Author Topic: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself  (Read 5949 times)

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
Josh felt a sense of pride as the computer announced that the Horizon was his ship.  Normally this is done with some type of ceremony but I guess with what is going on it isn't possible.  "Captain will you at least be addressing the crew with your departure?"

John sighed then passed over the Box with his Wedding ring then looking at him

“No they must not know of the Change of Command, Five Hours after I leave you are to inform the Crew I died in an Accident Offically I will be Dead” John Finished “I know I Can trust you Josh with my Wife and my Ship but this must be done you will understand in time”Brown Finished

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
John sighed then passed over the Box with his Wedding ring then looking at him

“No they must not know of the Change of Command, Five Hours after I leave you are to inform the Crew I died in an Accident Offically I will be Dead” John Finished “I know I Can trust you Josh with my Wife and my Ship but this must be done you will understand in time”Brown Finished

Josh leaned back in the chair.  "That you died.  Captain that is gonna destroy Charlotte. I will follow your instructions but I just hope that you and who ever is putting you on this assignment realizes the short term damage this will cause."

Josh then thought of something else as he stood up. "Captain if the crew isn't supposed to know about the change of command then how should we explain why you left the ship in the first place?"

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »
Josh leaned back in the chair.  "That you died.  Captain that is gonna destroy Charlotte. I will follow your instructions but I just hope that you and who ever is putting you on this assignment realizes the short term damage this will cause."

Josh then thought of something else as he stood up. "Captain if the crew isn't supposed to know about the change of command then how should we explain why you left the ship in the first place?"

John leaned back in his chair then looked at Josh for the moment

“Josh, Dont tell her I am dead just you can’t tell her we’re I am before you announce to crew tell her the truth that I am still alive” Finished John “Were telling the Crew I am going for a briefing with Command” John Finished

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 12:28:35 AM »
John leaned back in his chair then looked at Josh for the moment

“Josh, Dont tell her I am dead just you can’t tell her we’re I am before you announce to crew tell her the truth that I am still alive” Finished John “Were telling the Crew I am going for a briefing with Command” John Finished

Josh nodded his head in agreement.  "Understood sir." Josh faced the door then turned around and walked back towards there captains desk.  He extended waiting for the captain to shake his hand. "Serving with you sir has been an honor.  I promise you the ship is in good hands."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 09:02:54 AM »
Josh nodded his head in agreement.  "Understood sir." Josh faced the door then turned around and walked back towards there captains desk.  He extended waiting for the captain to shake his hand. "Serving with you sir has been an honor.  I promise you the ship is in good hands."

John replaced his commbadge fixed his tunic and walked across the desk

“it’s been an Honnor Josh” Finished John as he returned the shake.
 John walked out onto the Bridge he held the back of the Command chair for several moments then headed towards Charlotte he took hold of her ha d and looked into her eyes a single tear fell onto her hand he looked at it then sighed letting go of her hand

“Until I see you again” Finished John as he kissed her cheek and headed out to the Bridge and headed towards shuttle bay taking a Shuttle to Earth

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:32 AM »
John replaced his commbadge fixed his tunic and walked across the desk

“it’s been an Honnor Josh” Finished John as he returned the shake.
 John walked out onto the Bridge he held the back of the Command chair for several moments then headed towards Charlotte he took hold of her ha d and looked into her eyes a single tear fell onto her hand he looked at it then sighed letting go of her hand

“Until I see you again” Finished John as he kissed her cheek and headed out to the Bridge and headed towards shuttle bay taking a Shuttle to Earth

Josh walked out of ready room right behind the captain.  He could tell that what ever it is he's doing might not end the way he hopes.  Since their marriage Josh has never seen the captain perform any public display of affection.  Josh sighed very lightly then sat in the captain's chair.  "Bridge to shuttle bay 1. Get a shuttle ready.  The captain is on his way. " moments later a chief petty officer acknowledged the order.  "Aye sir we'll have it ready before he arrives." Josh wanted to say something else but simply said.  "Acknowledged. " and closed the channel. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 12:05:08 PM »

[Bridge]

When the doors to the Ready Room opened and her husband stepped out, Charlotte turned so she could see him properly. However was slightly confused by the way he was acting especially as he then approached her and took hold of her hand. He was never one to show any affection towards her unless they were alone so this was both out of character and welcomed at the same time.

That was until she saw the single tear fall onto her hand followed by the way he spoke and kissed her cheek before he turned and left the Bridge.

She sat there wondering if that had actually happened and she wanted to run after him and demand what the hell was going on and where he was going. But as Josh took the command chair and gave instructions, she was trying to keep it together as she spoke up.

" Commander Shepard, what's going on and why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to see him again?".

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
[Bridge]

When the doors to the Ready Room opened and her husband stepped out, Charlotte turned so she could see him properly. However was slightly confused by the way he was acting especially as he then approached her and took hold of her hand. He was never one to show any affection towards her unless they were alone so this was both out of character and welcomed at the same time.

That was until she saw the single tear fall onto her hand followed by the way he spoke and kissed her cheek before he turned and left the Bridge.

She sat there wondering if that had actually happened and she wanted to run after him and demand what the hell was going on and where he was going. But as Josh took the command chair and gave instructions, she was trying to keep it together as she spoke up.

" Commander Shepard, what's going on and why do I get the feeling that I'm not going to see him again?".

Josh looked up at Charlotte.  He wanted to tell her what John said but gave his word.  "He just wasn't looking forward to leaving this suddenly Commander.  He was trying to delay his trip till tomorrow but Starfleet Command wanted him there immediately.  He'll be back in a few weeks though." That last sentence nearly crushed him. He didn't like to lie let alone lie to a friend and colleague.

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 02:48:50 PM »
Josh looked up at Charlotte.  He wanted to tell her what John said but gave his word.  "He just wasn't looking forward to leaving this suddenly Commander.  He was trying to delay his trip till tomorrow but Starfleet Command wanted him there immediately.  He'll be back in a few weeks though." That last sentence nearly crushed him. He didn't like to lie let alone lie to a friend and colleague.

[Shuttlecraft 7]

~Computer superheat drive plasma in Starbord Nessle and start dumping~

John postioned the Shuttle in front of the Horzion

~Computer:Warning Warp Core Breech in 90 Seconds ~

John moves his sleeve showing the comm badge hidden he pressed it two times then disappeared in the transporter effect

*On the Horzion alarms were going off as the Shuttle Warp Core Breeched exploding*

Sector Commander

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »
[Bridge]

As Josh looked at her and told her that her husband simply hadn't been looking forward to leaving this suddenly and how he was trying to delay his trip until Command wanted him there immediately. Charlotte didn't know whether to believe him or not and had a horrible feeling that something was up and that both of them weren't telling her the truth.

However before she could say anything an alert sounded, informing her that the warp core had breached on the shuttle and ..... " No no no, oh god please no" she exclaimed, tears running down her face.

" The shuttle has ... no life signs ... no sign of the escape pod ...... her voice trailed off as she realised that her husband was dead and their unborn child was now fatherless.

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
[Shuttlecraft 7]

~Computer superheat drive plasma in Starbord Nessle and start dumping~

John postioned the Shuttle in front of the Horzion

~Computer:Warning Warp Core Breech in 90 Seconds ~

John moves his sleeve showing the comm badge hidden he pressed it two times then disappeared in the transporter effect

*On the Horzion alarms were going off as the Shuttle Warp Core Breeched exploding*

[Bridge]

As Josh looked at her and told her that her husband simply hadn't been looking forward to leaving this suddenly and how he was trying to delay his trip until Command wanted him there immediately. Charlotte didn't know whether to believe him or not and had a horrible feeling that something was up and that both of them weren't telling her the truth.

However before she could say anything an alert sounded, informing her that the warp core had breached on the shuttle and ..... " No no no, oh god please no" she exclaimed, tears running down her face.

" The shuttle has ... no life signs ... no sign of the escape pod ...... her voice trailed off as she realised that her husband was dead and their unborn child was now fatherless.

Josh looked in amazement and shock.  His instinct was genuine.  "Scan for any life signs,  or even a body. " The on duty tactical officer said shortly.  "Sir the only thing there is small traces of debris.  His body simply vaporized." Josh slammed his fist on the arm of the chair.  Did he really just lose his friend or was this simply part of what he was told. Josh turned to Charlotte.  "Commander run scans of the debris. I want to know what happened." He then stood up.  "You have the bridge commander I have to contact Starfleet command. " Josh then walked into the captain's ready room.  "Computer open a secure channel to Starfleet command priority 1. Authorization gamma delta 13 alpha.  Enable." The channel came to life with a Male Admiral on the screen.  "Sir I regret to inform you that Captain Jonathan Brown has been killed in a shuttle accident. "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Patrick Brown

• Starfleet Cheif Of Staff
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »
Josh looked in amazement and shock.  His instinct was genuine.  "Scan for any life signs,  or even a body. " The on duty tactical officer said shortly.  "Sir the only thing there is small traces of debris.  His body simply vaporized." Josh slammed his fist on the arm of the chair.  Did he really just lose his friend or was this simply part of what he was told. Josh turned to Charlotte.  "Commander run scans of the debris. I want to know what happened." He then stood up.  "You have the bridge commander I have to contact Starfleet command. " Josh then walked into the captain's ready room.  "Computer open a secure channel to Starfleet command priority 1. Authorization gamma delta 13 alpha.  Enable." The channel came to life with a Male Admiral on the screen.  "Sir I regret to inform you that Captain Jonathan Brown has been killed in a shuttle accident. "

==^== “Understood, you are Promoted to Captian and are Ordered to Patrol the Androian and Vulcun border; due to a situation don’t have time to brief you, God Speed==^==
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:37:09 PM by John Brown »

Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown
Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 04:31:05 PM »
[Bridge]

Charlotte barely heard what was going on around her as Josh went into full Starfleet mode and followed protocol. Everything felt increasingly numb as they confirmed her information as she mourned the loss of her husband.

Wanting to shout and scream but instead the tears continued to fall as she was put in charge and asked to scan for the reason why the shuttle had exploded.

She knew that it was her duty to do so but not when it was her husband but admitted defeat as she turned back to the console and began the scans.

The results were surprising and could very well give her a small glimmer of hope that she desperately needed right now.

But it also made her question what the hell was going on as she handed the conn over and stormed into the ready room.

[Ready Room]

Not caring who Josh was talking too, she looked at the XO and spoke quickly and angrily.

" I want the truth and I want it now as there was no organic matter detected in the debris and I know when someone has been vaporised or not so where is my husband because he's not dead".

« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:59:48 PM by Charlotte Brown »

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »
==^== “Understood, you are Promoted to Captian and are Ordered to Patrol the Androian and Vulcun border; due to a situation don’t have time to brief you, God Speed==^==

"Understood sir." Then the screen went black. Josh sighed and then...

[Ready Room]

Not caring who Josh was talking too, she looked at the XO and spoke quickly and angrily.

" I want the truth and I want it now as there was no organic matter detected in the debris and I know when someone has been vaporised or not so where is my husband because he's not dead".

Josh felt a little angry with her storming into the ready room like this, however he fought the urge to snap her back into reality like she was a first year cadet. "Commander I know you're not stupid.  Why do you think I assigned you to that task instead of ops. I knew you wouldn't find any human remains.  This was to give you a little reassurance." Josh took a deep breath.  "John isn't dead.  He's on assignment.  More importantly it's some type of mission that if he's caught then the federation could deny all knowledge since records show he was killed.  John didn't go into specifics about the actual mission but during my times as a security officer the way this whole thing was handled shows the incredible risk that this mission holds.  You and I are the only ones on this ship that knows the truth.  No one else can know not even my brother and as much as I hate keeping things from him I must as a personal favor to John.  So I don't want to make this an order I want to give you the same courtesy as John gave me.  I'm asking as a favor not to reveal what you have heard.  Your report must say that small trace amounts of human DNA was found in the wreckage from the result of a warp core breach."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »
"Understood sir." Then the screen went black. Josh sighed and then...

Josh felt a little angry with her storming into the ready room like this, however he fought the urge to snap her back into reality like she was a first year cadet. "Commander I know you're not stupid.  Why do you think I assigned you to that task instead of ops. I knew you wouldn't find any human remains.  This was to give you a little reassurance." Josh took a deep breath.  "John isn't dead.  He's on assignment.  More importantly it's some type of mission that if he's caught then the federation could deny all knowledge since records show he was killed.  John didn't go into specifics about the actual mission but during my times as a security officer the way this whole thing was handled shows the incredible risk that this mission holds.  You and I are the only ones on this ship that knows the truth.  No one else can know not even my brother and as much as I hate keeping things from him I must as a personal favor to John.  So I don't want to make this an order I want to give you the same courtesy as John gave me.  I'm asking as a favor not to reveal what you have heard.  Your report must say that small trace amounts of human DNA was found in the wreckage from the result of a warp core breach."

[Ready Room]

Charlotte didn't know whether to stand or sit as she looked towards Josh, grief mixed with anger and confusion clearly etched on her face as he began to speak. Slowly beginning to calm down as Josh acknowledged that she wasn't stupid and explained why he had asked her to do the scans and what was going on.

Then she experienced hurt and anger towards her husband for putting her through this especially being pregnant and wondered what was so important for him to not confide in her and let Josh be the one to deal with a hormonal and grief stricken wife.

As time went on, the information began to sink in properly and she was able to process exactly what had been said. Finally she sighed and let out her frustrations, still not happy with John but would do what was asked and keep it between the two of them.

She also understood the need to keep it a secret and the courtesy that he had showed her as she responded.

" I'm sorry but it was such a shock especially with me being pregnant and trust my husband to get involved in something like this and make things difficult" she replied softly. " However you can count on me to keep this a secret and my report will contain what you asked me to include".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon