Author Topic: Mission 1.2 - Innocence Lost  (Read 861 times)

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
Re: Mission 1.2 - Innocence Lost
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2019, 04:55:46 AM »
[Cabin]

Charlotte was beginning to wonder if John actually cared about what was telling him or was it simply because he was too preoccupied at the moment. Still it hurt that he hadn't even acknowledged the fact that she had said their daughter's name. However decided for now to not say anything and perhaps he might realise.

She was about to answer him when Josh and Knowdi arrived. Acknowledging the pair before the inevitable conversation started. Thinking she would be better off leaving them all to talk, in the hope they would knock some proverbially sense into John.

Charlotte left them too it in order to go prepare dinner for them all. She did consider telling them but doubted she would be heard and it would be obvious were she had gone

So she walked over to the kitchen area and started pulling out ingredients.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2019, 10:44:49 AM »
[Horizon bridge]

The comm officer on duty got a message beep on her console.

"Sir, message from the Klingon homeworld for Captain Shepard, priority one.", she said.

Lt. Wood's  eye popped open real wide.

"Contact the Captain now, ensign.", he ordered.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Patrick Brown

• Starfleet Cheif Of Staff
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »
[Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown Office]

==^== “This is Fleet Admiral Brown to Captian Shepard you and John Brown has 15 Minutes to report to my Office or I will send a Security Team and drag you here Brown out==^==

Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown
Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2019, 03:07:14 PM »
"So John have you thought more about your distinguished career?  You've done a lot of good within Starfleet.  To hell with what Patrick says.  He's been hiding behind the desk for so long he's forgotten what it's like to even travel at warp speeds.  There's a Commander at his office that said he hasn't left that sector even before the war started.  You've been out there,  fought alongside us, you know the names of those who served under you, it actually hurt you when we lost people.  Patrick doesn't even know nearly 70% of the people under his command and he sees them everyday day. I'm sorry to bring this all up now when we just got here but I had to say it."

John took a sip of his Wiskey then sighed

“I honestly Don’t know I just don’t want to be riding a desk as I know I get stuck with the Political problems of Earth. Patty not all bad he just under alot of pressure. In 2373 just before the War was in full swing one of early Battles his Ship the Essex was lost with all hands but him so he hides behind the Desk” Finished John

[Cabin]

Charlotte was beginning to wonder if John actually cared about what was telling him or was it simply because he was too preoccupied at the moment. Still it hurt that he hadn't even acknowledged the fact that she had said their daughter's name. However decided for now to not say anything and perhaps he might realise.

She was about to answer him when Josh and Knowdi arrived. Acknowledging the pair before the inevitable conversation started. Thinking she would be better off leaving them all to talk, in the hope they would knock some proverbially sense into John.

Charlotte left them too it in order to go prepare dinner for them all. She did consider telling them but doubted she would be heard and it would be obvious were she had gone

So she walked over to the kitchen area and started pulling out ingredients.

John looked at saw Charlotte leave he just sighed then he heard the communtor beeps

[Horizon bridge]

The comm officer on duty got a message beep on her console.

"Sir, message from the Klingon homeworld for Captain Shepard, priority one.", she said.

Lt. Wood's  eye popped open real wide.

"Contact the Captain now, ensign.", he ordered.
[Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown Office]

==^== “This is Fleet Admiral Brown to Captian Shepard you and John Brown has 15 Minutes to report to my Office or I will send a Security Team and drag you here Brown out==^==

Johns eyes grew wide he jumped up then looked at the two men

“What did you two Do?” Asked John

Rear Admiral LH John Brown
 Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Horizon
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
John took a sip of his Wiskey then sighed

“I honestly Don’t know I just don’t want to be riding a desk as I know I get stuck with the Political problems of Earth. Patty not all bad he just under alot of pressure. In 2373 just before the War was in full swing one of early Battles his Ship the Essex was lost with all hands but him so he hides behind the Desk” Finished John

John looked at saw Charlotte leave he just sighed then he heard the communtor beeps

Johns eyes grew wide he jumped up then looked at the two men

“What did you two Do?” Asked John

Josh stood up and pulled down his tunic a little.  "Well I don't think he heard me call him an asshole. Well let's go see what he wants.  Knodwi could you go ask Charlotte to join us."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Executive Officer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »
Josh stood up and pulled down his tunic a little.  "Well I don't think he heard me call him an asshole. Well let's go see what he wants.  Knodwi could you go ask Charlotte to join us."

KnodwI shook his head.

"The comm was for you and the Admiral,  sir.  It would not be advisable right now.", he said.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
First Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2019, 04:11:44 PM »
KnodwI shook his head.

"The comm was for you and the Admiral,  sir.  It would not be advisable right now.", he said.

Josh nodded his head once.  "Agreed." Josh turn to John.  "Ready? "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Josh nodded his head once.  "Agreed." Josh turn to John.  "Ready? "

John took a deep breath then looked at the XO

“Take care of Charlotte for me she needs support that I cant give” Finished John then he looked at Josh

“Let’s Go” Finished John

Sector Commander

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2019, 01:24:51 AM »
John took a deep breath then looked at the XO

“Take care of Charlotte for me she needs support that I cant give” Finished John then he looked at Josh

“Let’s Go” Finished John

Josh tapped his communicator.  =^=Shepard to Horizon. Two to beam to Starfleet Headquarters.=^= They vanished due to the transporter beam and seconds later they arrived at Starfleet Headquarters main yard. While walking they hardly said a word until they reached Admiral Brown's office door.  Josh turned to his former captain,  friend and brother.  "No matter what happens we're all still family.  Everyone will back you what ever happens in here."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Charlotte Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »
[Cabin]

Halfway through marinating the steaks and chicken pieces ready for grilling, Charlotte looked up as she heard the distinct noise of the transporter. Quickly realising that John and Josh had left without so much as a word too her. Taking a moment to lean against the workbench, wondering if she was actually cutout to continue. Her husband was cold, distant and at the moment didn't care one bit about  her or the baby.

Yes she knew that he was suffering what with the mission and subsequent fallout from it, but still did that give him the right to ignore her existence and push her away. It was frustrating yet she meant every word of her vows and wanting to stay with him. However hoped that things would improve, otherwise that might change.

Not knowing where they had gone or how long they would be, Charlotte continued for now and moved onto the salad and potatoes, thinking that she would at least feed her and Knowdi.

Lieutenant Commander Charlotte Brown
Chief Science Officer
USS Horizon

Offline John Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2019, 05:44:45 PM »
Josh tapped his communicator.  =^=Shepard to Horizon. Two to beam to Starfleet Headquarters.=^= They vanished due to the transporter beam and seconds later they arrived at Starfleet Headquarters main yard. While walking they hardly said a word until they reached Admiral Brown's office door.  Josh turned to his former captain,  friend and brother.  "No matter what happens we're all still family.  Everyone will back you what ever happens in here."

John put a half smile and looked over at Josh

“Let’s Face the Music” Finished John as he stepped inside with Josh

Sector Commander

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »
John put a half smile and looked over at Josh

“Let’s Face the Music” Finished John as he stepped inside with Josh

[Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown’s Office]

Patrick saw the two men Enter he put down the PADD he was looking at he looked at Both Men for a long moment his eyes were black he took a breath.

“John, you Been on Earth What 36 Hours and you have yet to see your Children it’s been Two Years Jonny you still hav’nt seen them what would be the excuse this time....Oh yes Duty call to Hell with Duty Steven almost 16.......I know Charlotte Pregnant Whats going to be your exuse then Sorry the Uniform came First!” Patrick snapped at John then he leaned back in his chair and took a breath looking at Josh

“It seems you have Friends in High places Captian or your brother likes to talk I don’t think I want to check the Communction logs of the Horizon” Patrick stated as he picked up two PADDs

“You Two and the Horzion are now the Problem of KDF; I have you know if it wasn’t for the Treaty you would be the last Vessel we would send the CNC of Starfleet was not amused.If you fail Captian the words of him you will be demoted to Ensign and made to repaint K7 with a Toothbrush” Finished Patrick sliding the PADD across the desk “ You are also towing an Intrepid Class with you named the Churchill with work with the Klingons were going to try to redesign the Whole ship to try to get Voyager home, Any questions” Finished Patrick

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »
[Fleet Admiral Patrick Brown’s Office]

Patrick saw the two men Enter he put down the PADD he was looking at he looked at Both Men for a long moment his eyes were black he took a breath.

“John, you Been on Earth What 36 Hours and you have yet to see your Children it’s been Two Years Jonny you still hav’nt seen them what would be the excuse this time....Oh yes Duty call to Hell with Duty Steven almost 16.......I know Charlotte Pregnant Whats going to be your exuse then Sorry the Uniform came First!” Patrick snapped at John then he leaned back in his chair and took a breath looking at Josh

“It seems you have Friends in High places Captian or your brother likes to talk I don’t think I want to check the Communction logs of the Horizon” Patrick stated as he picked up two PADDs

“You Two and the Horzion are now the Problem of KDF; I have you know if it wasn’t for the Treaty you would be the last Vessel we would send the CNC of Starfleet was not amused.If you fail Captian the words of him you will be demoted to Ensign and made to repaint K7 with a Toothbrush” Finished Patrick sliding the PADD across the desk “ You are also towing an Intrepid Class with you named the Churchill with work with the Klingons were going to try to redesign the Whole ship to try to get Voyager home, Any questions” Finished Patrick

Better to tempt fate Josh eased on the side of caution.  "Has there been any communication from Voyager? "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon

Offline Patrick Brown

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2019, 08:50:27 PM »
Better to tempt fate Josh eased on the side of caution.  "Has there been any communication from Voyager? "

Patrick nodded and sighed  before looking at him

“Yes Two Weeks ago there was a small message since the the Pathfinder Project is looking into resources to bring them home even using out Allies as there are in the Delta Quadrent and 75,000 Light years from home” Patrick stated

Cheif of Staff
Starfleet Command

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2019, 11:58:59 PM »
Patrick nodded and sighed  before looking at him

“Yes Two Weeks ago there was a small message since the the Pathfinder Project is looking into resources to bring them home even using out Allies as there are in the Delta Quadrent and 75,000 Light years from home” Patrick stated

Josh looked at John and again at Patrick. "We'll do what we can to bring them home faster sir."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Horizon