Author Topic: Mission 1.2 - Innocence Lost  (Read 28936 times)

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
Mission 1.2 - Innocence Lost
« on: June 27, 2019, 05:00:57 AM »
[JAG Offices, Earth]

After returning to Earth following their mission to stop a terrorist organisation from disrupting the stability of Andor. The Captain and Senior Officers from the USS Horizon were put under arrest then called in front of JAG to answer charges brought against them by the Federation Council.

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Gibson
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 1.2 - Innocence Lost
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »
[JAG Offices, Earth]

After returning to Earth following their mission to stop a terrorist organisation from disrupting the stability of Andor. The Captain and Senior Officers from the USS Horizon were put under arrest then called in front of JAG to answer charges brought against them by the Federation Council.

Captain Shepard and his senior officers and Captain John Brown was sitting at a long table together.  They've been brought before the JAG office on request of the Federation council for their involvement in stopping a terrorist organization from trying to force the Andorian government to withdraw from the Federation.  Josh stood up first and announced.  "Excuse me sir.  Before we begin I'd just like to say that my crew was obeying my orders.  We was sent to assist the Andorian people at the request of the Federation but now after a successful mission in which the Andorians are still members and even have their gratitude we see called before this court.  This makes no sense but we will answer any questions that come our way.  We have nothing to hide.  Thank you" Josh said and sat back down waiting for the actual trial to start. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:32:03 AM »
Captain Shepard and his senior officers and Captain John Brown was sitting at a long table together.  They've been brought before the JAG office on request of the Federation council for their involvement in stopping a terrorist organization from trying to force the Andorian government to withdraw from the Federation.  Josh stood up first and announced.  "Excuse me sir.  Before we begin I'd just like to say that my crew was obeying my orders.  We was sent to assist the Andorian people at the request of the Federation but now after a successful mission in which the Andorians are still members and even have their gratitude we see called before this court.  This makes no sense but we will answer any questions that come our way.  We have nothing to hide.  Thank you" Josh said and sat back down waiting for the actual trial to start.

John sat there in slience sitting off to the side he didnt look at the others he was stolic and silent waiting for hearing to start.

Fleet Admiral John Brown
Commander And Chief 
Starfleet Command

Offline Patrick Brown

• Starfleet Cheif Of Staff
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 07:59:55 AM »

Patrick picked up his PADD his eyes narrowed he looked though Josh then took a breath.

“This Hearing is to Order; Thank you for your statement Captian.

The Senior Officers of the U.S.S Horzion is charged with interfearing with Breaking Prime Directive and disobey of Direct Orders; it is the recommendation that you all are Court Marshalled” Finished Patrick

“Who ordered you to Andor Captian Sheappord”

Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown
Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 08:08:52 AM »
[JAG Office, Earth]

The fact that she was sat here beside her Captain and fellow Senior Officers, wasn't a complete surprise to Charlotte. Although like Josh as he spoke, couldn't understand why they had been brought up on charges after successfully stopping the Andorians from leaving the Federation. Then again it was obvious that despite their risk to everything, the higher wants clearly wanted someone to blame and they were the ones that had been targeted.

At just over six months pregnant, the Chief Science Officer, shifted slightly to make herself more comfortable. Stealing a glance towards her husband as she did, but doubted it would be returned and wished that she could be closer but now wasn't the time. Like everything else it all rested on the outcome of this hearing, although one good thing had come out of it so far and that was finding out that her and John were having a daughter.

It had given her something else to focus on and allowed Charlotte to spend time with her husband. Then her attention moved away from that happy thought as her gaze rested on Patrick. Finding it a little ironic that she was now married to his brother but gone was any familiarity as he spoke. Listening to the charges and the recommendation for court martial, her hands now resting on her bump as Patrick spoke to Josh.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »
[JAG Office, Earth]

The fact that she was sat here beside her Captain and fellow Senior Officers, wasn't a complete surprise to Charlotte. Although like Josh as he spoke, couldn't understand why they had been brought up on charges after successfully stopping the Andorians from leaving the Federation. Then again it was obvious that despite their risk to everything, the higher wants clearly wanted someone to blame and they were the ones that had been targeted.

At just over six months pregnant, the Chief Science Officer, shifted slightly to make herself more comfortable. Stealing a glance towards her husband as she did, but doubted it would be returned and wished that she could be closer but now wasn't the time. Like everything else it all rested on the outcome of this hearing, although one good thing had come out of it so far and that was finding out that her and John were having a daughter.

It had given her something else to focus on and allowed Charlotte to spend time with her husband. Then her attention moved away from that happy thought as her gaze rested on Patrick. Finding it a little ironic that she was now married to his brother but gone was any familiarity as he spoke. Listening to the charges and the recommendation for court martial, her hands now resting on her bump as Patrick spoke to Josh.

Patrick then glanced over at Charlotte then taking a breath

“Ms.Brown; as Cheif Science Officer is it true that Captian John Brown was recorded as Dead” Finished Patrick

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 10:00:26 AM »
Patrick picked up his PADD his eyes narrowed he looked though Josh then took a breath.

“This Hearing is to Order; Thank you for your statement Captian.

The Senior Officers of the U.S.S Horzion is charged with interfearing with Breaking Prime Directive and disobey of Direct Orders; it is the recommendation that you all are Court Marshalled” Finished Patrick

“Who ordered you to Andor Captian Sheappord”

I was instructed by Captain Brown. He had official orders that was given to him by Starfleet intelligence.  If those orders came higher up than that I'm uncertain. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 10:14:47 AM »
I was instructed by Captain Brown. He had official orders that was given to him by Starfleet intelligence.  If those orders came higher up than that I'm uncertain.

Patrick crossed his hands then looked at Josh

“So Captian Brown ordered you to Andor and ordered you to interfer with the internal affairs of a Federation Member world and arrest an Senior Offical of the Imperial Guard is that correct Captian?” Asked Patrick

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

John Harriman

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 10:17:34 AM »
[JAG Office]

John sat among his fellow Senior Officers in the JAG conference room. It had been a long time since he sat in one of these rooms but this was the first time he sat there as an defendant and not a JAG. He knew he and his fellow officers had pushed the rules but, in reality they had not broken the Prime Directive. They did not interfere with proper political action, nor did they take sides in a war. What they did was no differ t the. What Captain Kirk and the Senior Officers of the Enterprise did at the Khitomer Accords.

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 10:23:26 AM »
Patrick then glanced over at Charlotte then taking a breath

“Ms.Brown; as Cheif Science Officer is it true that Captian John Brown was recorded as Dead” Finished Patrick

[JAG Office]

As Josh answered Patrick's question and another followed, Charlotte knew that they could only tell the truth. So as Patrick then turned to her, she set aside any personal connection to the Admiral as he asked that question that she had no choice but to answer. Part of her wishing that she didn't have too as she remembered the emotional turmoil, she had gone through until John returned to her.

Of course it wasn't fair all of this but, it was a case of hold your head high and hope that sense would prevail. Resisting the urge to look at her husband again as she answered his brother.

" Yes that is true" she replied simply.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
[JAG Office]

As Josh answered Patrick's question and another followed, Charlotte knew that they could only tell the truth. So as Patrick then turned to her, she set aside any personal connection to the Admiral as he asked that question that she had no choice but to answer. Part of her wishing that she didn't have too as she remembered the emotional turmoil, she had gone through until John returned to her.

Of course it wasn't fair all of this but, it was a case of hold your head high and hope that sense would prevail. Resisting the urge to look at her husband again as she answered his brother.

" Yes that is true" she replied simply.

Patrick nodded and looked at Josh waiting his answer

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »
Patrick crossed his hands then looked at Josh

“So Captian Brown ordered you to Andor and ordered you to interfer with the internal affairs of a Federation Member world and arrest an Senior Offical of the Imperial Guard is that correct Captian?” Asked Patrick

"That's partially correct sir.  I said Captain Brown ordered us with direct official orders from Starfleet intelligence. It was designated as a black ops mission.  The fact that the man  apprehended was a top official of the Andorian government is an issue that the Andorian Prime Minister is dealing with. We have been thanked for their assistance and recommended for awards. I do not seek that type of glory or recognition.  However it was an honor to help them and remain within the Federation.  Which is what higher ups in Starfleet wanted as well which is why they sent us there."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 11:32:18 AM »
"That's partially correct sir.  I said Captain Brown ordered us with direct official orders from Starfleet intelligence. It was designated as a black ops mission.  The fact that the man  apprehended was a top official of the Andorian government is an issue that the Andorian Prime Minister is dealing with. We have been thanked for their assistance and recommended for awards. I do not seek that type of glory or recognition.  However it was an honor to help them and remain within the Federation.  Which is what higher ups in Starfleet wanted as well which is why they sent us there."

Patrick picked up his PADD and entered some information then looked up

“Captian Sheapord you and your crew are free to go and a letter of reprimand will be on your file for your involvement. Captian John Brown for issuing Unlawful Orders you are removed from any Starship Commands you are to take postion of Sector Commander with a Promotion to Rear Admiral LH; you are also forbidden to ever atain a Starship Command.

This Hearing is concluded; Dismissed” Finished Patrick

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 02:56:36 PM »
Patrick picked up his PADD and entered some information then looked up

“Captian Sheapord you and your crew are free to go and a letter of reprimand will be on your file for your involvement. Captian John Brown for issuing Unlawful Orders you are removed from any Starship Commands you are to take postion of Sector Commander with a Promotion to Rear Admiral LH; you are also forbidden to ever atain a Starship Command.

This Hearing is concluded; Dismissed” Finished Patrick

Josh stood up.  "Excuse me Admiral, but how are you going to reprimand myself and my crew when we had direct orders from Starfleet intelligence. These orders had to be approved by someone higher than them before it even made it's transfer to me.  Our ship recieved minimal damage only.  No loss of life or equipment.  This seems like it was a black ops mission that some how has been made public and we are being treated as scapegoats, like we went rogue or something.  I'm happy that Captain Brown has recieved a well deserved promotion however a reprimand on their record will either prevent them from ever attaining command of their own one day if they wish to go that route or recieve any other type of promotion for longer than it should be or at the very least come under heavy scrutiny. These are fine officers Admiral.  They shouldn't have this type of disciplinary action against for following the orders of our own intelligence agency. If I must I will take this up higher to Starfleet Command or even the Federation council if I must. My crew will not be anyone's scapegoats cause this became public knowledge."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »
Josh stood up.  "Excuse me Admiral, but how are you going to reprimand myself and my crew when we had direct orders from Starfleet intelligence. These orders had to be approved by someone higher than them before it even made it's transfer to me.  Our ship recieved minimal damage only.  No loss of life or equipment.  This seems like it was a black ops mission that some how has been made public and we are being treated as scapegoats, like we went rogue or something.  I'm happy that Captain Brown has recieved a well deserved promotion however a reprimand on their record will either prevent them from ever attaining command of their own one day if they wish to go that route or recieve any other type of promotion for longer than it should be or at the very least come under heavy scrutiny. These are fine officers Admiral.  They shouldn't have this type of disciplinary action against for following the orders of our own intelligence agency. If I must I will take this up higher to Starfleet Command or even the Federation council if I must. My crew will not be anyone's scapegoats cause this became public knowledge."

Patrick took a deep breath then looked directly at Josh

“Captian Shepherd; your crew don't have a letter you have the letter. As Captian you are responsible for the actions of there crew From the Ships logs I would be in my rights to call a Court Marshall and allow the courts to deal with This” Finished Patrick as he stood up and looked at Josh

Patrick pointed at Josh

“Captian Brown told you if a beacon goes off to recover him; his orders were not to involve you and your ship he disobeyed a direct order in helping him you did as well; only reason your not demoted or reassigned to a garbage depot is what you did on Andor. So Mister Shepherd answer me this what do you have me do not follow our rules that make us Starfleet”Finished Patrick

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command