Author Topic: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2019, 07:28:36 PM »
[Bridge

Josh turned as the chief engineer walked on the bridge.  "Ok everyone let's go a head and proceed to the observation lounge.   Kosh walked away followed by his brother and the rest of the crew. 

Observation Lounge

Josh walked in first and sat down at the head of the table.  Knowdi sat in the chair on Josh's right.  Josh then saw everyone else walk in and take their seats.  "Ok I know you all have questions as to why Captain Brown is sitting right before.  I think it would be best if he describes why. Proceed captain. " Josh said looking at Captain Brown. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »
[Bridge

Josh turned as the chief engineer walked on the bridge.  "Ok everyone let's go a head and proceed to the observation lounge.   Kosh walked away followed by his brother and the rest of the crew. 

Observation Lounge

Josh walked in first and sat down at the head of the table.  Knowdi sat in the chair on Josh's right.  Josh then saw everyone else walk in and take their seats.  "Ok I know you all have questions as to why Captain Brown is sitting right before.  I think it would be best if he describes why. Proceed captain. " Josh said looking at Captain Brown.

John nodded then stood up and walked to the wall panel and he entered the commands bringing up the details of the mission.

“This is deemed Top Secert Classifed; the details were that I was to go under Deep Cover on Andor.I spend the last two months there and the details are such this man listed here is planing a rebellion that would get Andor to leave the Federation.While this was happening an other group using there advantage wants to bomb the Captial we are going to stop the bombing and make sure the Evidence points to him as we will arrest him to stop the rebellion. Questions?” Asked John

Captain John Brown
  Starfleet Intelligence

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2019, 12:17:46 AM »
John nodded then stood up and walked to the wall panel and he entered the commands bringing up the details of the mission.

“This is deemed Top Secert Classifed; the details were that I was to go under Deep Cover on Andor.I spend the last two months there and the details are such this man listed here is planing a rebellion that would get Andor to leave the Federation.While this was happening an other group using there advantage wants to bomb the Captial we are going to stop the bombing and make sure the Evidence points to him as we will arrest him to stop the rebellion. Questions?” Asked John

Posting as Commander Knodwi Shepard

Knodwi looked at his brother Josh then at his other brother,  his house brother.  "This goes against the prime directive.  What if this doesn't go the way we plan.  This could mean we could be court martialed and sent to a penal colony. "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Jackson McQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2019, 02:33:16 AM »
Jackson had made his way into the meeting as requested and sat listening for a time still somewhat in shock at Captain Brown’s return. He hadn’t known the captain very well but he did admire him to a degree. After the XO made his comments Jackson nodded.
“I agree with the commander. If we do this the plan has to be absolutely fool proof and even then it’s a risk I’m not sure we can take.” I’m all for helping people who need it but going against the Prime Directive is a huge decision one that I think the whole crew should have a say in. At least give them a chance to leave the ship before hand so they can avoid being court martialed.” He said looking around the room before hesitating on Captain Brown. “By the way welcome back Captain.” He added a bit nervously.

LT Jackson McQueen
Security  Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2019, 06:17:56 AM »
Posting as Commander Knodwi Shepard

Knodwi looked at his brother Josh then at his other brother,  his house brother.  "This goes against the prime directive.  What if this doesn't go the way we plan.  This could mean we could be court martialed and sent to a penal colony. "

John took a breath before speaking he put his hands behind his back

“Then Give me Options, as Starfleets Original Plan is to allow the bomb to go off killing hundreds and in the  chaos blame our friend here anyways.ether way there is a risk but risk is part of a the game this is the reason we ware the Uniform only question is what choice do we make” John Finished

Captain John Brown
  Starfleet Intelligence

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2019, 12:02:44 PM »
Jackson had made his way into the meeting as requested and sat listening for a time still somewhat in shock at Captain Brown’s return. He hadn’t known the captain very well but he did admire him to a degree. After the XO made his comments Jackson nodded.
“I agree with the commander. If we do this the plan has to be absolutely fool proof and even then it’s a risk I’m not sure we can take.” I’m all for helping people who need it but going against the Prime Directive is a huge decision one that I think the whole crew should have a say in. At least give them a chance to leave the ship before hand so they can avoid being court martialed.” He said looking around the room before hesitating on Captain Brown. “By the way welcome back Captain.” He added a bit nervously.
John took a breath before speaking he put his hands behind his back

“Then Give me Options, as Starfleets Original Plan is to allow the bomb to go off killing hundreds and in the  chaos blame our friend here anyways.ether way there is a risk but risk is part of a the game this is the reason we ware the Uniform only question is what choice do we make” John Finished

Josh spoke up.  "I plan on giving the crew a choice.  If they choose not to take part I'll note it in the file if the court martial comes.  That way they are covered.  They'll be shuttled off to the local ambassador office on Andoria to avoid any backlash. 

Posting as Lieutenant Grix

Grix stood up. "I'm sorry captain. I can't take part in this.  To me this goes against the very principles the federation was founded upon.  I have my career to consider and my family. If you do proceed with this mission then good luck to you." He then walked out of the observation lounge and was heading to his quarters to gather his belongings then to the shuttle bay waiting to see if any other members of the crew will join him.

Captain Shepard

Josh watched as Grix walked out.  "Computer please note the date and time that Lieutenant Grix decided not to take part in this mission.  Indicate that no harmful actions or legal matter should be taken against him."

Computer

"Acknowledged."

Captain Shepard

He then turned to Lieutenant McQueen.  "Everyone will have the same choice to make Lieutenant. I will not force anyone to take part in this mission." Josh looked at the rest of the crew.  "First I need to know who at this table is going to continue with this mission.  Knowing that it could either mean death,  or imprisonment." Josh waited for the first to speak. 

Posting as Commander Shepard

"I will be honored to complete this mission."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2019, 01:27:54 PM »
[Observation Lounge]

The joviality that had taken place on the Bridge minutes earlier, soon diminished the moment they stepped into the Observation Lounge and her husband explained everything about his secret mission that had taken him from her and made her lie about his supposed death.

Quietly observing and listening to the conversation as suggestions were made and objections raised. The Science Chief understood the ramifications of their actions and yet despite all of that and the possibility of consequences after didn't phase Charlotte. In fact as she watched Grix stand up and leave, she wouldn't be following him even as her unborn child made its presence known by moving within her.

" You can count me in as well because what we're about to do is the lesser of two evils and if it gives Andoria the chance to survive then we need to try and help them whatever the cost ".

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2019, 03:48:28 PM »
Josh spoke up.  "I plan on giving the crew a choice.  If they choose not to take part I'll note it in the file if the court martial comes.  That way they are covered.  They'll be shuttled off to the local ambassador office on Andoria to avoid any backlash. 

Posting as Lieutenant Grix

Grix stood up. "I'm sorry captain. I can't take part in this.  To me this goes against the very principles the federation was founded upon.  I have my career to consider and my family. If you do proceed with this mission then good luck to you." He then walked out of the observation lounge and was heading to his quarters to gather his belongings then to the shuttle bay waiting to see if any other members of the crew will join him.

Captain Shepard

Josh watched as Grix walked out.  "Computer please note the date and time that Lieutenant Grix decided not to take part in this mission.  Indicate that no harmful actions or legal matter should be taken against him."

Computer

"Acknowledged."

Captain Shepard

He then turned to Lieutenant McQueen.  "Everyone will have the same choice to make Lieutenant. I will not force anyone to take part in this mission." Josh looked at the rest of the crew.  "First I need to know who at this table is going to continue with this mission.  Knowing that it could either mean death,  or imprisonment." Josh waited for the first to speak. 

Posting as Commander Shepard

"I will be honored to complete this mission."

John was sitting in his chair taking in all that was going on around him, the return of Captain Brown, the fact that they had to break General Order One in order to save Andor. He watched as many of the Senior Staff either disagreed or walked out of the meeting.

Being a bar certified JAG and being a security officer he knew that what was being proposed would end all their careers, but John knew it was the only way to keep Andor in the Federation. He look at the Captains and spoke up.

“Sirs, I agree that this mission, could end our careers if it’s discovered that we were involved. But I also know that this is the only way to keep the Federation intacted. I will stand by you all the way, because it is my job to protect my Captain or Captains in this case at all cost. And it is also my job to protect the Federation and this more then qualifies . He said straight to the point.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:42 PM »
John was sitting in his chair taking in all that was going on around him, the return of Captain Brown, the fact that they had to break General Order One in order to save Andor. He watched as many of the Senior Staff either disagreed or walked out of the meeting.

Being a bar certified JAG and being a security officer he knew that what was being proposed would end all their careers, but John knew it was the only way to keep Andor in the Federation. He look at the Captains and spoke up.

“Sirs, I agree that this mission, could end our careers if it’s discovered that we were involved. But I also know that this is the only way to keep the Federation intacted. I will stand by you all the way, because it is my job to protect my Captain or Captains in this case at all cost. And it is also my job to protect the Federation and this more then qualifies . He said straight to the point.

John started pondering then looked at Harriman

“Mr.Harriman if I Officly Assume Command will it save Captian Shepard any backlash”Finished John

Captain John Brown
  Starfleet Intelligence

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »

John started pondering then looked at Harriman

“Mr.Harriman if I Officly Assume Command will it save Captian Shepard any backlash”Finished John

John looked at Captain Brown and thought for a second. “If you deem Captain Sheppard unfit for duty medically you could assume command as Senior Officer on the ship. Or you could simply pull rank as the Senior Captain and relive the CO and XO for disobeying a direct order from a Senior Officer. But the order would have to be a lawful order.” He replied looking at the Captain.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2019, 09:58:58 PM »
John looked at Captain Brown and thought for a second. “If you deem Captain Sheppard unfit for duty medically you could assume command as Senior Officer on the ship. Or you could simply pull rank as the Senior Captain and relive the CO and XO for disobeying a direct order from a Senior Officer. But the order would have to be a lawful order.” He replied looking at the Captain.

Josh looked at Brown and Harriman.  "I'm not medically unfit.  Now is not the time to attempt to pull rank.  We all must work together or this mission is going to fail and everyone will be in a far worse condition." Josh then looked into John's eyes. "John you've known me a long time.  There's no way I'm sitting on the sidelines for this.  So if we're done trying to see is in command here let's get back to what's more important.  We need a plan to pull this off."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Josh looked at Brown and Harriman.  "I'm not medically unfit.  Now is not the time to attempt to pull rank.  We all must work together or this mission is going to fail and everyone will be in a far worse condition." Josh then looked into John's eyes. "John you've known me a long time.  There's no way I'm sitting on the sidelines for this.  So if we're done trying to see is in command here let's get back to what's more important.  We need a plan to pull this off."

John nodded then looking over at Josh

“Sorry my Friend just wanted to save you and the rest of the crew” John stated then looking at the group “The Bomb is easy to disable as there using an 2355 detonator so an EM Pluse from Main Deflector will disable it easily, the only issue is stopping the rebellion we can one break Prime Directive and blame him for bombing or two aculley talk with the Andorian Goverment” Brown Finished

Captain John Brown
  Starfleet Intelligence

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2019, 11:24:05 PM »
John nodded then looking over at Josh

“Sorry my Friend just wanted to save you and the rest of the crew” John stated then looking at the group “The Bomb is easy to disable as there using an 2355 detonator so an EM Pluse from Main Deflector will disable it easily, the only issue is stopping the rebellion we can one break Prime Directive and blame him for bombing or two aculley talk with the Andorian Goverment” Brown Finished

"Or we find it,  disable it and then make the government aware of who is responsible.  It'll keep us from getting too involved or we act like we're just visiting.  Then discover it then we personally go to the government.  I like this option better.  Due to the fact that once it gets back to Starfleet Command it'll make it a little less harder to severely punish one's that saved founding members of the Federation.  Not that I'm looking for glory but that could work best for us.  Unless someone else has an idea."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2019, 06:43:09 AM »
"Or we find it,  disable it and then make the government aware of who is responsible.  It'll keep us from getting too involved or we act like we're just visiting.  Then discover it then we personally go to the government.  I like this option better.  Due to the fact that once it gets back to Starfleet Command it'll make it a little less harder to severely punish one's that saved founding members of the Federation.  Not that I'm looking for glory but that could work best for us.  Unless someone else has an idea."

John rubbed his nose then looked at Josh

“That would stop the Bomb then how would we get our friend arrested he smart there is not enough evidence to prove he is behind the bombing so how are we going to deal with that”Finished John

Captain John Brown
  Starfleet Intelligence

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2019, 08:29:55 PM »
John rubbed his nose then looked at Josh

“That would stop the Bomb then how would we get our friend arrested he smart there is not enough evidence to prove he is behind the bombing so how are we going to deal with that”Finished John

"We've done a lot more with a lot less.  We can run finger print analysis, scan for DNA fragments.  If he's a member of the guard then I'm sure they'll have a record of him in their database."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon