as much information from the Probe before it emplodes from the Nebula" John stated

[Bridge]

When her husband looked at her before walking over to her station, she remained professional yet on the inside was happy that he was close. Watching as he then inputted some commands into her console and when he spoke about them not being able to use shields or sensors and that there could be an entire fleet waiting for them but they wouldn't know anything until it was too late only further proved the seriousness of the situation.

At the order of sending a class three probe and to gather as much information as possible before it was consumed by the nebula, Charlotte immediately got to work before looking back at her husband.

" Aye Captain and sending the probe now " she replied receiving confirmation that it had launched and would monitor both its trajectory and the data it would send back.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon