Author Topic: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself  (Read 6838 times)

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: U.S.S Horzion- Fear Itself
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
Ready as we will ever be, Sir.

"Let's Get this Show on the Road" Finished John as he walked towards the lift and exited heading for the transporter Room

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2019, 08:52:12 PM »
"Let's Get this Show on the Road" Finished John as he walked towards the lift and exited heading for the transporter Room

KnodwI followed in behind the Captain.   Just before they got to the transporter room.

Captain, take this., handing him his own personal Dak'tag blade with the family crest in it.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »
[Bridge]

As the away team prepared to leave, Charlotte looked towards her husband, wishing she could have a proper goodbye but she had to remember protocol. So instead she watched them enter the lift, just as their unborn child made its presence known.

Placing a hand over her bump, before turning back towards her console. Hoping that work would distract her from worrying too much, especially after already thinking that she had lost him once.

So trying not to think too much, she focused on monitoring the scans and the team as they departed.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2019, 10:15:45 PM »
[Bridge]

As the away team prepared to leave, Charlotte looked towards her husband, wishing she could have a proper goodbye but she had to remember protocol. So instead she watched them enter the lift, just as their unborn child made its presence known.

Placing a hand over her bump, before turning back towards her console. Hoping that work would distract her from worrying too much, especially after already thinking that she had lost him once.

So trying not to think too much, she focused on monitoring the scans and the team as they departed.

Josh saw Charlotte, the worry and hurt in her eyes could be seen from the other side of the galaxy. He walked up to her and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.  "He'll be fine.  They're all gonna be just fine." Then he lightly patted her shoulder.  "Mr. McQueen maintain routine scans of the area. We don't know how far this moment has really gone and if they have starships available.  Keep us at yellow alert but no defensive grids online, but available within seconds."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
Josh saw Charlotte, the worry and hurt in her eyes could be seen from the other side of the galaxy. He walked up to her and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder.  "He'll be fine.  They're all gonna be just fine." Then he lightly patted her shoulder.  "Mr. McQueen maintain routine scans of the area. We don't know how far this moment has really gone and if they have starships available.  Keep us at yellow alert but no defensive grids online, but available within seconds."

[Bridge]

Charlotte had been completely zoned out as she focused on the readouts in front of her. That was until she felt a reassuring hand on her shoulder and looked up to see it was Josh, who had comforted her, with not only his gesture but his words.

" I know they will, its just hormones I guess and not wanting to lose him, like I thought I had" she admitted as Josh then issued an order to Sec/Tac.

" I'll be able to monitor the team from here, unless there's something else that you need me to do?".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2019, 11:06:27 PM »
[Bridge]

Charlotte had been completely zoned out as she focused on the readouts in front of her. That was until she felt a reassuring hand on her shoulder and looked up to see it was Josh, who had comforted her, with not only his gesture but his words.

" I know they will, its just hormones I guess and not wanting to lose him, like I thought I had" she admitted as Josh then issued an order to Sec/Tac.

" I'll be able to monitor the team from here, unless there's something else that you need me to do?".

"No I need you to watch their backs.  Send any abnormal readings to John directly but I want a record of them as well."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2019, 04:01:12 AM »
"No I need you to watch their backs.  Send any abnormal readings to John directly but I want a record of them as well."

Charlotte listened as Josh told her to watch the away team's backs and to send any abnormal readings directly to her husband. The Science Chief also understood why the Captain also needed a record of them.

" Understood, I'll inform you straightaway if I get something or if anything changes with the team".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Jackson McQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2019, 01:04:55 PM »
"Mr. McQueen maintain routine scans of the area. We don't know how far this moment has really gone and if they have starships available.  Keep us at yellow alert but no defensive grids online, but available within seconds."
Jackson looked to the captain and nodded.
"Yes, Sir." he said in response as he began setting up the request and making the announcement that the ship is moving to yellow alert and to the rest of the security team to have defensive grids on standby.

LT Jackson McQueen
Security  Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Harriman

• Chief of Security and Tactical U.S.S. Horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »

John nodded and made his way to the lift. It had been a while since he had been on a mission such as this, but he was ready to do what was necessary to protect the Federation.

Lt.Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Chief of Security/Tactical
U.S.S. Horizon

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »
Thirty Minutes Later

The Away Team materialised in the prearranged beam down spot.

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 11, 2019, 12:38:43 PM »
Thirty Minutes Later

The Away Team materialised in the prearranged beam down spot.

Josh was sitting in the command chair.  "Transporter room keep a lock on the away team. On my order or anyone else from the team beam them out immediately." "Acknowledged sir." A young ensign said.  Josh stood up and walked towards the view screen then turned around.  "If I may have your attention please.  This mission has very serious risks not only to us and our ship but to the very heart of the Federation as well.  If things take a turn for the worse we could be blamed for numerous charter violations, possibly causing an interstellar war among other outcomes.  If there's any officer here that does not wish to take part in this please say so now I'll enter it into the ships log and you'll be relieved of your duties not as a punishment but for your protection." Josh finished his speech and looked around at his officers waiting to see if anyone would like to be dismissed from this mission. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2019, 04:35:07 PM »
[Bridge]

A myriad of different emotions threatened to break through Charlotte's resolve. Each one battling for dominance especially worry and concern over her husband and those who had beamed down with him.

Add to that the pregnancy and she knew that she could erupt any minute or break down. However managed to pull herself together and turn away from her sensors as the Captain spoke.

Her mind already made up, so knew immediately that she wouldn't be leaving the Bridge anytime soon.

She couldn't speak for anyone else as she looked at Josh with determination and resolution.

" Your orders Captain ?".

Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2019, 09:52:53 PM »
[Bridge]

A myriad of different emotions threatened to break through Charlotte's resolve. Each one battling for dominance especially worry and concern over her husband and those who had beamed down with him.

Add to that the pregnancy and she knew that she could erupt any minute or break down. However managed to pull herself together and turn away from her sensors as the Captain spoke.

Her mind already made up, so knew immediately that she wouldn't be leaving the Bridge anytime soon.

She couldn't speak for anyone else as she looked at Josh with determination and resolution.

" Your orders Captain ?".

Josh watched as Charlotte spoke her answer.  He smiled slightly and nodded his head.  "Carry out my previous orders.  Keep scanning this sector for ships.  Don't focus on one point for too long.  Make it look like we're scanning for unexplained phenomena.  Monitor the away team.  I get the honor of trying to figure out what to say if we're questioned."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2019, 05:08:07 PM »
[Andor]

John looked around checking his tricorder he got the readings he was looking for

“Ready?” Asked Brown

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:07 PM »
[Andor]

John looked around checking his tricorder he got the readings he was looking for

“Ready?” Asked Brown

Knodwi scanned the area with his eyes checking every where he could.

"Let's do this.", he said.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon