Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Living & Recreational Area / Re: Charlotte's Quarters
« Last post by Charlotte Ingram on February 22, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
John sat there and took a breath for a long moment then looking as if though darkness.

“A Shot gun Wedding means one issue how do I marry myself”Finished John

Charlotte looked over at John when he spoke about a shotgun wedding and how was he supposed to marry himself. She didn't consider it to be shotgun as she wasn't pregnant but understood what he meant and how were they supposed to get married when the only person who could legally was the groom and suddenly felt as though she would never get her position back or marry the man she loved because of this flaw.

" What if there was someone else who could marry us that was legally able to on the ship?" she suggested looking at both Josh and John this time. " It might be worth looking into and we go from there".
Command Deck / Re: Back to the Grind-Command Deck
« Last post by KnodwI Shepard on February 21, 2018, 09:47:44 PM »
(Engineering Primary Hull Section)

After KnodwI left the main Engineering section, he had to make sure that the third engine room was in ship-shape order.  Once he arrived he noticed one of his ensigns working at keeping things clean and neat.   

Ensign, Good job, carry on with your duties.

Then he when over to the control boards and made sure everything was setup, if in a matter of an emergency the Multi vector assault mode is needed, it was ready.

Once he finished there he left to go to his quarters for some rest.
« Last post by John Brown on February 21, 2018, 03:37:22 PM »
Charlotte looked back at John as he spoke and of course she understood how he must feel right now and that he had baggage but to her it didn't matter because not only did she love but it would mean them being able to stay together.

" You don't need a drink John " she replied reassuringly. " As for you having baggage that doesn't matter everyone does in some form, I love you and that should be enough especially if it means us getting to stay with each other or the only alternatives well it would mean me leaving and I know you don't want that"

Sitting down again she took a deep breath yes this was sudden and they hadn't been together long but it would save them both. " I've said all I can and you know I would marry you in an instant " she said going quiet as she felt as though she had said enough and now it was up to him.

John sat there and took a breath for a long moment then looking as if though darkness.

“A Shot gun Wedding means one issue how do I marry myself”Finished John
« Last post by Charlotte Ingram on February 20, 2018, 03:23:59 PM »
John sat back and took a deep breath

“Marriage..........” Finished Brown

“I don’t know what to do, I need a drink” Finished Brown then looking at Charlotte “I don’t know what to do this is so sudden I have so much baggage “Finished John

Charlotte looked back at John as he spoke and of course she understood how he must feel right now and that he had baggage but to her it didn't matter because not only did she love but it would mean them being able to stay together.

" You don't need a drink John " she replied reassuringly. " As for you having baggage that doesn't matter everyone does in some form, I love you and that should be enough especially if it means us getting to stay with each other or the only alternatives well it would mean me leaving and I know you don't want that"

Sitting down again she took a deep breath yes this was sudden and they hadn't been together long but it would save them both. " I've said all I can and you know I would marry you in an instant " she said going quiet as she felt as though she had said enough and now it was up to him.
« Last post by John Brown on February 20, 2018, 03:11:40 PM »
Josh sat down in an empty chair. He thought about the old regulation. "There is a way around it. It's not illegal but it would raise questions but they won't go any farther then simple questions. Married couples are permitted to serve on the same postings. That includes captain's and their spouse's. Starfleet couldn't say much about it unless the crew file charges of favoritism. That would be hard to prove since she held the title of chief science officer and was already a bridge officer. Also since you are a by the book officer i doubt anyone would even file such charges."

John sat back and took a deep breath

“Marriage..........” Finished Brown

Charlotte listened as Josh spoke gave a suggestion about how she could keep her position aboard the Horizon and to be honest wasn't expecting what he said. She looked over at John thinking of the conversation they had just had before Josh arrived wondering what he would say and if he was willing to go through with pretending they were married for the sake of her career and getting to stay with him.

She also knew how he felt on the subject given what had happened to his wife Kristi and how he had blamed himself for her death but for Charlotte maybe it was easier if she accepted the promotion on the research station to save him from making an impossible decision. Then again she loved him and wasn't about to give up.

" I understand Josh " she said looking to the XO for a moment then turned her attention back to her partner. " John I'm not going to force you into this but remember that I do love you and support any decision you make" she said " I also promise that if we do go ahead with this, I'm not going anywhere and you won't lose me, I know you still feel guilty over Kristi but its not going to happen again".

“I don’t know what to do, I need a drink” Finished Brown then looking at Charlotte “I don’t know what to do this is so sudden I have so much baggage “Finished John
« Last post by Charlotte Ingram on February 20, 2018, 03:05:21 AM »
Charlotte listened as Josh spoke gave a suggestion about how she could keep her position aboard the Horizon and to be honest wasn't expecting what he said. She looked over at John thinking of the conversation they had just had before Josh arrived wondering what he would say and if he was willing to go through with pretending they were married for the sake of her career and getting to stay with him.

She also knew how he felt on the subject given what had happened to his wife Kristi and how he had blamed himself for her death but for Charlotte maybe it was easier if she accepted the promotion on the research station to save him from making an impossible decision. Then again she loved him and wasn't about to give up.

" I understand Josh " she said looking to the XO for a moment then turned her attention back to her partner. " John I'm not going to force you into this but remember that I do love you and support any decision you make" she said " I also promise that if we do go ahead with this, I'm not going anywhere and you won't lose me, I know you still feel guilty over Kristi but its not going to happen again".
« Last post by Joshua Shepard on February 19, 2018, 08:24:49 AM »
Josh's reaction to the news that her and John were a couple wasn't as bad as she anticipating, realising that she had been holding her breath slightly until he spoke. Her breathing returning to normal as both him and John talked about this old regulation something she hadn't thought of and her partner's suggestion that all of this regarding her position being removed might be due to Starfleet suspicions over their new relationship.

She understood regulations but if this was true she didn't like the fact that she was being punished for falling in love and it reminded her of why her and Patrick had split up two years previously. She certainly didn't want to lose another relationship because of outdated rules.

" So if I'm hearing this correctly, Starfleet removed my position because of what they suspect about us " she said incredulously looking at both men. " Now I understand more as to why you can't do anything John but at the same time I don't want to put too much pressure on Josh because of this".

Josh sat down in an empty chair. He thought about the old regulation. "There is a way around it. It's not illegal but it would raise questions but they won't go any farther then simple questions. Married couples are permitted to serve on the same postings. That includes captain's and their spouse's. Starfleet couldn't say much about it unless the crew file charges of favoritism. That would be hard to prove since she held the title of chief science officer and was already a bridge officer. Also since you are a by the book officer i doubt anyone would even file such charges."
« Last post by Charlotte Ingram on February 18, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
Josh's reaction to the news that her and John were a couple wasn't as bad as she anticipating, realising that she had been holding her breath slightly until he spoke. Her breathing returning to normal as both him and John talked about this old regulation something she hadn't thought of and her partner's suggestion that all of this regarding her position being removed might be due to Starfleet suspicions over their new relationship.

She understood regulations but if this was true she didn't like the fact that she was being punished for falling in love and it reminded her of why her and Patrick had split up two years previously. She certainly didn't want to lose another relationship because of outdated rules.

" So if I'm hearing this correctly, Starfleet removed my position because of what they suspect about us " she said incredulously looking at both men. " Now I understand more as to why you can't do anything John but at the same time I don't want to put too much pressure on Josh because of this".
« Last post by John Brown on February 17, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
Josh had a look of shock on his face. "Well that's great news. I'm happy for the both of you." With that josh's expression changed a little. "Sir I'm saying this not as your first officer but as both of your friends. If starfleet becomes aware of this then they could seperate you both. An old regulation states that a commanding officer may not pursue a romantic relationship with a subordinate. So is this the reason why we currently don't have a chief science officer?"

John leaned back and took a deep breath before speaking

“No but I believe it is because Starfleet suspects that’s why I can’nt be seen trying to  deside her fate so it’s up to you to figure this out as it is an old regulation but it can be still used”Finished John
« Last post by Joshua Shepard on February 16, 2018, 09:42:15 PM »
Charlotte looked back at John when he said that it was up to her to tell Josh why he was here and that's when she realised that up until now no one knew about them. Given the situation she was now in she felt as though he had a right to know so everyone was out in the open and there was no more secrets.

" Commander .... Josh the reason why the Captain is here is because me and him are a couple " she said honestly.

Josh had a look of shock on his face. "Well that's great news. I'm happy for the both of you." With that josh's expression changed a little. "Sir I'm saying this not as your first officer but as both of your friends. If starfleet becomes aware of this then they could seperate you both. An old regulation states that a commanding officer may not pursue a romantic relationship with a subordinate. So is this the reason why we currently don't have a chief science officer?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10