Author Topic: Searching for an old friend.  (Read 240 times)

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Commanding Officer USS Gibson
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Searching for an old friend.
« on: January 07, 2020, 06:27:41 PM »
Captain Shepard was on board a retrofitted Intrepid class starship.  Josh strolled the ship with his new first officer that he hand picked.  John Harriman was his second choice however.  Josh's brother Knowdi declined the promotion cause he wanted to remain in engineering since he felt that's where he could do the most good for his ship and crewmates.  They was walking around and stood right outside sickbay.  "So what's your thoughts so far about the Gibson?"

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• First Officer U.S.S. Gibson
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for an old friend.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:08:22 PM »
Captain Shepard was on board a retrofitted Intrepid class starship.  Josh strolled the ship with his new first officer that he hand picked.  John Harriman was his second choice however.  Josh's brother Knowdi declined the promotion cause he wanted to remain in engineering since he felt that's where he could do the most good for his ship and crewmates.  They was walking around and stood right outside sickbay.  "So what's your thoughts so far about the Gibson?"

[Outside Sickbay]

John had been walking around the ship with his first new CO in six years. When he had been picked for this position he was honored and surprised. John was happy to be on a smaller ship with far less families and civilians on board. He had always been fond of the Intrepid Class because of the way Voyager had held up when she was so far from home for as long as she was. He had studied the Gibson and was impressed with her, she was a good ship and would hold her own if need be.

John looked at the Captain and replied. "Well Sir, she is a fine ship a big adjustment for sure though," he paused with a chuckle. "After six years on a Galaxy Class, I am going to have to get use to the closeness. But putting that aside, this is a hell of a ship. I studied the specs and she is still a Science Vessel at heart but she is also a Battleship should the need arise." he replied

Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Gibson

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:50:54 PM »
[Outside Sickbay]

John had been walking around the ship with his first new CO in six years. When he had been picked for this position he was honored and surprised. John was happy to be on a smaller ship with far less families and civilians on board. He had always been fond of the Intrepid Class because of the way Voyager had held up when she was so far from home for as long as she was. He had studied the Gibson and was impressed with her, she was a good ship and would hold her own if need be.

John looked at the Captain and replied. "Well Sir, she is a fine ship a big adjustment for sure though," he paused with a chuckle. "After six years on a Galaxy Class, I am going to have to get use to the closeness. But putting that aside, this is a hell of a ship. I studied the specs and she is still a Science Vessel at heart but she is also a Battleship should the need arise." he replied

Josh smiled slightly.  "It might be the same ship as Voyager, but we aren't alone and we sure gathered some new advanced technology during the Gibson's refit. I would introduce you to our chief engineer but he's currently on leave and we're on our way to meet him now. He's my brother and we've served together for a number of years.  So I usually have a little tradition where I assemble the entire crew and have a little pep talk about what I expect and what my first officer expects.  My brother has heard my speech countless times.  I'm sure he's bored of it by now.  So you can explain to him your expectations at another time.  So number one please assemble the crew in the main shuttle bay.  Set it 30 minutes from now.  We'll leave the bridge crew where they are and minimal engineering team and we'll make a ship wide announcement for them to hear.  Any questions Commander? "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 11:46:00 PM »
Josh smiled slightly.  "It might be the same ship as Voyager, but we aren't alone and we sure gathered some new advanced technology during the Gibson's refit. I would introduce you to our chief engineer but he's currently on leave and we're on our way to meet him now. He's my brother and we've served together for a number of years.  So I usually have a little tradition where I assemble the entire crew and have a little pep talk about what I expect and what my first officer expects.  My brother has heard my speech countless times.  I'm sure he's bored of it by now.  So you can explain to him your expectations at another time.  So number one please assemble the crew in the main shuttle bay.  Set it 30 minutes from now.  We'll leave the bridge crew where they are and minimal engineering team and we'll make a ship wide announcement for them to hear.  Any questions Commander? "

John nodded and smiled back. "No questions right now Sir." He said as he tapped his Combadge. =/\="All hands this is the First Officer, in thirty minutes all hands minus the Bridge crew and Engineering Team Alpha, report to the Main Shuttle Bay for an address from the Captain and myself."=/\= he said looking at the Captain.

Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Gibson

Offline KnodwI Shepard

• Chief Engineer
  • legh alive tu'lu'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
[Klingon Empire]

KnodwI was taking some time off back on the homeworld.   His time on the homeworld was productive, he was working withbsome engineers on some new designs that could help the Federation.

He made his way to his transport.  Usually he would take a shuttle back, but this time he was put on a bird of prey to meet up with his ship.

Commander KnodwI Shepard
Chief Engineer
USS Gibson

Offline Jack Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 11:42:39 PM »
John nodded and smiled back. "No questions right now Sir." He said as he tapped his Combadge. =/\="All hands this is the First Officer, in thirty minutes all hands minus the Bridge crew and Engineering Team Alpha, report to the Main Shuttle Bay for an address from the Captain and myself."=/\= he said looking at the Captain.

[Chief Tactical Officer's Office]

Jack was reading over a PADD about the latest status of the new weapon systems that were added to the Gibson as the Ship was the First Mk II Intrepid Class to be released by the Ship Yards.

"Hmmmm this should be interesting" Finished Jack as he placed the PADD down and stood up and headed out of the Office and headed towards the Main Shuttle Bay.

[Main Shuttle Bay]

Jack walked in and took position in a dark corner of the Shuttle Bay and watched as crew members would fill into the room

Lieutenant Commander Jack Brown
  Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Game Master 1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 07:44:08 PM »
30 Minutes later

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 08:20:47 PM »
The entire crew was assembled in the main shuttle bay.  They was all talking amongst themselves when the doors opened and Captain Shepard and Commander Harriman walked in.  Josh looked at his new crew.  Some he has seen throughout his years in Starfleet, some barely have two years of experience and the majority are fresh out of the academy.  Given the fact that the Gibson isn't the biggest in the fleet isn't an issue.  It's designed as a science vessel.  Plenty of opportunities for the grew to expand their horizons and test their limits. 

An order was called out.  "Attention.  Captain on deck." The crew snapped to attention and stood in silence.  Josh hadn't spoken yet.  He walked towards the crew's formation.  He was looking over their uniforms but most importantly he was looking at their faces.  He came to one man.  Lieutenant Jack Brown, he knew his father.  They never served together but has met him on several occasions.  Josh continued walking. 

He finally was at the back of the formation.  "Exploration." Josh said.  "Starfleet was founded upon the ideas of exploration.  We've explored a lot of great things, new planets,  new species, new technology,  new medicine.  With exploration comes great risk.  We had the romulan earth war,  war with the klingons that was like an old earth style cold war, war with the Dominion, and of course the Borg invasion.  We have succeeded in each war but at great cost.  The Gibson is going back to Starfleets roots.  Everyone here will be making history.  We might not make the history books but I promise you this. Everything you do here will matter and make a difference." Josh finished and reached the front of the formation. "This is commander John Harriman and I'm Captain Joshua Shepard. We will help you out just like i know you'll help us." Josh stood next to Harriman.  "Commander you have the floor. "

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 11:05:55 PM »
The entire crew was assembled in the main shuttle bay.  They was all talking amongst themselves when the doors opened and Captain Shepard and Commander Harriman walked in.  Josh looked at his new crew.  Some he has seen throughout his years in Starfleet, some barely have two years of experience and the majority are fresh out of the academy.  Given the fact that the Gibson isn't the biggest in the fleet isn't an issue.  It's designed as a science vessel.  Plenty of opportunities for the grew to expand their horizons and test their limits. 

An order was called out.  "Attention.  Captain on deck." The crew snapped to attention and stood in silence.  Josh hadn't spoken yet.  He walked towards the crew's formation.  He was looking over their uniforms but most importantly he was looking at their faces.  He came to one man.  Lieutenant Jack Brown, he knew his father.  They never served together but has met him on several occasions.  Josh continued walking. 

He finally was at the back of the formation.  "Exploration." Josh said.  "Starfleet was founded upon the ideas of exploration.  We've explored a lot of great things, new planets,  new species, new technology,  new medicine.  With exploration comes great risk.  We had the romulan earth war,  war with the klingons that was like an old earth style cold war, war with the Dominion, and of course the Borg invasion.  We have succeeded in each war but at great cost.  The Gibson is going back to Starfleets roots.  Everyone here will be making history.  We might not make the history books but I promise you this. Everything you do here will matter and make a difference." Josh finished and reached the front of the formation. "This is commander John Harriman and I'm Captain Joshua Shepard. We will help you out just like i know you'll help us." Josh stood next to Harriman.  "Commander you have the floor. "

John followed the Captain into the Shuttle Bay and to the front of the crew. He had looked at the personal files of all the crew and the majority of them were fresh out of the academy and the others only had around two years of experience. He was looking forward to seeing how everyone would do during their mission and all the missions to come. He listened to what the Captain said and was in total agreement.

The Captain then turned and looked and gave him the floor. John nodded and looked at the crew and began to speak. "Admiral Picard once said 'Seize the time… Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.' We are living in that now he spoke of, many of you are about to embark on your first mission and fulfill the duties that you have spent the last four to six years training for. We are explorers and as such we are going to go to and learn about cultures that others have never dreamed of. I am looking forward to getting back to our roots and exploring the galaxy with all of you." he said as he looked back to the Captain.

Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Gibson

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
John followed the Captain into the Shuttle Bay and to the front of the crew. He had looked at the personal files of all the crew and the majority of them were fresh out of the academy and the others only had around two years of experience. He was looking forward to seeing how everyone would do during their mission and all the missions to come. He listened to what the Captain said and was in total agreement.

The Captain then turned and looked and gave him the floor. John nodded and looked at the crew and began to speak. "Admiral Picard once said 'Seize the time… Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.' We are living in that now he spoke of, many of you are about to embark on your first mission and fulfill the duties that you have spent the last four to six years training for. We are explorers and as such we are going to go to and learn about cultures that others have never dreamed of. I am looking forward to getting back to our roots and exploring the galaxy with all of you." he said as he looked back to the Captain.

Josh nodded to his first officer.  "Before I dismiss you to your duties we have one thing to take care of. Lieutenant Jack Brown, front and center." Josh said like an old 20th century drill instructor. Josh waited and watched for Jack to make his way up to him and Commander Harriman. 

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Jack Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »
Josh nodded to his first officer.  "Before I dismiss you to your duties we have one thing to take care of. Lieutenant Jack Brown, front and center." Josh said like an old 20th century drill instructor. Josh waited and watched for Jack to make his way up to him and Commander Harriman.

Jack left the darkness of the corner he raised an eyebrow then walked up to the Captian and First Officer.

“Reporting as Ordered Sir” Finished John

Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 09:14:53 AM »
Jack left the darkness of the corner he raised an eyebrow then walked up to the Captian and First Officer.

“Reporting as Ordered Sir” Finished John

Josh looked at Jack.  "With the retirement of Lieutenant Commander James Todd and for your exemplary service to Starfleet I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander and also effective immediately you are to be addressed as my chief tactical and security officer." Josh spoke as he placed a blacked out pip on Jack's uniform.  "Congratulations Commander."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Jack Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 12:08:28 AM »
Josh looked at Jack.  "With the retirement of Lieutenant Commander James Todd and for your exemplary service to Starfleet I hereby promote you to the rank of Lieutenant Commander and also effective immediately you are to be addressed as my chief tactical and security officer." Josh spoke as he placed a blacked out pip on Jack's uniform.  "Congratulations Commander."

Jack stood there for several moments he was unsure what to think he was promoted to Lieutenant Commander he remember the stories his father told of being in his position for years before he took the Command track.

"Thank You Sir, I will not let you know I will make sure this Ship is Safe and sound" Finished Brown

Chief Tactical Officer
USS Gibson

Offline Joshua Shepard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 07:43:58 PM »
Jack stood there for several moments he was unsure what to think he was promoted to Lieutenant Commander he remember the stories his father told of being in his position for years before he took the Command track.

"Thank You Sir, I will not let you know I will make sure this Ship is Safe and sound" Finished Brown

Josh smirked a little.  "Yes Commander I have no doubt.  Little word of advice.  Save the brown nosing.  It doesn't work on me.  Actions speak louder than any words can." Jorah turned his attention to the rest of the crew.  "These men here are your direct superiors and any order they give is an order from me.  If you feel that it is morally wrong or illegal you may bring it to me but you better make sure you're right.  Now we are to rendezvous with the Klingon ship called the Rotaran to pick up our chief engineer.  Commander Knowdi Shepard.  So let's get to work.  Dismissed." Josh looked to his senior officers.  "I'll meet you both on the bridge." Josh then walked out of the cargo bay and entered the turbo lift. "Bridge." The turbo lift started to move and moments later it arrived.  He stepped out and a young lieutenant relinquished command.  "Helm set course for 163 mark 21 warp 6." Josh sat in the command chair and poked his uniform tunic down some.  "Engage."

Captain Joshua Shepard
Commanding Officer
USS Gibson

Offline John Harriman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »
Josh smirked a little.  "Yes Commander I have no doubt.  Little word of advice.  Save the brown nosing.  It doesn't work on me.  Actions speak louder than any words can." Jorah turned his attention to the rest of the crew.  "These men here are your direct superiors and any order they give is an order from me.  If you feel that it is morally wrong or illegal you may bring it to me but you better make sure you're right.  Now we are to rendezvous with the Klingon ship called the Rotaran to pick up our chief engineer.  Commander Knowdi Shepard.  So let's get to work.  Dismissed." Josh looked to his senior officers.  "I'll meet you both on the bridge." Josh then walked out of the cargo bay and entered the turbo lift. "Bridge." The turbo lift started to move and moments later it arrived.  He stepped out and a young lieutenant relinquished command.  "Helm set course for 163 mark 21 warp 6." Josh sat in the command chair and poked his uniform tunic down some.  "Engage."

[Cargo Bay]

John walked out of the Cargo Bay about a minute after the Captain and made his way to the Bridge.

[Bridge]

John stepped out of the turbo lift and made his way to the executive officer's chair and took a seat and nodded to the Captain as he took a seat to his left as the ship went to warp.

Cmdr. John S. Harriman
Executive Officer
U.S.S. Gibson